Why do u they think it?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by The Outsider, Aug 15, 2005.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

Since people decided to recognize free will.

But the United States has been low on free will, so I see why a lot of people don't like suicide. [/b][/quote]
    wow this is like saying "its a free will to go out and kill someone" :rolleyes:

Tom

Tom LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

:lol: yeah one of my friends is catholic and just about everything i do he says
    '' Tom why do you sin so much'' dav
    '' wtf but i didn't'' - Me
    ''there you go again *shakes head*'' Dav
    ''*sigh*'' Me

anyhow , i don't belive it is.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

wow this is like saying "its a free will to go out and kill someone" :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Not really.

I'm the only one that owns myself. I own myself wholly, no questions asked. Why should anyone try to restrict me from ending myself, if I see it fit? It's not like I'm killing something that doesn't belong to me (anyone else).

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

wow this is like saying "its a free will to go out and kill someone" :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    We're talking about ending yourself, not other lives.

The Outsider

The Outsider Billy Corgan = God

well im saying suicide shouldnt be recognised as a mortal sin, because then u would be saying depression would be a sin.

I Don't Need No Accuser

I Don't Need No Accuser Well-Known Member

well im saying suicide shouldnt be recognised as a mortal sin, because then u would be saying depression would be a sin. [/b][/quote]
    How would that make depression a sin? Being depressed isn't an excuse to kill yourself. Everyone gets depressed at some point in their lives.

And Minus:

Omar said it's ''like'' killing other people. And I agree with him. If you think that suicide not being accepted is because the U.S. is ''low'' on free will, that's ridiculous. Who would ever let some one they know kill themselves?

The Outsider

How would that make depression a sin? Being depressed isn't an excuse to kill yourself. Everyone gets depressed at some point in their lives.

And Minus:

Omar said it's ''like'' killing other people. And I agree with him. If you think that suicide not being accepted is because the U.S. is ''low'' on free will, that's ridiculous. Who would ever let some one they know kill themselves? [/b][/quote]
    well depression is a cause of suicide.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

well im saying suicide shouldnt be recognised as a mortal sin, because then u would be saying depression would be a sin. [/b][/quote]
    Religion doesn't have lawyers who just sit in a room and make up laws.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

well depression is a cause of suicide. [/b][/quote]
    I Don't Need No Accuser: That's completely true, but in the end, it's their body, it's their decision. It may be an utter shame, and a horrible thing in your mind, which it is, but we can display that opinion by simply not killing ourselves. I know it's rough, I've talked people down from suicide before, but the one thing I always tell them is that they're in the drivers seat. Ultimately, it's their choice.

Outsider: But depression itself is NOT suicide. They're two different things. And, I think the point he's trying to make, people don't choose to suffer from depression.

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

Is priest God to know what a mortal sin is? in science you have to back up your claims. how does a priest back up that he knows the will of God?

So who says suicide is mortal sin? God? Catholic Church is the Church of Christ right.... Christ is said to have said that God is Love. how can all loving, omniscient being demand guilt? makes no sence.

by making people guilty, you get them on their knees and therefore you get away with becoming the biggest property owner on the earth and have immesuarable amounts of health while those whom you subject to beating themselves alive for sins live in poverty. that to me is more sinful then terminating one's life.

terminating one's life is between one's own conscience, not between church or anybody proclaiming it sinful.

The Outsider

I Don't Need No Accuser: That's completely true, but in the end, it's their body, it's their decision. It may be an utter shame, and a horrible thing in your mind, which it is, but we can display that opinion by simply not killing ourselves. I know it's rough, I've talked people down from suicide before, but the one thing I always tell them is that they're in the drivers seat. Ultimately, it's their choice.

Outsider: But depression itself is NOT suicide. They're two different things. And, I think the point he's trying to make, people don't choose to suffer from depression. [/b][/quote]
    okay, but in most cases depression in extreme cases suicide is an outcome.
    if u were a catholic and the church declared a loved one of urs as death of suicide and didnt give that friend a proper funeral wouldnt u be angry (if r religious..or if ur not..just imagine it)

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Is it? Do you have any sort of reference or percentage?

The Outsider

its a well known fact.
    i've experienced suicide of friends myself cos of depression and that really hurts, seeing not them being buried the way they wanted cos they committed suicide.
    imagine it...everyone...

I Don't Need No Accuser

its a well known fact.
    i've experienced suicide of friends myself cos of depression and that really hurts, seeing not them being buried the way they wanted cos they committed suicide.
    imagine it...everyone... [/b][/quote]
    If they committed suicide and that's not the way they wanted to be buried...then why did they do it?

iamrighthereandnow

possibly because if you are so desperate as to kill yourself, the last thought you're gonna give is to how to be burried. its hard to be practical- go to the church, get oneself of their believers list whatever, go to the solicitors and make will, whatever way you wanna be dealt with after death and its in a will, YOUR WILL HAS TO BE DONE. but as i said if you are about to kill yourself, you may not operate in practical terms.

I Don't Need No Accuser

Okay, I really don't think anyone has a preferred way to be buried. :lol:

But to me...killing yourself is just not worth it. We live in a world where almost anyone can make something of themselves.

Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people ages 15 to 24. In 2001, 3,971 suicides were reported in this group (Anderson and Smith 2003).

Most of those kids are feeling things they haven't felt before. And they don't know how to deal with them. So they think in the moment, and think suicide is the only option. That's my only problem. That they don't realize that ''high school is not who you are for the rest of your life.''

iamrighthereandnow

Okay, I really don't think anyone has a preferred way to be buried.

you'd be suprised, as people get older they do start considering the options, does one want to donate organs, does one want to be burried, or cremated or thrown into sea?

We live in a world where almost anyone can make something of themselves.

are you talking about the famous american dream? as it says its a dream, its a dream of winners and loosers and it sucks. that's why its called american dream and not american reality. go say that to the people in the ghetto, say that to chicano and asians, say that to the people on who are discriminated agaisnt.. if you're privilidged and have no clue of poverty and the system that feeds of the poor and the way it operates to keep the rich richer and the poor poorer, then which planet are we talking about? I]We live in a world where almost anyone can make something of themselves.[/I] this is not Earth. this is elitist and middle class, privilidged lie to the poor masses to keep them opiated with delusions so they don't rise up.

its got to do more then high school problems. it's a loss of identity in a world that dictates your role within it or simply not belonging or alienation or living a lie. not all people can sedate themselves with the world of consumerism, television, sex and vast amount of drugs and alcohol pumped to numb our pain of living in society based on deceit, profit of stolen labor of the working class by the elites and mass slaughter of the people your government proclaims 'the enemy' because the war machine makes the rich people richer. military spending is what got america thru the great depression and now usa faces economic crises, same tricks are pulled yet again and the vast exploitation of third world countries, where your Nike mistreats the workers confining them to sick working conditions and your Coca Cola murdering trade union leaders in Colombia. people know more about lives of fictional characters in televisions then dare to care what's going thru the emotions of the kid next door. we are displaced, homeless, exploited, alienated from each other, made to live pointless life so the rich can be the vampiric vultures they are and told we are worthless and thought how to hate ourselves and each other. some people can't take it, some people choose drastic measures. and untill the world changes, that will be the reality.

if you don't want them to do it, then don't just sit there, get on the streets, get informed what goes on in the world you live in, not on television and the official media that broadcast lies after lies after lies. go look out for the truth, go and join the fight for freedom so the world we live in is the world people have their place, their honor and when human beings can co- operate with each other rather then compete.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

its a well known fact.
    imagine it...everyone... [/b][/quote]
    I know that depression can lead to suicide, but I was asking how many depressed persons commited suicide? Do you have any proof or any data?

The Outsider

i dont have the statistics on me right now but its a well known fact.