My Opinion about "Faint" video.

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by elie, May 24, 2003.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

The video is different compared to their others, but I don't think it's any worse. In fact, I liked it.

AeRo

AeRo Well-Known Member

Well the video is just awesome i mean who cars about all the CGI crap its a very nice proffesional video that suits LP owadays

The video has this cool rock band vibe around it witch suits them better then the In the end like video's

meteoragirl87

meteoragirl87 Banned

ok,elie, its just a music video. :mellow: a. music. vid-e-o. no need to make such a big deal out of it. i personally enjoyed it in 'my opinion' (look im using your words). but @ least it was still lp, which i enjoyed.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

ok,elie, its just a music video. :mellow: a. music. vid-e-o. no need to make such a big deal out of it. i personally enjoyed it in 'my opinion' (look im using your words). but @ least it was still lp, which i enjoyed. [/b][/quote]
    I know how to spell it thanks, I've made a couple myself :)

Anyways, I don't care that i'm making a big deal of it (because i'm not. look at the title of thread, it says "my opinion" not "my rant"). I'm just expressing and discussing LP's latest body of work, which is meant to be judged (as Brad said in the Meteora DVD).

meteoragirl87, sorry for expressing my opinion about the vid-e-o, but it ain't a 'cheerio' be 'mysterio'. Wow.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Elie, have you ever seen Linkin Park live? If so, I don't understand how you can't like this video because it brings back memories for me. If you haven't seen them live, you must! You might appreciate the video better. I think just because the video isn't fancy-shmancy doesn't mean it's any lesser than them. They're not moving a step back in my opinion because it's simple and effective as Will stated.

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

i havent seen the video yet :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :angry: :angry:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

What are you waiting for?! :eek:

ThePain

ThePain Active Member

i thought it would suck but man was i wrong its a very sweet video but i wish it was more like in the end, somewhere i belongbut the video is still cool i hope their 3rd video is more like the other videos on hybrid theory

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Word.

not what i thought...but i aint too fussy because its from LP!

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

I thought that the video was good. I was a little suspicious when it was announced that it would be a concert video, but it's different from the average concert video (which is usually just a bunch of live concert clips molded together) Sure it was different from the rest of LP's videos, but was it really lower than their standards? It was creative the way they used the lyrics and mirrored the meaning with the video! Of course not everyone will like the video, as shown in this forum, but hopefully the next video will please more of the LP audience ^_^

AeRo

AeRo Well-Known Member

I hope the next video's will be in this style it for once looks really proffesional and pure SiB was that aswell so i dont think Mr Hahn is worse then this dude but atleast they got a real cool and proffesional look now

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

I think the video is F***in brilliant. The energy is awesome, although at some points it almost looks animated. And when Phoenix :phoenix: throws the guitar around his shoulder is one of the better parts of the vid. Joe :joe: in the hole in the wall is funny. Another great part is when Chester :chaz: is in the middle of all the fans, it looks as though he is going to get swallowed up. :lol: . I agree with the concept of not seeing the band members faces until the bridge. If they were to show their faces the whole time many people around here I think would say that they should have incorporated that idea anyways, so it was almost a stand-off either way.

This was just my opinion, tell me what you think............

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Hahn is a professional at directing. He's done videos for his own band, as well as other people.

He does it for other people+He gets paid for it=Professional.

:chemist:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Hahn is a professional at directing. He's done videos for his own band, as well as other people.

He does it for other people+He gets paid for it=Professional.

:chemist: [/b][/quote]
    Bryan, you actually understood what this guy was trying to say?

Commas, periods, and spelling - oh my! ;)

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

As mike said (thanks to Erase The Pain-Http://www.erasethepain.cjb.net):

"the song is about feeling ignored...we decided on mark's idea because of how it visually interprets this theme. for most of the song, the band is ignored by an unusual antagonist--the camera. it shoots our backs and never focuses in on our faces until chester snaps in the bridge. we thought the concept was very strong because of the unconventional way in which mark attacked the subject. and he really came through with creating an energetic, dark atmosphere--without making a dark video that doesn't look like every other dark video."

Hopefully that gains a lot more respect for the video, now that u see that the camera is basically evil.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Well, I havent seen the video yet :( From what I have heard it sounds very different, but good. I like the whole idea of the camera ignoring them untilthe bridge.

So yeah, I guess I should watch it. Im just to lazy because its all blurry and thats annoying and it would take forever to download it.

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

Hey, Elie...
    I respect your opinion, but I think you're taking it to seriously...after all, it's just a video...If you'd be disapointed of the whole CD, I'd understand, but it's just a video...peace ;)

mirtheory

mirtheory Well-Known Member

Hm, I like this video, as 100 ppl said before me, it's kinda different song, there's an energy & blabla. It's pretty cool & I'd say beautiful video :)

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Don't they show it on your music channel? If not, you can go to Launch.com and view it. I think that all LP fans should at least see it to express their opinion and to see how different the video is with another director, a great one, to direct a music video with such a nice song.