MusicForRelief.org Now Supporting Katrina

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In what is one of the costliest natural disasters to ever hit the history books, Hurricane Katrina hit the southeast coast of the United States, causing massive widespread damage. Areas like Gulfport, MS are heavily damaged while the once flourishing town of New Orleans is in danger of sinking with well over 80% of the town underwater.

In this time the American Red Cross as well as Linkin Park's Music For Relief are calling for your help towards what may be billions of dollars in damage and repairs to the heavily affected cities.

If you desire to help in this matter please head over to Music For Relief and donate to the American Red Cross. Every donation helps, and with your assistance many lives can be saved as well as returned to normal following this terrible disaster.

Our hearts go out to the victims who are suffering through this terrible tragedy, and we can only wish for the safety of everyone living in the affected areas.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

word.

i'll try to donate some money to the victims when i set up a pay pal account

Geki

Geki >.

It's good that they are supporting Hurricane Katrina, I feel so bad for the residents of Louisiana, and most of all, New Orleans. I wonder if Linkin Park will play a concert to try nd raise money for the repairs, I want to see LP Live again, and it would be for cause, the most important.

Ronin

Ronin Well-Known Member

thats totally awesome. i think its a good idea to tour for charity and to help the victims.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Great to see that they're trying to help with this too. :)

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

"I want Linkin Park to play a charity show so I can see them live again."

Sorry, but Geki, that comes off as pretty selfish to me.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

"I want Linkin Park to play a charity show so I can see them live again."

Sorry, but Geki, that comes off as pretty selfish to me. [/b][/quote]
    Huh? Am I missing something, because what I can tell Geki never said that. Geki's post was quite considerate from what I can tell, he / she made reference to the cause being the most important reason to have a show, and seeing them live would be an added bonus.

I'm not surprised by this news, LP are always one of the first bands to acknowledge situations like this one and to take action on trying to help out.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

well, i originally thought Music For Relief was made solely for the tsunami relief effort, but fortunately, i was wrong; good thing LP has their own charity among all the ones they support; i hope they make a difference for those in need.

lnkn_drgn_prk

lnkn_drgn_prk Well-Known Member

Huh? Am I missing something, because what I can tell Geki never said that. [/b][/quote]
    The quote got edited a little. The actual quote was
    Personally, it comes off as both to me, but then again, what fan wouldn't say just that....I mean, LP hasn't toured in a long time......all that aside...

It's just awful the destruction that has occurred down in LA [that's the state, not Los Angeles]. I'm hoping to get some support projekt started in the name of Projekt Charity/MFR [although I have no clue what yet].

To the Gulf Coast residents: On behalf of the members of Projekt Charity, you all are in our thoughts and prayers. And our condolances for those that have suffered lost of life through this disaster [and those that have loved ones still MIA]

:hugz: Dan

PS: Click the links below and the PC link in my sig to see how you can help

Music For Relief
    American Red Cross

lnkn_drgn_prk

lnkn_drgn_prk Well-Known Member

Well it was, to start. That's what triggered LP to start MFR. But as we all have found out, a lot more has happened that needs the assistance of Music For Relief.

PS: sorry for the dbl post.

User Name

The quote got edited a little. The actual quote was
    Personally, it comes off as both to me, but then again, what fan wouldn't say just that....I mean, LP hasn't toured in a long time......all that aside... [/b][/quote]
    The quote was never edited. It's a little term that I'd like to call 'paraphrasing', and I was paraphrasing Geki's post into a single idea, which, in my opinion, was selfish.

But, to entertain your minds a bit, if someone came up to me and asked me to play a show so they could see me live, I would flat out reject them.

If I wanted to be a jackass though, I'd probably play the show, but make it was so that it was nowhere near them.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

The quote was never edited. It's a little term that I'd like to call 'paraphrasing', and I was paraphrasing Geki's post into a single idea, which, in my opinion, was selfish.

But, to entertain your minds a bit, if someone came up to me and asked me to play a show so they could see me live, I would flat out reject them.

If I wanted to be a jackass though, I'd probably play the show, but make it was so that it was nowhere near them. [/b][/quote]
    Well if they were to play a charity show i mean there has to be people wanting to see them so that they raise money. So how in the hell is it selfish? I mean you can't expect to do a charity show and have peopel purchase tickets but then not show up.

User Name

Nonono. You're getting my words mixed up, Ryan (remind you of another time?). Go back and reread my intial post in this thread.

Ether

Ether Well-Known Member

That awesome...sorry had to state the obvious...I'll be sure to make a donation!

falfuder

falfuder New Member

sorry, but i would never spend one single cent for that thing. its the richest nation on earth, they have money and gold as you cant imagine...

maybe they should spend the money for their people and not into killing people in other countries....

africa is still hungry, but its not in the media, so no one cares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.