Racism

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Shinoda_baby, Jun 3, 2005.

ScrewOff

ScrewOff Well-Known Member

i think racism is wrong and reflects ignorance.

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

I personally don't like racism but here about 95% of the population are white/caucasian and too amny of them are racists. My whole family are like that, they aren't as bad as some people, but their morals and opions are somewhat dated! I think the S word is far more horrible than the n word.

FreeYourMind

FreeYourMind Well-Known Member

Same here, Hey I lived in SF for a while too, and I've notice that too.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Here in the UK you get alot of Racism,particularly outside of London. Being mixed race myself I think people who are racist deserve to be stranded on their own island somewhere so they wont have to worry about being surrounded by 'racialy impure' people.

The last person I saw being racist I knocked over the head with a fairly large stone which saw me getting a week suspension from school while the person who was being racist pretty much got away with just a warning.

KirbyRockz

KirbyRockz Well-Known Member

Although I myself am not racist, I do enjoy a racist joke now and then.

Geki

Geki >.

I'm not racist, but my Dad and Grandparents are. Take today for example, we were driving to get Ice Cream and at a stoplight, we stopped and were next to a person with loud rap in his car. My Dad said, ''He Must be black right'', while looking at him. Does he really want to get shot? Especially in that area we were in. He would deserve it too. Who cares if he's black, white, asian, green, reg, or blue? Then today he yelled at me because I was listening to Ass Like That by Eminem. I really hate it, and I refuse to become a racist because it is wrong and people shouldn't be treated worse or better because of the color of their skin.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

Yeh i think evryones opinion on racism is pretty much the same unless your a racist yourself. Im black, and obviously i think racism is wrong. But ive come to realise that some people are racist towards a certain type of culture and not towards whether they be black or not. I have a friend whos is homophobic and hates all asians but hangs around a lot of blacks. And he never tells me why he hates them...for no reason at all. Ill never understand those kind of people.

Weezy

Weezy Well-Known Member

Just hope our generation is better with racism than the last. :)

Melonman64

Melonman64 Well-Known Member

I despise racism and anyone who is racist/homophobic should die. Now. One kid at my school appears to be racist towards the whole human race. Yes, you read that correctly. He calls anyone who pisses him off a *** and a loser. Almost everyone hates him. I wouldn't be surprised if he himself was gay and just insecure about himself.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

My father is somewhat racist. And when I accuse him of it he comes back with the most disgusting thing I've ever heard: "Can you blame me for hating the damn [n-word]s? The way they act!"

It's absolutely horrible and I hate it. Unfortunately, I've caught myself beginning to act like him and it sickens me.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

The race issue is weird where I live. There's a little racism, but not as bad as a lot of areas. But what's strange is the self-imposed segregation. White and black people are very friendly to one and another, say hello to each other at the grocery store, that kind of thing, but for the most part socialize with and live near with their own race. I don't really get it.

And racisim and homophobia don't make me that mad, most of the time, just very very depressed. I have a friend who is in all respects the nicest, sweetest person I know, except one: she says she hates gays and lesbians. And I can't blame her for it that much because she was raised to believe it was wrong (her mom is exactly the same as she is--very nice but against homosexuality, and I don't know her dad) but at the same time it just makes me sad.

mia_lp

mia_lp Well-Known Member

yes we will.. if every one followed the Biblical principles. i see that on a small scale within my family circle and that of my friends.. it just nedes to happen on a global scale

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

yes we will.. if every one followed the Biblical principles. [/b][/quote]
    Well, unfortunately not everyone believes in that, so it will never happen.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

My mom is the same way, except she wasn't raised to believe that way, it's just that she's a hardcore Christian and believes it's wrong. I can't fault her for that because she respects what I believe in even if she doesn't believe in it, so I choose to do the same with her beliefs.

I wish more people could be like that, I really do. Instead, most people try to force their opinions and beliefs on peope and the world just doesn't work that way. If you ever want mankind to all "just get along" you have to respect their beliefs, not force yours on someone, like Mia is suggesting. It just won't work. This isn't aimed at you Lyndie, by the way.

Whimsicality

My mom is the same way, except she wasn't raised to believe that way, it's just that she's a hardcore Christian and believes it's wrong. I can't fault her for that because she respects what I believe in even if she doesn't believe in it, so I choose to do the same with her beliefs.

I wish more people could be like that, I really do. Instead, most people try to force their opinions and beliefs on peope and the world just doesn't work that way. If you ever want mankind to all "just get along" you have to respect their beliefs, not force yours on someone, like Mia is suggesting. It just won't work. This isn't aimed at you Lyndie, by the way. [/b][/quote]
    I agree completely. You can't force people into seeing things your way, even if you think "your way" will bring eternal peace to the world.

I was reading Dumbing Us Down by John Gatto the the other day, which is actually a book about the U.S. education system, but some of the things he talks about apply to racism and homobobia as well. Excerpt from page 86, where he has been talking about colonial New England-
    So basically, he's saying that this town healed religious discrimination on it's own over the course of several centuries. It's something that makes you think, at the very least.

If I didn't like my before mentioned friend because she was against homosexuality and I'm not, it would be my loss for excluding someone from my life who constantly goes out of her way to help other people. She accepts my beliefs so I accept hers, even if we disagree.

Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

I'm not racist. I don't know why there are some people out there are racist. :angry:

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Amazing...millions of years of human evolution and some humans out there still believe that others are inferior to them because of the way they look on the outside? Racism disgusts me, I have no respect for any racists, no matter if it was what they were raised with or whatever, here in 2005 there is no excuse. It was sad our nation basically had to force change in the South during the Civil Rights movement, absolutely shameful. With that being said I'd love to see the Confederate Flag banned because of this, it's nothing more than a racist symbol used under the false "Southern hertitage" lie, complete bullshit! Everyone knows what it means....you're proud of a Confederate government that wanted slavery, pure and simple. And no the South won't rise again, because the North would beat it back down and occupy it, just like last time; If I ever got into high level politics I would be sure to rid our nation of all racist symbols...free speech be damned, you don't see many Nazi flags around do you?...The Confederate flag equates to the same ideals.

Whimsicality

How would banning racist symbols stop racism? A symbol has no natural connection to the thing it represents. Racists will still be racists weather they wave a confederate flag or not.

Plus, if the government were to ban symbols because they were racist, that opens the door for banning other symbols under the excuse that they're offensive. And eventually you'll run into gray area over what's
    "offensive."

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Wow.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

But then that's just taking away someone's civil rights. First Amendment. Free Speech. They're free to practice what they believe.

And besides, banning a flag won't do anything. Not only does it not change what they think, but it's also jsut going to make them believe even stronger.

It's like telling a child they can't go to that party because it's on a school night. That party is off limits and therefore (for some reason) more desirable. So what does the child do? He sneeks out after dark and goes to the part anyway because he's rebellious.

Not the best analogy, but it gets the point across.