Chester Comments On New Linkin Park Album, Solo Disc

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

To be more exact, proper breathing should be done with the diaphragm while singing.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Still doesn't change the sound of the song and how it's sung.

It's good, but probably not their best, in my opinion.

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

I still think In The End was their best....but that's just my opinion

Triad

Triad Well-Known Member

Yeah, i also think In The End was their best...But in the end, it doesn't even matter...

Mark

The award for corniest reply ever goes to... :p

Triad

Triad Well-Known Member

Hahahahahah, shit, ur crazy man!!
    hhahahaha

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Awsome, great news. Cant wait for the album to come out.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Writing wise yes, complete song, no. Probably not the best song they have put together but a very solid one with one hell of a video for it. I mean it was a really poppy sounding song but the video was just so dark that it complemented the lyrics to a tee.

Edit: this comment was directed to Dereks post on the last page about Breaking the Habit.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
    Shapeshift

Shapeshift Member

Hmm. I hope it's not like Death Metal screaming! But some form of signature screaming only Chester can pull off..

As for as previous post about Guitar Solo's... I am not to sure, you're just molding LP into what YOU want them to be, ignoring the fact that they are there own. I think Brad is an awesome guitarist and the solo's won't fit but I gotta admit I'd like to hear something a little different on this album, guitar wise.

Also I wonder if Chester will be setting up a Snow White Tan website.

Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Well, I was hoping less screaming. No biggie.. I have to see what they have up their sleeves this time. I already felt with Fort Minor that half of the old LP being Mike was back. Of course this is my opinion. Regardless if it's crap or not.. I am still interested in seeing what the next album will be.

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

hmmm very interesting. I too was kinda hoping for less screaming, or at least some more mature lyrics. And to all of you who think that screaming makes songs 'less poppy'...that can be true, but the more screaming you have the more your band sounds like an angsty 'i-hate-the-world-and-my-dad' kinda band.
    LP have usually been able to find a really good balance between the two, getting pissed off in some songs is great to let of steam and just enjoying the melody and singing normally in others is great too. I dont like one more than the other, I just hope they keep a balance. They are pretty much the only 'metal' band I listen to anymore!

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

yeah i hope there's not more screaming, too.
    they said they're gonna base a lot of stuff around 'somewhere i belong' style and such so we'll see what happens i guess. if there's a little more screaming i can deal with it, but i love the lighter songs by LP a lot more. although there are exceptions where chester's screaming is perfect of course. i'm sure i'll love it anyways... it's LP... they can't screw it up that bad haha. i'm just ready to hear something truly NEW. it's been W A Y too long since 'meteora' came out.... running towards 3 yrs. i need more doses of LP than that dammit!

mP

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

I just basically can't wait for new LP music because i really hate the music that's out there right now. Like seriously, if i have to hear 'MY HUMPS' one more time i'm going to explode. Dude, when this new LP album comes out i will be so happy that there is finally some GOOD music out there

Triad

Triad Well-Known Member

Yeah, true, or maybe they could like make more Fort Minor videos? :)

spikeshinizle

spikeshinizle Well-Known Member

So true. A round of applause for this post everyone! *claps*

Shadow

Actually.. while I find "My Humps" annoying.. I rather hear that.. than any god awful reptitions of LP's music again. I dunno.. I don't see Linkin Park being any different from regular pop artist. Maybe I can defend that they aren't with half of Fort Minor and Reanimation.. but with Meteora.. I tend to chuckle at the fact "I will be so happy that there is finally some GOOD music out there"

Not trying to be an ass.. but aren't those comments very similar to the ones everyone was praising about before Meteora was out?

I mean what guarantee's LP's new album is going to be "good" or even "great"?
    Even the fact that Mike is still co producing it or producing it.. will mean that maybe some of the structures we see in the album won't be recycle anymore? Maybe we will get new stuff.. but who says the new stuff will be good? It's probably reason #1 why I don't want the screaming. Yea it is an attribute of LP but man.. I feel we have more screaming than regular singing songs. I am not trying to mold "LP" into what I want.. but I really dislike the fact when people label LP as "metal" and it truly isn't. All they got is screaming! The rest is sound loops / sound fonts and synchronize patters. LP's skill truly shows in their lyrics and the way they sing their lyrics which I felt decreased at Meteora.. some might agree with this.. some might send me to hell. Yet I felt the mood was shifted back up =) with Fort Minor. SO I AM ATLEAST hoping.. this album follows thru.. then your statement just maybe can be true.

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

What the hell are you talking about?

Shadow

You haven't posted for as long as I have. You don't bother to read? Not that but you don't even know what the hell I am even talking about? You ok kid? Just read the thing again.. it's called an opinion. With maybe some side notes of crap that's gone over the years in the forums and the linkin park community in general.

Mark

You both joined in the same month in the same year and he has more posts than you. Do the research before you try and belittle someone. Add that to the fact that I remember who he is and haven't a clue who you are, and that makes you seem more insignificant than how you tried to pawn him off as.

I mean what guarantee's LP's new album is going to be "bad" or "mediocre"?

Maybe we will get new stuff.. but who says the new stuff won't be good?

What may work for you, may not work for others, and vice versa. There's going to be alot of screaming on the new album, so it doesn't matter how much you whine about it, it's not going to change anything. That, along with your horribly uneducated description of "metal" shows you have little knowledge of what you're talking about. "Sound loops"? "Sound fonts"? "Synchronize patters"? What the hell ARE you talking about? Have you ever heard a metal song to form your own description, or are you copying and pasting off of Terriblydistortedpreconceptions.com? Seriously!

Detri

Detri Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to pick a fight, I was merely trying to decipher the nonsensical statements you were making. Mark already said everything I needed to say about that, though.

With that cast to the wayside, I'd like to give my opinion on this whole deal:

Wait and see.

It's already been explained that the album will have a more "organic" sound. This already separates itself from Meteora and Hybrid Theory. Meteora was promised to be a darker album with a heavier overtone to it, and that promise was delivered (with mixed results, mind you - you can't argue with that.)

I'm expecting something totally different. I believe that the Machine Shop mixtape track will give us a look at what a new Linkin Park album will sound like with Mike at the helm.

And if it turns out to be bad, who cares? We've got new Tool coming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.