Your Bands

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by cooljelly, Jun 19, 2005.

Monatori

Monatori Active Member

Drum machines wouldn't produce better quality as an actual drum set would, though. I know how you feel, dude. Our drummer is talking about quitting. I am trying to get him to stay. <.<;;

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

Drum machines wouldn't produce better quality as an actual drum set would, though. I know how you feel, dude. Our drummer is talking about quitting. I am trying to get him to stay. <.<;; [/b][/quote]
    And get this. He quit because:

"It's taking too long for us to get signed."

It's a BAND and we're FOURTEEN! It's supposed to be fun. <_<

Monatori

Monatori Active Member

It's a BAND and we're FOURTEEN! It's supposed to be fun. <_< [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you there, dude. My band members are 12 and 13. We aren't going to make our first album until around age 15, though. Also, getting signed up isn't easy... at all. >.o

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

It's a BAND and we're FOURTEEN! It's supposed to be fun. <_< [/b][/quote]
    And you should mention to him that you won't get signed just like that. If he expects everything to be handed to him on a silver platter, he shouldn't be involved in music in the first place.

Monatori

Monatori Active Member

And you should mention to him that you won't get signed just like that. If he expects everything to be handed to him on a silver platter, he shouldn't be involved in music in the first place. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed. Nothing in the music industry is easy. It could take years before you actually get a deal. I don't expect to get a deal at all, but I am just here for the fun of it. XP But getting a record deal is having to have lots of people who like you and go to your concerts. <.<;; Just like I said in my earlier posts.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

We're just starting off.

Pygmalion Complex is our name, but we might go back to Death In December. I hope not. eck.

Our genre? The bastard child of NIN and Tool with an overload of estrogen.

Members:

Me- vocals
    Jenn- guitar
    Stevie- guitar
    Jon- drums
    ?????- bass (that means we have no bassist)

cant wait to start practicin maaaan.

Mr. Benzedrine

Mr. Benzedrine Rock the 40 Oz

My band was lucky that we got signed reasonably quickly (within a year and a half) But it really did take alot of time, Constant practicing and having to send demos practically all over the world, But like our song says 'If I stick with it, It might slowly start to work' :p .

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Name: Your Catastrophe

Genre: Metal/Hardcore/Death Metal (Yes we scream :D)

Members: Vocals - Jamie (Me)
    Guitar - Sadie
    Guitar - Mike
    Bass - Sarah
    Drums - Kym

Label: Ha we wish

We haven't started practising yet. But we will in a few weeks I should imagine.

Website - www.myspace.com/yourcatastrophe add us!

cooljelly

cooljelly Well-Known Member

WOW (w00t). Wasn't expected such a good response! Well I've checked out a few of your sites. The Renegaids, that shit rools.I'm totally lovin your music. As many people as possible get your music on the internet. I like hearin this shit! It's totally wicked. Shit I wish my band were this good. Hold UP! I haven't told you about my band! :p Well here goes.

Misanthropist

The name comes from the word meaning hater of man-kind. Cuz sometimes all of us can just hate the whole fuckin world! So that's why I chose da name!

M Taggart (Me)-Vocals
    D Wood-Guitar
    A Rowlends-Drums

We haven't done much so there you go. We'll get somewhere one day!

Keep posting about your bands!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Me and my band didn't sign the contract,the guy who offered it to us is from some lable that I've never heard of and when I researched it no results were found,the dude also wanted a ridiculous 85%!

Sorry but no contract is better than that :wth:

Testament

Testament \m/ LPA Super Member

If you come to Winnipeg, we should play bars together.

Death Metal? You're my new best friend.

Monatori

Monatori Active Member

XD Screaming is very fun. We have screaming in all of our songs. =D I guess I will have to check out your music if you ever add music or something. ^^; I also want to wish everyone good luck on getting a record deal!

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

XD Screaming is very fun. We have screaming in all of our songs. =D I guess I will have to check out your music if you ever add music or something. ^^; I also want to wish everyone good luck on getting a record deal! [/b][/quote]
    Thanks man. I'll check out your band!

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I agree with you there, dude. My band members are 12 and 13. We aren't going to make our first album until around age 15, though. Also, getting signed up isn't easy... at all. >.o [/b][/quote]
    We've been playing for about half a year now, and we don't even have a song. We just keep quitting the song we're working on because it sounds bad.

Atsuzen

Atsuzen Super Member LPA Super Member

:D I don't even know whether my band is still alive or not. It was a spur-of-the-moment thing, where my friends and I just got bored and said, "Hey let's start a band!" and we DID. The only thing missing was us playing any music. :lol:

But, whatever it was, we named it Blackboard, and we're kinda like a punk-rock-pop-crap mix, due to all the band members' different music tastes. We had designed an album cover, listed song titles and wrote a few songs, even trying to make a tune or two.

... We did this all in one day.

That was one year ago.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I take it back. We just got three or four songs recorded. I'll post the link when we upload them. I'm warning you all now: All we did was record drums and then find some guitar that works. Then again, we're only 13, so you shouldn't expect much.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

wow, people are just making bands left and right.

im not in a band, but if there was a "bands your friends are in" thread i could contribute. unfortunately, no bands for me.

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

Me and my friend, Chris, jam a lot. We both play guitar and just jam with random drummers. We also jam with this kid who is a prodigy at violin (we use effects on electric violin) and slack-key guitar. We sometimes call ourselves Catatonic, sometimes Cycle Seven. We're terrible, but I like to think our lyrics are good (I write them :D). We're Screamo/Hardcore/Christian/Hip-Hop/Classical/Experimental, in that order.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

hey.....at least you guys are unique....

I remember going to a rock concert at my high school a while back.....and most of the bands sounded more or less the same to me.

Monatori

Monatori Active Member