Is This The Best Linkin Park Album?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Derek, Mar 22, 2005.

Geki

Geki >.

I think Reanimation was the worst album by Linkin Park so far. I liked Papercut, One Step Closer, and Crawling but that was it. I would have liked High Voltage too, but they edited it, which were the best parts. I liked the part when it says Same-thing Kareoke Copy Bullshit. It's better then the original Same-thing Kareoke Copy Madness. I think this album ruined some songs like Forgotten, Runaway, and A Place for my Head. I did love Pts of Authty though, possibly one of LP's best songs made better.

pyropaul

pyropaul Well-Known Member

i think that it is the best LP album, although i too do listen to meteora and ht more often. the remixes of pushing me away, crawling, one step closer, forgotten are all excellent. Reanimation would be the best album in terms of production quality, but the best album in my estimation is Live in Texas (i know its not a studio production), but it does capture the energy and emotion of LP's music the best. A Place for my Head (my personal favorite song) is great on the DVD and P5hng Me A*wy is amazing too.

coma

coma Banned

I like the album...but...Hybrid Theory reamains my fav Linkin Park album :)

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

I didn't really like this album at first, then it began to grow on me. But it isn't my favourite album by Linkin park, not by a long shot.

Some songs were great on reanimation like One step closer but then there were others that were just plain crap like In the end.

LigerZeroShneider

LigerZeroShneider Well-Known Member

I say it was the best album, but I'm a hip-hop fan. It's of if you want more hip-hop in LP music, you would like Reanimation, if you want more rock, it would be Meteora, and if you want it to break even, it would be Hybrid Theory, that's how I think of it. Cuz with all my LP friends as school, the more popish, rock fans like Meteora more then the others, the hipsters love Reanimation, and others love Hybrid Theory.

XVZ

XVZ Banned

The best is Meteora

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

Reanimation was a great album because they didn't have a producer telling them what to do. It was what they wanted it to be. Led Zeppelin made such great records because they didn't have to hassle with some person going "I'm not really into that chorus, go rewrite it about 40 different times". Self-produced albums are the way albums were meant to be unless its with a really good producer that leaves room for the artist's own creativity.

LigerZeroShneider

LigerZeroShneider Well-Known Member

What you said is basically hip-hop. Nobody tells the rapper what he or she can't do, all they can really do is guide them. Hip-hop is just whatever you want in your music.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

A little reasoning behind that would be great.

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Yea this is a good album but i wouldnt say LP's best. I listen to this album alot. Especially Krwlng. But those are the best remixes ive ever heard. But i find reegular Linkin Park better.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

the amount of effort that went into making this album was amazing - they completely gave their older tracks a fresh new feel to them. granted that some of the tracks were lacking when compared to others eg In The End and High Voltage, however there are some great tunes, for example Crawling and Pushing Me Away.

the extra lyrics either rapped or sang where either a great bonus to the orginal or a huge let down. Chali 2na did a great job on Forgotten, with his lyrics releating back to the demo version of the track. i dont know what Zion was doing on A Place For My Hwad thuogh. i also like the way the guys introduced a females vocal into My December, Kelli Ali did a great job on that track. i was shocked to see that her name didnt appear on the reanimation DVD-A, i dont know why, i can only guess that it was a printing error.

there is no doubt in my mind that it is a really strong album, however i think the orginal 'hybrid theory' is their best album. this, reanimation, being a close second. they both stand out for different reasons entirely, but thats why i like them!

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

*agrees* The ITE remix was just horrible in comparison with the original song, so is H! Vltg3 (that background beat is such a pain in the neck!!) ... But there were also some great songs like the remixes of OSC, Pushing Me Away and Crawling... And With You and Runaway were good too...

Justmuse

Justmuse Well-Known Member

What I can say,is that HT,Reanimation and Meteora are BETTER than CC;)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I think it's cool how they can just breathe new life into tracks and/or completely pull a 180 and go in another direction.

The ITE remix was great because it took what had become one of the most heard rock songs of the day and transformed it into a head-bobbing hip-hop song while still using the same elements.

Best album? Yes.

...it shows more diversity than say, HT and Meteora. :whistle:

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I've started to like Reanimation a lot more recently. When I first heard it I thought that most of the tracks were a pile of crap, but now I've started to listen to more hip-hop I can appreciate it a lot more. I'd probably say it's now on a par with HT in terms of my favourite Linkin Park album.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I do think that Reanimation is probably the best album Linkin Park has released to date. Hybrid Theory was excellent, so I was hoping for an excellent album afterwards and Reanimation went beyond my expectations. The re-written lyrics fascinated me and truly went with the songs' meanings. The new vocals make the song more emotional and have more meaning. Linkin Park took Hybrid Theory to a different level and made it a whoe lot better.

Songs like Run@wy and P5hng Me A*wy totally give out the meanings of the original songs in a more defined and noticable way. Hybrid Theory was more of the "rock your head until it bleeds" album and Reanimation is the "understand and listen" sort of Hybrid Theory. As bad as I defined those, I would suppose that you understand what I mean.

Mike's production on this album was probably the reason this album made such an impact on Linkin Park fans. He knows what he's doing and he was indeed the backbone of this project. He kept it together and knew what went. The other band members did their parts and the special guest performers made this album what it needed to be.

The idea of having special guest performers on was an excellent idea. It gives us the idea of how they view the song they are working with and it also gives us a wider perspective. It gives us a more enlarged view of the song and all of its aspects.

The songs that made the bigger impact on me were Krwlng and P5hng Me A*wy. I have to say that Linkin Park put more effort on these songs than any other. And the special guests they had to work with them on these songs were excellent choices and I can't imagine Linkin Park to have chosen anybody else. Aaron Lewis totally made Crawling into what it needed to be. The emotion was intense and it just made the song wonderful. P5hng Me A*wy was totally transformed into this song that just portrays more feeling and emotion. The revised lyrics in the chorus and bridge totally make the song what it needs to be.

And I say this too much, so let me just cover it all now. Linkin Park and the guest performers just made the songs what they needed to be in the first place.

The fact that Mike Shinoda produced the album...and seeing its result, shows that since Mike Shinoda is producing Fort Minor, it should be as big a success, more likely a bigger success.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i hope so!

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with what you said. Now that you mention it, this kinda is a sit and understand album.

goldengoaliex910

goldengoaliex910 Well-Known Member

I believe that Reanimation is the best album the guys have made so far. However, I am with you in the fact that I have listened to HT and Meteora more, and I probably will continue to do so. It's not an album you can go listen to every single day, in my experiences. More of a treat, every once in a while, give it a listen the whole way through.

Although I must say, the remixes of A Place For My Head, My December, and High Voltage practically make me throw up every time I hear them.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Why, yes. Yes it is.