OSC In LIT

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ROFLcopter, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

Mike makes a few mistakes in this song. heres the list:

- on everychorus mike sings "Coz/Takes Me one step closer to the edge" hig pitch to low pitch, when on the recording it goes low pitch to hight pitch

- they also do the reanimation verse, on the recording, the guy who sings with chester sings "blood its pouring" or something like that between the "shutups". mike doesnt do this. but on the faint single(cd 2 i think, not the first single of faint) osc is on it and mike sings "blood it pouring".

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

oh.

missing things like that are majorly important - but yeh he does do what you say....

LP-UK

LP-UK Well-Known Member

Hes means to do it hes mixing the song up so its sounds diffrent

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Things can't always sound just like they do in the studio.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Exactly. You can't expect Linkin Park to sound like they do in the studio when performing live. They put a lot more effort when recording so that it sounds good.

And plus, Mike does tend to mix around the lyrics when performing. So what? You're going to point fingers at him for him trying to make it sound a bit better? You must be over-critical.

A true Linkin Park fan would know that it is Jonathan Davis of Korn who sings at the bridge and between Chester's screaming, not "this guy"*. Mike doesn't do that, and chooses not to when performing live. I believe that they did have Davis sing during the Projekt Revolution Tour and he did sing between Chester's screaming. Plus, Mike doesn't sing like, or as well, as Jonathan Davis. Mike's an emcee. He raps and only sings when necessary. ;)

What Skywalker said pretty much settles the situation though.

*Don't take it offensively. I'm just a bit frustrated at the moment.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Mike is just trying to mix things up so they sound more interesting. I mean he has been playing stuff like "One Step Closer" since 2000, so you can't blame him for adding some improv lyrics to mix things up.

SauladaKenji

SauladaKenji Member

and plus, if u kept hearing the same thing over and over again from them, i think many of their fans would either get bored with their performances or just ditch LP. mike just wants to keep everyone on their toes and have them not expect something different

LigerZeroShneider

LigerZeroShneider Well-Known Member

Didn't Chester say he was sick and tired of OSC? Mike probably is tired of it too, it was their first single, so it's very old. Mixing it up is away to bring new life to it, otherwise it's pretty dead. It's always entertaining to watch things live to see what they do different. That's why people go to shows, because it's different.

ROFLcopter

yes chester did say that. but he said (in a different interview) that they'll stop playing it when the crowds stop moshing to it. so, i dont think that day will ever come.

TheChase

TheChase Well-Known Member

those kind of mistakes arent really worth to mention. fuck that. i guess its even better to make some mistakes so it sounds way more fresh and different. not only for the crowd. "one step closer" was their first single and after playing this song for over 3 years, im sure they got sick of that. thats why they put the reanimation verse at the end of this. personally i prefer it too.

chester said once "actually i dont like one step closer at all, but the crowd loves it, so we use to play it at each show". at first it sounded very stupid to me. i thought like "man thats YOUR song, you should love it". but the theory below answered all these questions. i wouldnt mind if theyd stop playing osc. good song but moshing to a place for my head or with you is way more exciting.

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Yea there not that big of a deal about it. BU ti do like it better when he says "bloud is pouring" through the shut ups. But it doesnt really matter that much to me.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i loved the performance where mike sings with chester in the bridge, but i don't really mind if he doesn't. it's just how they choose to do it, so i have no problem with what they want to do. it's LP - you can trust them to come up with something experimental and interesting. even for a live song.

goldengoaliex910

goldengoaliex910 Well-Known Member

Oh, that's bullshit. Cut the "I'm a true fan you're not" trash. A true LP fan enjoys the music. Period end of story. You need nothing more to be a "true fan" of any music.

ROFLcopter

Oh, that's bullshit. Cut the "I'm a true fan you're not" trash. A true LP fan enjoys the music. Period end of story. You need nothing more to be a "true fan" of any music. [/b][/quote]
    w. t. f.?

dudeman_OG

dudeman_OG Well-Known Member

I like the live version of the verse that "this guy" sang in the first place. I think that it sounds better with just LP and not "this guy"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.