disable firewall from task manager?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by forfeit3, Aug 21, 2005.

forfeit3

forfeit3 Well-Known Member

hi i have norton/symantec protection on my comp and when i right click on the norton item on the taskbar to disable it, the option isnt there. damn parents. so i was wondering if theres a way to disable it through the task manager. and i would be very happy if u would give me the exact name of the program to end, because i dont wanna go around ending random stuff. well thanks for the help.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

just type each of the programs in google. Just look for the programs that have your name next to it, don't try to disable any of the system programs.

CCAPP is the auto protect and email protection of norton...I don't think you should disable this though, there should be another one to disable.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

If you try it from task manager you'll just get a "Access is denied message". This is because virus' used to simply have code in them that would end the anti-virus software running. So you can't do it from here.

It's quite simple though. Go to Start > Run and type in "msconfig". You'll be presented with the system configuration utility. Go to the "Startup" tab and scroll down and look for "ccApp". Disable this then restart your computer. It'll never run again. Unless of course you open it.

forfeit3

how do i reopen it? and will this like permenantly fuck my comp up somehow if i do it wrong?

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

You would just have to go back and put a checkmark in the box again. Alternatively, you could just open up Norton.

forfeit3

thanks esaul, but i cant because of parental stuff.