Fifty's Ego Soars

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Andrea, Sep 11, 2005.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

50 Cent says that he is the main reason behind Kanye West's success.

"I feel like Kanye West is successful because of me," he said. "After 50 Cent, [hip-hop fans] was looking for something non-confrontational, and they went after first thing that came along. That was Kanye West, and his record took off."

"He puts together witty phrases and he's a great talent as a producer, but I still don't know who Kanye West is when I listen to him," 50 said recently in Miami. "By listening to the record, I don't know who he is — I know he's been in a car accident, that's what I know."

Meanwhile, 50 is currently on tour in Europe. He will return to the U.S. to promote his movie, "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" as well as the soundtrack for the film which will feature all G-Unit artists. As for his next solo album, 50 says it could be awhile.

"My next album, I don't know [when it'll come out]," he said. "You think [the people] need a break? I may have to give them a break. I want to see what they do if I sit down for a minute. When I say 'sit down,' I don't mean I won't be active — I'll leave the U.S. for a little while. I'll go outside the country and start developing my base outside the country a little more while they think I'm at home chillin' — then I'll come back and finish them off."

source: mtv.com

Cale.

Cale. Banned

And Eminem was behind 50 Cent's success but i've never heard Eminem boast about that.

Seems MTV didn't mention him yesterday so he had to say something to get more attention.

Ant

Ant Ambient

He may have an ego, but with his success, wouldn't you? And I can't say he's not right about basically everything he said, for the most part.

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

:lol: Wow.

Yes 50 Cent, you're the ruler of all things hip-hop. Yeah. Okay. Right.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Yeah, just like when Get Rich or Die Tryin' came out, we all knew so much about you. Right? WRONG. Most people knew he got shot 9 times. That's pretty much all they knew about him. 50 Cent needs to learn when to shut the fuck up.

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

Typical gangsta shit... I hate those rappers with their bloated egos... 50 would still be a poor ghetto boy if it wasn't for Eminem so he hasn't a right to act like he's the king... God, I hate this... I'm sorry but I think this is just poor...

OSSoldier

OSSoldier Member

You, sir, are ignorant.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

You, sir, are ignorant. [/b][/quote]
    He's not ignorant hes telling the truth. 50 cent is the biggest peice of crap on the market right now.

I didn't think his ego could possibly get any bigger but I have been proven wrong. I can't believe that this guy thinks he is a second god. Honestly what the hell do we know about 50 cent other than that he has been shot 9 times and sold drugs on the treet? Fuck all!! I have at lest heard Kanye going on Much music and MTV and tlaking aobut his family and when he was growing up and shit. I tihnk people know more than just that he ahs been in a car accident. But i think 50 added it up like this, Kanye raps about sensible things and made one song about his accident. Where as 50 raps about what most rappers rap about and pretty much threw his accident in every song on his album. So maybe he tihnks that Kanye should ahve put in surviving the accident in his whole album or something.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

He's not ignorant hes telling the truth. 50 cent is the biggest peice of crap on the market right now.

I didn't think his ego could possibly get any bigger but I have been proven wrong. I can't believe that this guy thinks he is a second god. Honestly what the hell do we know about 50 cent other than that he has been shot 9 times and sold drugs on the treet? Fuck all!! I have at lest heard Kanye going on Much music and MTV and tlaking aobut his family and when he was growing up and shit. I tihnk people know more than just that he ahs been in a car accident. But i think 50 added it up like this, Kanye raps about sensible things and made one song about his accident. Where as 50 raps about what most rappers rap about and pretty much threw his accident in every song on his album. So maybe he tihnks that Kanye should ahve put in surviving the accident in his whole album or something. [/b][/quote]
    I don't think his ego is getting bigger. This is actually a good business move.

All of you are wrong at one point or another.

50 wouldn't be some poor ghetto boy if it weren't for Eminem. What most people don't know is he had a record deal before hand, and was ready to release a whole other album before he was shot.

He's also really smart. By getting into all of these stupid rivalries and saying dumb things, he keeps himself in the spotlight and, ergo, makes more money.

He HAS to have good business sense. How else could he raise so many of his 'students' if you will to fame and fortune? G-Unit is probably one of the most successful mainstream groups of rappers today, and for good reason. 50 is a smart person. He gives his better rhymes to his Unit people because he knows that he can get by selling units without the hot flows.

I'd think twice before calling the guy ignorant. He's a business genius.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I don't think his ego is getting bigger. This is actually a good business move.

All of you are wrong at one point or another.

50 wouldn't be some poor ghetto boy if it weren't for Eminem. What most people don't know is he had a record deal before hand, and was ready to release a whole other album before he was shot.

He's also really smart. By getting into all of these stupid rivalries and saying dumb things, he keeps himself in the spotlight and, ergo, makes more money.

He HAS to have good business sense. How else could he raise so many of his 'students' if you will to fame and fortune? G-Unit is probably one of the most successful mainstream groups of rappers today, and for good reason. 50 is a smart person. He gives his better rhymes to his Unit people because he knows that he can get by selling units without the hot flows.

I'd think twice before calling the guy ignorant. He's a business genius. [/b][/quote]
    Everything what Minus said is correct.

Except for saying that he starts 'beef' with other rappers for attention. That may be true for Jadakiss or Fat Joe, but he actually had a reason to hate Ja Rule and Irv Gotti. I mean, Irv Gotti had plans to murder 50 Cent and was behind the whole plan when he got shot.

forfeit3

forfeit3 Well-Known Member

ok let me ask you this retards. if 50 cent is just a poor little boy who just gloats. then explain his damn success! trust me that many people CAN"T be wrong. just because you dont like him doesnt mean he cant gloat cause with all his success he CAN! so suck it!

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Wow that might have been a three-warning post :lol: .

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Wow that might have been a three-warning post :lol: . [/b][/quote]
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think Jay-Z is responsible for a lot of Kanye's success.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

1. One warning for saying the word retards. You must be ignorant to not have read the rules by now stating that kind of talk was unwelcome.

2. Calling people retards also counts as a flame, which is more than enough to give you a second warning based on that count.

Still following me?

3. Telling people to suck it, is being disrespectful. Furthermore it also counts as a flame or direct attack towards the people of these boards. Sure they are attacking fifty cent, but they are going after his ego..not his, (argueably) good music. Warning number 3.

*Umpire voice* You're outta here!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

1. One warning for saying the word retards. You must be ignorant to not have read the rules by now stating that kind of talk was unwelcome.

2. Calling people retards also counts as a flame, which is more than enough to give you a second warning based on that count.

Still following me?

3. Telling people to suck it, is being disrespectful. Furthermore it also counts as a flame or direct attack towards the people of these boards. Sure they are attacking fifty cent, but they are going after his ego..not his, (argueably) good music. Warning number 3.

*Umpire voice* You're outta here! [/b][/quote]

I love you Derek. :lol:

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Alright minus I have to agree with you that he he is doing all this in a business sense. But enough is gonna be enough before someone gets pissed off enough with his big mouth and shoots and kills the guy. It was just like the Tupac and Biggie feud, someone finally got sick of it and Tupac finally got killed and then Biggie got killed in retaliation. It's only a matter of time just watch.

But either way you can't argue the fact that Kanye is 100 times the rapper that 50 cent will ever be. Plus the guy can actually produce music too.