Same-sex weddings become law in UK

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Dean, Dec 5, 2005.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Haha, and I second that. Even though I'm Christian. However I'm rather liberal when it comes to religion and I'm not a hypocrite.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

Personally, I think being a yob is disgusting and wrong,yet I tolerate them.
    I dislike people in school, whom I could beat up if I felt the need, yet I tolerate them.

I tolerate things I beleive to be wrong, and I am sure you do.
    So why cannot God?

You seem to think that I am homophobic, but I must say I am quite the opposite, I like men. I don't see your problem to be quite honest. I don't agree with Gay marriage, wow. It isn't my fault if you won't try and understand tolerating if you dislike something. You don't tolerate it if you like or agree with it, because you are for it,so tolerating must be used somewhere. Thats it, you guessed it, about things that you DON'T like or agree with.

tremulant

tremulant Well-Known Member

this forum is really bad at having discussions :p

im not crazily against gay marraige.. but on the other hand.. if it were to be legal i wouldnt really care.. Like saunderitos (terribly) tried to explain, its not about agreeing or disagreeing.. its all about tolerance

i think marraige should be something only for a man and a woman, however.. im not going to hate someone coz they are gay.. thats dumb..

and dont bring the bible into it.. the bible was written from word of mouth by people years and years after the death of christ.. so its nice that people quote from it.. but you shouldnt live and act from EVERY word that comes off it.. all you have to know is the golden rule.. "love one another as i have loved you"

if you live life like that.. it doesnt matter if you're attracted to the same sex or not.. its WHO you are that's judged

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Looking at some of the comments on the BBC website I find it amazing that people don't still get burned for witchcraft.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I really enjoy how everyone just assumes that the Christian definition of marriage is oh so correct. It's not as if there WEREN'T marriages before the coming of Christ.

Or the writing of the Bible.

For example, Buddhism happened WAAAAAAAAAAAAY before Christianity came along.

So why exactly are we going by the Christian definition of marriage (man and woman)?

As a wise man once said, "Gay people should be allowed to marry. They should be allowed to go through all the problems we go through too."

If two people love each other that much, shouldn't they be allowed the same benefits that come from being married, no matter what their race, gender, etc.?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2005
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I could kiss you (no pun intended).

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

because Christianity dominates North America?

Minus

Yes, true, but marriage in the sense of tax benefits, etc. is not religious. Therefore we shouldn't rely on the religious meaning of the word. I know that separation of church and state will never be possible, but come on.

I mean, we as a society seem to be discriminating against everything from the Middle East ANYWAYS, so why not the Bible?

I don't mean that, I'm just pointing out a little discrepancy I noticed.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Because, once again, Christanity is the dominate religion in North America. If it wasn't, it'd be barred just like Islam and whatnot is.

It's really simple, actually. Seperation of Church & State has never really existed, it was just there to make us feel like religion doesn't control our laws. But it does.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Since when is Islam banned in North America?

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Well, because of overly patriotic, uneducated, inbred, idiot rednecks, you're better off being dead than being a Muslim in certain parts of the US

Will

So is it actually banned or did I miss something?

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

why are we talking about islam being banned in the united states if this is about the uk?

Minus

Barred, not banned.

EDIT: As in, that's what Casey said. And he's right... these days, it's better to not be open about your Islamic roots.

Will

Oh. I thought it said "banned." My bad.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Why can't they do this in the U.S.

*Thinks*

Oh ya we have people like Bush and Dick in the office. Why can't homosexual couples in America get the rights straight couples have? They deserve to get married, its not like them not getting married will make homosexuality disappear from the ideal conservative world these ignorant people want to make. What happened to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"? I'm thinking marriage falls under life and happiness so why can't they get the rights straight couple get?

Did anyone notice Dick Cheney always mentions his daughter is lesbian but he doesn't really do anything about same-sex marriages. He just randomly states "my daughter is lesbian" during debates like that makes the issue of same-sex marriages disappear.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Because the Bible says homosexuality is wrong, and Bush is a fanatical Christian. Same-sex marriage probably won't be legal in all 50 states for a good while.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

Sure, that why he orders the killing of thousands of people. Very Christian thing to do that is. He seems so sure that killing people is the way to go you would almost think that Jesus did it too. But he just didn't.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Go learn about the Crusades and then try to tell me killing thousands of people isn't a very christian thing to do.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

It disobeys one of the main Christian rules, I don't agree with the Crusades either.