Believe Me

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Feenix, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's an okay song. Petrified is a better all-round song, and the singing isn't great but at least it isn't Eminem/D12.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

word

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Because we wanted FM to be a complete depature from Linkin Park. He was like "taking it back to the basics on this one." The song isn't BAD but from all the crap Mike was saying this would not pop into my head. I was thinking stuff like Step Up and Dedicated. Those are more hip-hop than Believe Me. The chorus isn't bad but it sounds like a Linkin Park song that Mike took Chester out of and said "Let me sing it."

Maybe I was expecting too much. If Linkin Park is a Jay-Z, I wanted Fort Minor to be like the latest Mos Def CD. Hopefully rap lovers will get that.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Because we wanted FM to be a complete depature from Linkin Park. He was like "taking it back to the basics on this one." The song isn't BAD but from all the crap Mike was saying this would not pop into my head. I was thinking stuff like Step Up and Dedicated. Those are more hip-hop than Believe Me. The chorus isn't bad but it sounds like a Linkin Park song that Mike took Chester out of and said "Let me sing it."

Maybe I was expecting too much. If Linkin Park is a Jay-Z, I wanted Fort Minor to be like the latest Mos Def CD. Hopefully rap lovers will get that. [/b][/quote]
    Okay, I didn't take your first point into consideration with my other post, but Mike didn't guarantee that every FM song would be hip-hop.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Mos Def is overrated anyways. He's no Talib Kweli or Immortal Technique, that's for sure. He isn't the savior to hip-hop like many like to think.

And this is going to seem weird coming from me, but you're all too picky.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Agreed.

I don't really care about the lyrics. The thing I pay attention to is the beat. And from what I've heard, Mike is proving himself as a producer.

I like this song, by the way.

Justin V.

I didn't say he was a savior. Yes, I am too damn picky. Nothing wrong with that. I just expected some And One, It's Going Down, Dedicated, Rock and Roll type skill. I'm not hearing that. If you think ANY of those 3 songs has better lyrics than It's Going Down or Step Up. If you do you're crazy. I really do think the chorus with him singing just ruins the whole tone of the song. I think he can song. I just think he sings the chorus in the wrong fashion.

Back on the picky thing. So? LP and Mike have a way of hyping shit up so when I hear it I'm severely let down. I'm more excited about Chester's stuff. That's partly due to the fact I do hear him going around saying how "rock" it is or how hard he worked besides that little blurb of him describing the songs. I'll still get FM to check the rest of it but it's hard for me to be a rap fan and hear making saying it's a "straight hip-hop" record and he comes with Believe Me. Most everyday rap fans will be like "Man I ain't mesing with Mike Shinoda." The fans will be mostly the people who already like LP. I don't see why he's frontin' like he's a true-to-the-roots rapper. He can rap but he's more of a crossover dude. Not grimy, gutter hip-hop record maker Mike. But I understand that's not where's he's from. Jin Tha Emcee is from Miami and has a muuuuch better flow than Mike and still can connect with the streets.

Mike can make hot beats. But hip-hop isn't just hot beats. If you want that pick up The Massacre or some wack Dipset CDs.

Guess I got all that out :teehee:

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

lol! well u kno wut i think for all of u those who hate the song or think its popish! look at it this way..... mike said the album was goin 2 be very different than all the rap thats out there! so i mean wut did u expect him rapping about guns, drugs girls and cars?? i dont think soo so i think its his was of rapping and his own stuff, he brought his stuff 2 the table and this is wut he came up with so i think its very creative! and energetic

and lpfuse ripped it when it came on the player.... someone just posted it... i tryed but ur not allowed 2 do it here

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No. LPFUSE had it ages before it came on the player. And you are still not allowed to post mp3s regardless.

The only mp3s that will be posted on here are the ones we have been cleared to post in the first place.

Justin V.

You can not rap about guns, drugs, bitches and still be good. Like... Jin Tha Emcee. Mike just isn't as good as I thought he'd be. I don't dislike Believe Me because it's "poppy". It's just the way he sings kind of annoys me and doesn't seem to fit with the song. There is stuff out that that's prety different and still very good. Missy Elliott, Mos Def, Talib, Blackstar, Immortal Technique. Mike just I dunno... like his skill at writing nice lines has just faded a little.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i have to disagree with you on that one - i think the raps are tight on all three FM tracks.

mike wanted to do something new and fresh - and think he has achieved that so far - not one for minor track sounds simialr to me. and thats definatly a good thing.

i cant wait till the album hits stores, i'll be queing for my copy ^_^

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

One track out of 3 leaked tracks and we're already calling the album too poppy or a failure.

Wow.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

This song fucking rocks. You guys are crazy.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I really don't see anything wrong with "Believe Me"

People on this board bitch about all rap being on the same but when Mike tries to do something different it sucks or its so "poppy"

Poppy dosen't mean bad. 80% of Green Day is pop but a lot of people don't bitch about them.

Out of the three songs we've heard, they have all been different to eachother. This is shocking considering the fact it's coming from a member of Linkin Park. Along with good prodution and decent lyrics, I'm totally all for that.

I think people expect waaaay to much out of Linkin Park.

I seriously cannot wait for The Rising Tied.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I like the track, but I still think Petrified or Remember The Name would have made a better first single, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Good stuff.

xero theory

xero theory Banned

the beat is awsome (w00t) ...just the lyrics is alright..mikes lyrics is the best on the song buts thats just my opinion

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

if you guys want to listen to Its Going Down, And One, and Step Up........then listen to Its Going Down, And One, and Step Up...If Mike made all the songs on the album sound like that...then other people would bitch too...

Im not crazy about Beleive Me.....but keep in mind that singles are singles cause they gotta appeal to a large audiance.....I mean, there are 11 other tracks we have never heard....if the 3 tracks we have heard already have distinct differences between them in style...then just think of the variety on the Rising Tied.....Reanimation was great..and I didnt love Pushing Me Away and High Voltage when they were first released.......Im not going to hype the album before its released without even hearing it.....but people have to realize that singles usually arent the greatest songs on the album....

Justin V.

:edit: Nevermind. I'm going to stop arguing. I'll just say this.

Those 3 songs are "eh" to me. I remember hearing Somewhere I Belong and thinking the same thing. I didn't get Meteora and now people use it in a negative connotation. "We don't want another Meteora!" I know people who'd back me up on that. I'll still cop this though because I know they'll be some fire on it.

But all in all I like Petrified and RTN but Believe Me is just not something I'd tune in to hear on the radio (even though it's stuck in my head).

And yes, I do expect waaaay too much out of LP because I think in my heart of hearts they can give us waaaay more. I'm jaded because of bands like APC, RATM, NIN. The sonic alchemists of rock.

Hearing the song I wonder what the video will be like.

xero theory

xero theory Banned

thats absoultly true ;)

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin_JZ_Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

i kno ehh! these ppl i dunno! but its mikes work! every song that came out they've been sayin sumthin bad! its mikes work he tryed rlly hard 2 accomplish wut he has done! im sorry but u shuld support him for all the things he has done!

just my opinion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.