More From Phoenix on the Machine Shop Mixtape

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Normally we would NOT post anything from the LPU as this is against our polices. However, seeing as the information stated by Phoenix, as well as quotes have made their way around the internet we felt the need to tell more about the brand new Linkin Park song premiering on the upcoming Machine Shop Mixtape.

In a recent letter to the fans, Phoenix described how the band took a different approach to writing this record than in the past.

"It had been two years since we had been in the studio recording Meteora, so we decided it was time to let everyone hear something new. So, we blocked out three days in the studio to write, and record the new track. For those of you who are somewhat familiar with our normal song writing process, this decision was a departure from what has become our standard writing process. Normally, a song will be worked on individually, or in pairs, over months of time. For this new track we wanted to challenge ourselves and finish a song in three days, with all six of us working through the parts together."

Phoenix went on to reveal that while they didn't finish the song in those three days, they were able to lay down a great framework for the song, with the vocals being worked on in a home studio.

Furthermore, at the end of his note to the fans, Phoenix went on to say the information already well known by Linkin Park fans.

"So, buckle your seatbelts and prepare yourselves for a Linkin Park song like you have never heard in the coming months. This new track will be availible exclusively on a future Machine Shop Mixtape, so stay tuned for more info."

The Linkin Park Association will keep you updated on this track as more information becomes availible!

heshboy

heshboy Well-Known Member

Cool they tried to make a song in 3 days. If they worked at this pace all the time, we should have a CD in about a month :)

But reality sets in and a song in 3 days wouldn't be polished :(

girl15

girl15 Active Member

i truly hope not!:sad:

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

hey this is cool

thank god phoenix is writing to the fans and getting more invovled

and i cant wait to hear this song! FINALLY! :D

2xPutt

2xPutt Well-Known Member

NOW I'm finally excited about LP again :D

musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

sweet, i'm getting psyched for the new song and the new album :D
    it's been waaaaay too long since Meteora! :)
    interesting that they tried to go in and do a song in 3 days, but i'm glad they're letting us know more what's going on since they were pretty secretive of Meteora and everything. maybe the song will come out a good while b/4 the new album to give us something to jam to once again. i remember Somewhere I Belong came out like a month(?) b/4 Meteora and it just killed me to have to wait that long, but this is even worse. but i'm excited for some new stuff. wonder what the new "organic sound" is going to be like that we've heard them speak of??? time shall tell :)

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

If they did it in three days, It's gonna probably suck.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

They didn't finish the track in three days & I don't think it's fair to base the quality of the track on how long it took to record.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah and they actually jammed together which is a Linkin Park first, so for all we know this could be really organic feeling.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Sometimes your best music comes when u just hammer out a track in a couple of days. Sometimes working on it too much trying to clean it up can just ruin it. Like making 50 different choruses for Somewhere I Belong.

fosto

fosto Member

either way...

I'm damn happy they're working on sometihng :D

can't wait to hear it, and yeah I agree, I think the song is gonna be more raw LP which is gonna be killer!!:D:D:D:D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Funeral for a Friend recorded their first EP in a week and it got them a record deal.

Length of time shouldn't have anything to do with how a song sounds.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Exactly, like I said sometimes putting too much time into a track can kill it. Now someone needs to tell Gilmour that.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I like this idea for a new song in such a small amount of time.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Polished is Don Gilmore style, this way they can have an organic sound that hasn't been touched by any producer outside the band. I can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

omg! i wonder if don gilmore is goin to produce the record! i hope not.....

i want mike to do it (no offence don) but maybe if mike does it they will get a different reaction...

and to the person who said if it took 3 days its gunna suck

memeber on collision course dvd jayz said'' i recorded 9 songs in a week for his blueprint album'' and yea! it went pretty far

Gambitia

Gambitia Member

The Beatles recorded their first EP in about 10 hours.

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

Well Numb came together in like 5 minutes or so (exaggeration) so this song might be awesome...and i hope better than Numb because now that song annoys me

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Yeah, its really possible to do a song in a short amount of time...on a creative high this summer during that jazz camp me and the rhythm section i was jamming with created three songs over maybe 4-6 hours of jamming.

I know jazz is different but LP is a professional band, they should be able to pull it off...and with no outside producer and with them not sticking to their normal routine I'm very interested to see how it turns out. Also, most LP songs has only three, maybe four parts to each song...so get the basic tracks down plus vocals/scratches/samples and it shouldn't take too long.

LP1988

LP1988 Active Member

it's going to be good...I hope it's something unique...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.