Rhinestone and Esaul

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Geki, Jun 4, 2005.

Geki

Geki >.

How come I can only find those demos? Didn't they have a demo for every Hybrid Theory Song? Could someone possibly list the demos for me?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

There are demos for the following songs:

With You
    Points of Authority - 2 different demos
    Crawling
    By Myself - 3 different demos
    In the End
    A Place for My Head - 3 different demos, 4 if you count the one on Frat Party
    Forgotten - 2 different demos if you count the Xero version.

There is also a demo of One Step Closer called Plaster, but it's not available anywhere.

The band probably recorded demos for the other songs, but these demos aren't available.

Geki

Geki >.

Isn't the Points of Authority demo the one where they go
    ''Cause Tomorrow, You reap what you sue.

Astat

That's one of them, the other one has a part in it that goes "It's time to sink or swim, to see who gets scared when the lights go dim"

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Papercut - Rumoured to have been recorded under the name "Paranoia".

One Step Closer - Rumoured to have been recorded under the name "Plaster"

With You - Recorded under the name "Now I See". Differs slightly from finished version.

Points Of Authority - Recorded twice (possibly three times) under the same name.

Crawling - Recorded under the same name.

Runaway - No existent demos.

By Myself - Recorded twice under the names (in order) "Super Xero" and "Super Zero"

In The End - Recorded under the name "The Untitled"

A Place For My Head - Recorded about four times under the
    name "Esául". Also performed live in studio

Forgotten - Recorded on the band's original demo tape, under the name "Rhinestone", then recorded again when the band was re-named Hybrid Theory, as "Forgotten", I think

Cure For The Itch - Rumoured to have been recorded under the name "Mr. Hahn"

Pushing Me Away - No existent demos

Other than those listed above, there are more "Part Of Me" & "Carousel", both of which eventually ended up on the Hybrid Theory EP, and Dedicated (Kids), which was never released save for through LPU 2.0

Geki

Geki >.

Cool, thanks. I guess I'll never find really any of the demos except Esaul, Points of Authority, and Rhinestone. They didn't make any demos for Meteora did they?

Astat

They did, they just got rid of the demo tapes to keep people from trying to sell bootleg copies claiming it to be the new album.

coma

coma Banned

At the begining of Crawling(demo)Chester screams ,'' I hate you so much right now'' I love that part... ^_^

Muri

Muri It never ends.

Yeah. Me too. :lol:

coma

coma Banned

he has a wonderful voice :chaz:

The Dude

The Dude Active Member

I like the piano tones at the beginning of the Crawling on the demo much more than the original, too.

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

you can find all the demos easily. I found them all on limewire. I have every demo song but one. The POA demo with the sink or swim part. that song is near impossible to find.

Geki

Geki >.

I have Limewire, but whenever I type in the demos, I never get them. I want to here the Crawling demo SO bad, but I can't find it. Should I just type in ''Crawling Demo'' by Linkin Park? Or should I say it's by Hybrid Theory or Xero?

forfeit3

forfeit3 Well-Known Member

why do you say you cant find plaster? i found it

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Proof?

There are *many* fakes and such floating around.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

How about JoeHahn.com, they have this player there with most demos.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

And never released.

Confirmed to be under the name Plaster, there are just doubts as to whether it exists on the internet.

One version used the intro rap (forfeit the game) as the chorus, the other was pretty much exactly like the album version but with a different rap.

Wrong. Recorded under the name 'Under Attack.[/quote]

Not necessarily a demo, but interesting none the less. The guitar in the intro of the song 'Stick N Move' is later used in Runaway.

Not live in studio, but rather in one of the band member's rooms.

Recorded as Rhinestone back in Xero days, and then again (with name Rhinestone) for the demo CD sent to record labels (not the HTEP we have come to know).

Fan remix, and a crappy one at that.

Actually, The HTEP was released, and then they were reworked and put on a Sampler CD sent to major labels. So what we know as the 'demos' of Part Of Me and Carousel are actually the most recent versions.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

And never released.

Confirmed to be under the name Plaster, there are just doubts as to whether it exists on the internet.

One version used the intro rap (forfeit the game) as the chorus, the other was pretty much exactly like the album version but with a different rap.

Wrong. Recorded under the name 'Under Attack.[/quote]

Not necessarily a demo, but interesting none the less. The guitar in the intro of the song 'Stick N Move' is later used in Runaway.

Not live in studio, but rather in one of the band member's rooms as rehearsal, back when Chester first joined the band.

Recorded as Rhinestone back in Xero days, and then again (with name Rhinestone) for the demo CD sent to record labels (not the HTEP we have come to know).

Fan remix, and a crappy one at that.

Actually, The HTEP was released, and then they were reworked and put on a Sampler CD sent to major labels. So what we know as the 'demos' of Part Of Me and Carousel are actually the most recent versions.

Astat

I'm pretty sure the Crawling demo was recorded under the same name...that's what it appears as on the demo disc. I think the confusion came up when the Under Attack bootleg CD came out and the Crawling 9/11 remix was the first song on the CD, but it was labeled "Under Attack (Crawling)" and there were other demos on the CD, so some people that just saw the CD art assumed that was the name of the demo.

There's a scan of the demo CD cover here.

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

what i want to know is if there really is 2 demos of Points of Authority. I have 2 versions, but have the same lyrics but the"forfeit the game" part is different. there is the "sink or swim" thing that i've been hearing about but I can't find it anywhere...so is it real, or is it a fake?