Chester's 'Double Voice'

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Neil, May 10, 2003.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Just thought I'd bring this up....

If you have watched the Meteora DvD, you will know that Don Gilmore says that sometimes Chester has a 'double voice'. This is very evident in "Easier to Run" when Chester says "replacing". It is very unique yet very wierd. Go check it out

-Neil

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Yeah, I've noticed this in many Meteora songs. That's kool.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

its cool

Shinji

Shinji Illuminate

yeah he has a double voice in numb to it's freaking awesome

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

ive noticed it in just about every sng chester sings in.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Well yeah, but it is very very obvious in Easier to Run, and I just wanted to help out the ppl who didnt understand what Don Gilmore said

[LinkinPark213]

[LinkinPark213] Well-Known Member

on BTH he uses 3 voices......

Oh yeah. On Don' Stay chester sings it all but live Mike helps out

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

what do you mean when you say 'double voice'? :mellow:

*Julie Shinoda*

*Julie Shinoda* Member

I think these voices of Chester are really cool. You know, he can sing a screaming song then change to a calm song easily. :p

LPxchicaxMKS

LPxchicaxMKS Well-Known Member

what he means by double voice is that when he is singin or screamin in the songs, he screams like there are 2 or 3 voices comin out of the same mouth while he is screamin...listen in NUMB or EASIER TO RUN and u will kno what i meannn...that is one of the reasons why chester's voice is unique :D

100% agreed, he is unique

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

100% agreed, he is unique [/b][/quote]
    Oh yeah...thats why hes my idol and hero! :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No, Mike sings with Chester on "Don't Stay" and he sings on many other songs as well.

Why does everyone think that just because Mike is the "rapper" that he can't sing? He's got a great voice. He sings the final chorus at the end of "Papercut" while Chaz is singing the "sun goes down" part, he sings the "just like before" part in "One Step Closer" as well as the chorus, and he does the softer singing near the end of "Crawling." He also does plenty of singing on Meteora as well.

Just because he's the "rapper" doesn't mean he can't sing. Even Chaz himself has said that Mike's got a killer voice.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

No, Mike sings with Chester on "Don't Stay" and he sings on many other songs as well.

Why does everyone think that just because Mike is the "rapper" that he can't sing? He's got a great voice. He sings the final chorus at the end of "Papercut" while Chaz is singing the "sun goes down" part, he sings the "just like before" part in "One Step Closer" as well as the chorus, and he does the softer singing near the end of "Crawling." He also does plenty of singing on Meteora as well.

Just because he's the "rapper" doesn't mean he can't sing. Even Chaz himself has said that Mike's got a killer voice. [/b][/quote]
    Might I add to that, good sir: Mike sings a whole lot during live performances. So if you think Mike can't sing, rip up your concert tickets and hitch a ride home, ladies and gents! :)

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

Just because he's the "rapper" doesn't mean he can't sing. Even Chaz himself has said that Mike's got a killer voice. [/b][/quote]
    Finally somebody pointed that out. I'm tired of people ignoring and doubting Mike's vocal talents.

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explenation, LPxchicaxMKS
    :chaz:

Shinoda

Shinoda Member

Yeah Mike does have a great voice, and you an hear him sinigng behind Chesters vocals in the last part of Faint when they say "Timeee won'ttt heeaaalllll, dont turn your back on me," really well, so thats cool.

But Will, it isn't Mike singing the last part of Papercut while Chester's singing the sun goes down part. it's quite evident it is not because if you listen to chesters chrous's in that song, and then listen to the last chorus that you say is Mike sinigng, the voices are exactly the same. They just dubbed Chester sinigng over himself singing the sun goes down. it shows that he is in the music video, and he does do it live, but the studio version on Hybrid Theory is not Mike.

The same goes for crawling, I just don't think that's him either. You can yell at me and say I'm wrong, but listne yourself.

It's be awesome if it was him, but I really don't think it is-Randa

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Will's probably talking about when they play the songs live...Mike DOES sing those parts Will referred to.

Shinoda

Shinoda Member

Yeah he may sing them live, but not on the album. That's all I'm saying. Mike does have a good voice, but he doesn't have the exact same singing voice as Chester does. So if those parts on the album really are Mike singing, he does a hell of ajob of imperosnating Chester, because it's the exact same voice. During the bridge in Faint when it slows down and Chester says quietly " I can't feel the way I did before, don't turn your back on (and then yells) I WONT BE INGORED" , Mike does the soft singign part live, but not on the album.

-Randa