'The Rising Tied': Parental Advisory?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Mike recently stopped by the Fort Minor forums to answer a question on whether the new album will be censored, to which he replied;

""the rising tied" has cursing on it, BUT i know we have a lot of fans who actually like clean records, so i'm putting out a clean version. you know the drill: if you can take the cursing, pick up the regular version; if not, look for the clean one."

In addition, Mike cleared up some confusion over some lyrics that were reported on by some music sites.

"everybody is giving him guest spots / his stock's through the roof / i heard he's f**king with s-dot"
    ...and that's ryu's [Styles of Beyond] line, not mine. people have been getting us confused for some reason.
    "

For those of you wondering what the second coded news post on FortMinor.com means, it reads "The debut Fort Minor album is entitled The Rising Tied. In an effort to get back to his hip hop roots, Mike wrote and played virtually every note on the album. The album features a group of his friends in the hip hop community."

Thanks in part to eXess7.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Cool, but it doesn't really tell us anything new.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Other than who is spittin' that one lyric.

Joe

Other than who is spittin' that one lyric. [/b][/quote]
    True, true. People just assumed Mike said the line, obviously not.

Everytime there's more news on Fort Minor, i just get more & more excited for the album.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

..noobs

Geki

Geki >.

Honestly, it's about time Linkin Park or Fort Minor have said a swear. If you couldn't handle Collsion Course, don't buy Fort Minor, besides, who gets edited CD's anyway, little kids who have to ask their mommy to buy it for them? I hope Fort Minor comes out soon because I can't wait.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Cool. Think I'll be getting the PA version though :p

Also, it's cool the way LPA is in the links section! :D

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Well, we now know there's going to be a clean version. :p

Joe

Well, we now know there's going to be a clean version. :p [/b][/quote]
    :lol: True again, but i kinda thought every parental advisory rap album comes with a clean version :mellow: So i thought it was a little expected, even if it hadn't been said officialy.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

the albums that are expected to have a relatively large amount of sales usually have edited versions available as well. you're not going to waste money on producing an edited album if you have trouble selling the explicit version. so not all explicit rap albums have edited versions.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

i think its cool that mike is trying to care for the needs for all ages groups.

i think iam going to get the PA version though - i dont like it when words or phrases are bleeped or missed out.

Evan™

Evan™ HI! I'm Randy, I'm a Bandicoot Über Member

well...i dont really care ill buy any one i see on teh shelfs of my cd store!

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

i think its stupid buying an edited album..
    In my opinion , songs just dont sound the same when they're censored for explicit words. I have no idea who in the right mind would buy an edited album just to hear a bunch of mutes and beeps when someone curses when they could buy
    the whole album and hear the full version of someones work.

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

Well its not enjoyment they are buying an edited cd, maybe parents don't want their kids listening to curse words in music so they buy them an edited version.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well its not enjoyment they are buying an edited cd, maybe parents don't want their kids listening to curse words in music so they buy them an edited version. [/b][/quote]
    The day that parents have full control of what kids listen to, I will kill myself.

Editing albums is like messing with art. Music is an art and to make people change their song to comply with the ages and maturity of kids is just wierd. It's like painting black over half of the Mona Lisa because it offends people.

Art is art. Keep it as it is, enjoy the full experience.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Well its not enjoyment they are buying an edited cd, maybe parents don't want their kids listening to curse words in music so they buy them an edited version. [/b][/quote]
    Another thing you have to consider is that the listener might not like to hear the vocalist swear when they listen to their CDs.

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

i will probably buy the PA version, even my mum is strongly against it..
    i mean, the original thing is with swearing, if we omit them, it's like damaging the music, it's a big NO NO..

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

The day that parents have full control of what kids listen to, I will kill myself.

Editing albums is like messing with art. Music is an art and to make people change their song to comply with the ages and maturity of kids is just wierd. It's like painting black over half of the Mona Lisa because it offends people.

Art is art. Keep it as it is, enjoy the full experience. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, and with that i will buy the regualar version and none of this edited crap.

To Cameron: Honestly if you dont like to hear that artist swear, then honestly I don't think you shold be listening to that artist. Fact is almost everyone swears, its a fact of today's society and the way things go.

越南

越南 Well-Known Member

to me swearing isn't bad , its just a way of expressing your words with feelings..
    it just gets too harsh when someone degrades another person with a swear word..
    but , i have no problem hearing someone cuss , as long as they're not degrading anyone.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Way to shove words in my mouth, Ryan. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.