Down With Pat Robertson!

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Derek, Aug 30, 2005.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

WARNING THIS THREAD COULD GREATELY OFFEND SOME VIEWERS. It is not my words that could so much be offensive, but Pat's own quotes. Please express caution upon reading this post, if you are easily offended do not proceed further.

==
    After his outrageous comments about the assasination of the venezulean president, I felt it was time to google for anti-Pat Robertson material. Apparentely I aint the only one who thinks he's a self-rightous prick.

<div align=center>[​IMG]
    Robertson's "Drop A Log For Jesus" Face</div>

Robertson has been a strong symbol of what's wrong with the Christian Coalition (although surprisingly he resigned after his pro 9/11 remarks in 2001) for years, and why TV evangelists are a bigger threat to our society then the terrorists and homosexuals that they preach against. A few examples of Pat's bullshit are as follows:

The 700 Club, 1992; "When lawlessness is abroad in the land, the same thing will happen here that happened in Nazi Germany. Many of those people involved in Adolf Hitler were Satanists, many of them were homosexuals -- the two things seem to go together."

"When I said during my presidential bid that I would only bring Christians and Jews into the government, I hit a firestorm. `What do you mean?' the media challenged me. `You're not going to bring atheists into the government? How dare you maintain that those who believe in the Judeo-Christian values are better qualified to govern America than Hindus and Muslims?' My simple answer is, `Yes, they are.'"
    -from Pat Robertson's "The New World Order," page 218.

(talking about Planned Parenthood) "It is teaching kids to fornicate, teaching people to have adultery, every kind of bestiality, homosexuality, lesbianism-everything that the Bible condemns." --Pat Robertson, "The 700 Club," 4/9/91

"I know this is painful for the ladies to hear, but if you get married, you have accepted the headship of a man, your husband. Christ is the head of the household and the husband is the head of the wife, and that's the way it is, period."--Pat Robertson, "The 700 Club," 1/8/92

And becoming even more foolish:
    "I think we ought to close Halloween down. Do you want your children to dress up as witches? The Druids used to dress up like this when they were doing human sacrifice... [Your children] are acting out Satanic rituals and participating in it, and don't even realize it." --Pat Robertson, "The 700 Club," 10/29/82

Robertson's Support of 9/11
    And if he didn't already to enough to corrupt the minds of people and others, just recentely he made his boldest statement of all:

Evangelist Pat Robertson calls for assassination of Venezuelan president

This man is disgusting, a plague and deserves to be punished for his remarks. I cannot take his hateful views and his ability to associate any of his arrogant remarks with Jesus Christ.

For more information on this idiot you can go to the following links:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/7027/quotes.html

http://www.ihatepatrobertson.com

http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/pat_quotes/

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

He's harmless. His widest audience is 70 year old Christians who still watch TV preachers.

Or comedians like Bill Hicks. Either way.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

So you're saying grandma cant strap on an AK-47 and become a terrorist? :lol:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Meh, he can say what he wants. People with a brain will know he's an idiot.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

So you're saying grandma cant strap on an AK-47 and become a terrorist? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Not if their like my grandma and their bones were obliterated to dust and can barely pronounce "dog".

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

ive never heard of him..who is he?

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

what an asshole.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

He's an asshole.

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

Would Jesus ever say "assassinate him"? I think not.

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow, this is the first time I've heard of Pat Robertson ... but he already sounds like a total ass. :mellow:

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

He is what is wrong in this new re-born Christian movement that is trying to get our government to sponsor their brand of religion. They need to be and will be stopped; it's idiots like this that start world wars and contradict the very things they believe in, what a vile excuse for a human being he and anyone who shares the same beliefs is!

If shit like this makes you angry, get involved, next year the Democrats have a real oppurtunity to take back our Congress and put a stop to all of the right-wing neo-con bullshit that we are powerless to stop now. Change begins with the average citizen, ask yourself, would you want a man like this becoming president or holding any power someday soon? If you sit back and do nothing, you may see that day because this movement isn't going away, it's why Bush is in office right now.

Just something to think about...

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I couldn't agree more. And that's why I'm active in several campaigns, mostly at the local level though.

Any man who thinks that a woman has to be submissive to her husband is out of the loop by at least a century.

Linja

Linja Good. Be magnanimous. Über Member

I'd never heard of him before now, but bloody hell, he sounds more like a terrorist than anyone he describes. Bah.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Makes me sick.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

He doesn't need to be stopped. He can do what he wants, but people need to have the proper information to stop BELIEVING him. If that happens, I doubt anyone will give him the time of day. By saying he MUST and WILL be stopped, you perpetuate the problem of control that he supports, only, you substitute your own values into the ruling equation.

And do you honestly think the Democrats will change anything? Does it matter if a party takes 49% or 48% of my income? Does it matter if one restricts my social rights, while another, my economic rights?

You are not powerless to stop ANYTHING. People forget to realize that you can't change the world by point of gun. You can only change it by changing YOURSELF. If everyone changes themselves, or even a small number of people, or one person, the world is already changed, and continues to change. If the democrats are elected your rights will be just as violated as they were when the republicans were in office.

Bush holds NO power over you, the state holds NO power over you unless you ALLOW them to. It's when you perpetuate their system of control by voting that you say "Yes, congressman, it's ok to violate my rights and have my life and property dictated and controlled by a majority!!"

Needless to say, I will never vote. But don't assume for a second that my inaction is not productive in itself.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

The problem with our society now in terms of how they're involved in determing our nation's leaders is indeed apathy. If everyone were as self aware as you then I agree, we wouldn't have most of these problems and wouldn't have to choose between the lesser of two evils...HOWEVER, our world doesn't work that way, we are faced with two choices for our elected representatives and unless that changes, it will remain the same throughout your lifetime.

And my values are shared by most people with half a brain that do their research and aren't clouded by religious reasoning; in fact my values are indeed shared by the majority of Americans. They don't want to see Roe V. Wade go away or have religion dominate our lives, there is still a sense of sanity and that's what we are fighting to preserve. I don't see how having Democrats in office effect our rights in a negative way...please provide some examples. They have a proven track record all the way back even before FDR of working to make the average citizen's life better. I never stated they were perfect, but compared to the alternative, I'd rather be dead than red (to give new meaning to an old phrase).

And one last thing, man has proven time and time again that he cannot have control of his own will to govern, that's anarchy and we can't have that in society. I can understand where you come from on religion, but government...no. Any form is better than no form, and when a power vacuum exists, people are inclined to bring evil upon society, it's a primal concept really.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

Pat Robertson reminds me of Bush...
    Was that person the person who said teletubies should be banned and are gay? If not the who is he because they're both idiots.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Apathy is a horrible thing, yes, but what if it's the state and its supporters that make it that way? People don't realize how many rights of theirs are violated, basically becauase one's view of the world is naturally shaped by that very world they grew up in. They've been hounded by statists since day one that this intervention, violation of rights, coercion, ect. is necessary for them to succeed in safety, despite the blatant fact that the government is both an agressor and inept at protecting. What I'm saying is that they help make it commonplace. Voting won't change the stranglehold statists have on the average persons childhood, and thus, a large number of their views. In fact, voting only keeps the trend going.

I'm not saying that I disagree with your values. In fact, this voting issue is the first instance I can recall where I've disagreed with you. But to pass legistlation and COERCE people into our values is just as wrongs as the opposed forces doing it to us. The Democrats, however liberal and just COMPARED to the neocons, are still statists, and by that definition, sponser and participate in the voting away of the minorities rights, and the inherant erosion of individual rights under an institution. They're still going to steal your tax money, tell your children what's right, regulate your business, and make those and other things commonplace, and attempt to make them unquestioned. I agree that stealing less and such is a step in the right direction, but it's still not what I strive for.

I don't agree with the idea that a lust for power is a primal notion. I believe it's somewhat evident that man is far more successful and prosperous when they work with each other, by the same reason and logic that enabled them to triumph, not necessarily their fists or their teeth or their claws. When one seeks power, exploitation, coercion, they are practicing the logic of the STATE, ironically enough, and despite popular opinion, it is NOT in anyones best interest to pursue such means, for the reason above, that man is more productive when working together by reason (this is not to say absence of competition, but absence of logically flawed coercion and violence).