Ending songs

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ROFLcopter, Jul 1, 2005.

ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

Has there been a concert were LP have not ended the show without a place for my head, or, one step closer?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Don't believe so.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Nope

Yippi Cola

Yippi Cola Well-Known Member

they started a few shows with APFMH in 2000/2001

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Perhaps but this discussion is for waht songs they ended with ;)

And to my knowledge LP havn't finished a show without playing either One Step Closer or A Place For My Head.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

LP always closes with One Step Closer. They don't always play A Place for My Head, it wasn't played at a few PR2004 shows, and it's not always 2nd to last in the set like it was on Live in Texas either.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

They really need to change what they end with. One Step Closer just don't do it for me. Usually, i'm a very sentimental person and would rather them keep up the tradition of playing their first single last, but, i think it's time for a change.

Hopefully, on their next tour they will have a new energetic song to end the set with. Although, they could quite easily end the set with something off of their current albums which isn't One Step Closer.

Chester isn't the biggest fan of that song anyway, but he thinks the fans love it, so that's why they probably play it last everytime.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

they played 'its going down' for my concert B) lol

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

which show was that?

are you sure they played it last?

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

cardiff

im pretty sure,it was a long time ago,so my memory might be faulty,but im pretty sure

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Unfortunately, a huge majority of Linkin Park's shows do end with One Step Closer. And the only reason LP chooses to do that is because the fans love it and because it's an extremely energetic song to end with. It gets the fans up and jumping to make the finale big and memorable. Linkin Park did right to choose One Step Closer for an ending. I haven't heard many concerts with Linkin Park ending with Place for my Head or another song. Awfully rare.

And like Uncle Raj, I think they should choose another song to end their concerts. I mean, of course, they still have the right to end with One Step Closer every now and then but if it goes on it will become monotonous to the fans. And as UR said, hopefully Linkin Park will come up with a song as energetic and good enough to end their concerts on upcoming tours and performances. I would hope that a new song to end concerts would be from their upcoming album, but it doesn't have to be. They just need a different song.

And to make my point about OSC being energetic and jumpy, take a look at Live in Texas. Linkin Park performed Crawling and In the End, a bit more softer songs, and then decided to go all out with One Step Closer. I think that was the whole point, sorta. To take them a little by surprise and get the crowd up and jumping. That's what makes a concert finale so awesome.

That's how I view it.

Geki

Geki >.

They just ended a show with Numb/Encore at Live 8. Other then that, they never have. What about on the Meteora tour though, they probably ended a show with a Meteora song right?

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Wrong. They still ended with One Step Closer at all of the Meteora World Tour shows.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Wrong. They still ended with One Step Closer at all of the Meteora World Tour shows. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah...what a shame...

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

i've just remembered,they couldn't have play OSC at the end of the show i went to,cause they played it first ^^

ive been thinking some more,and i think it was 'from the inside'

my dads pretty sure aswell

ROFLcopter

ROFLcopter Well-Known Member

I read all this about a new song ending the show! What about tradition! I can understand why they didnt play it at Live 8..... they didnt probally have their set-up (all the technical shit) thats why the other songs sounded crummy.

And playing OSC first, shit, thats a rarity.

So I say keep tradition. Dont u think the same.

Hundreds of concerts ended with this crowdbreaking song. One concert started with it.

Yippi Cola

Yippi Cola Well-Known Member

maybe on the Top of the pops 2003 recording...

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

maybe on the Top of the pops 2003 recording... [/b][/quote]
    you cant really class that as a show. they basically recoreded all of the tracks they knew they were gonig to release from meteora.

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

I agree with what you said... They should completely change their setlist because it gets more and more monotonous. You know, I always go to their concerts and always know that there will be some encores with "One Step Closer" at the end... It isn't a surprise anymore but I'd love to be surprised... Would be great if they'd completely change their setlist and then come up with new, fresh songs...

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

Ya they didnt end it at Live 8. I think alot of people actually wanted them too tho. It doesnt bother me that they end with that song.