Live 8

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by ECU Tekkie, Jun 20, 2005.

ECU Tekkie

ECU Tekkie Well-Known Member

I saw online that each artist at Live 8 in Philadelphia is only suppose to play 3 or 4 songs. Is this true? Thanks.

Dart

Dart Well-Known Member

i'm not sure about it but it's a loggical solution,cos there are gonna be a bunch o' proformers,so if they had to play more they would stay there mucho tempo

ECU Tekkie

it starts at noon and ends at 6. That's six hours of music. Even when i went to the Meteora would tour shows, with only 4 band, the concert only last a few hours. I can understand if they don't play an entire set, but only 3 songs?!?! I hope that's not the case.

LigerZeroShneider

LigerZeroShneider Well-Known Member

There's gonna be alot of talking, because they talk about poverty (sp?)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

There's gonna be alot of talking, because they talk about poverty (sp?) [/b][/quote]
    I doubt they're going to be talking very much at all.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

I doubt they're going to be talking very much at all. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, why would they talk? They only have 6 hours to perform and raise money.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

its a concert - there will be little time to talk and stuff

ECU Tekkie

Yeah. LP always takes time to talk about world events or aid for suffering or less fortunate people. I just hope they play more than 3 songs. I'm driving from NC to see them.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

For, what, two minutes?

ECU Tekkie

I don't mind them talking about aid at all. I wish more artists would do it. Just hope all of the artists play more than 3 songs, especially LP, Keith Urban, Maroon 5 and Stevie Wonder.

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

Just have a question: Is it true that all artists that performed on this concert are going to perform a song together at the end of the show? Like a special collabo or something like that?

LigerZeroShneider

Yeah, why would they talk? They only have 6 hours to perform and raise money. [/b][/quote]
    They will talk, because I swear half the people don't know what the concert is for. They still think it's Live Aid 2. They are gonna talking to help spread the word, not as much as you would think but in the end it's gonna take some time up.

Justin

Justin See you there

I hope that's true; I would bet they'd do that and release the song on the iTunes Music Store, Napster, and other legal music downloading services. They did that with 'Forever In Our Hearts' (That song didn't do well at all), as well as 'Across The Universe' (the song Velvet Revolver, Stevie Wonder, Joss Stone, Melissa Etheridge and lots of other people sang at the Grammys). They's raise a lot of money that way.

If that happens, I discourage anybody from downloading the song of P2P networks.

~ immortal soul ~

~ immortal soul ~ Well-Known Member

I hope that's true; I would bet they'd do that and release the song on the iTunes Music Store, Napster, and other legal music downloading services. They did that with 'Forever In Our Hearts' (That song didn't do well at all), as well as 'Across The Universe' (the song Velvet Revolver, Stevie Wonder, Joss Stone, Melissa Etheridge and lots of other people sang at the Grammys). They's raise a lot of money that way.

If that happens, I discourage anybody from downloading the song of P2P networks. [/b][/quote]
    Sure thing... I'd definitely buy that song via iTunes or as a single... But if that performance is broadcasted via internet I think you can't prevent that it will be downloadable via P2P soon after the concert was held...^^

obiwanws2

obiwanws2 Well-Known Member

i hope they r playing more then three songs, because that will make it more likely that they might play some new material if they hv some, but if not then they atleast won't do any covers

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

they actually announced that most artist are playing just 3 songs...and a lot of them have...some have played at least 5. Linkin Park had a good mesh of songs. Everyone is saying that their performance wasn't that great, I thought it was awesome. Chester wasn't at his best in this one, but it was still good. You can get it at the link posted for the RIP. It's good quality but the sound is to low on it and there are gaps in it.

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

yeah, i thought that too. they really rocked, and chester sounded really pure. i was like WTF!! and the BTH performance was real cool. and tnx to everyone who worked real hard to put the whole perfomance on the net. i listened it again today, and i must admit chester could have done it better. anyways, they were real cool!

TheChase

TheChase Well-Known Member

which songs did they exactly play?

LigerZeroShneider

LP played Crawling, Somewhere I Belong, In the End, Breaking the Habit, and did the whole Collision Course Album, but POA/99 Problems/OSC, and Izzo/In The End.

BTW...

They did talk, between each artist there was someone talking, I was right.

forgottenlp52

forgottenlp52 Well-Known Member

I was so lucky. My first concert was one of the best in history. I was lucky enough to see them play there. They were amazing. I think they were the best the whole night, and they really got the crowd going. I saw almost everybody singing there songs. So ya they played Crawling with the reanimation begining. Then Somewhere i Belong, Breaking the Habit that began with Chester singing the verse while Mike played the piano. And then In the End. After that Mike went to his keyboard and played Public Service announcement as an entrance for Jayz. They then played i think the whole Collision Course cd. It was the best performance i saw.