Easier To Run and Hit The Floor LIVE

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MariosLP, May 17, 2005.

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

I heard all LP songs live except those two.Why LP didn't play them live? :unsure:

Tekkiji

Tekkiji Well-Known Member

They have played Easier to Run live, there is a copy of it floating around. I found it once but was unable to get it.

As for hit the floor, i've seen nothing for that

gozorninplat

gozorninplat A Person

I've heard Hit the Floor live before, one of my favorites, but it's been taken off the website I found it on. They did do it live though.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I have a MP3 of Hit The Floor Live. The band sounds like shit.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

What pisses me off is; they played both those songs live at Nottingham Rock City 03/03/03 when i was there, and the show was recorded for BBC, but they never recorded those two songs, so they were never released as part of the 03/03/03 set, although the others are available.

I think the reason for this is because they didn't want too much of Meteora being leaked before it's release, live or not.

TheChase

TheChase Well-Known Member

I think the reason why they didnt play both songs after their underground tour in early 2003 is that the guys obviously figured out that "easier to run" for example sounds pretty much like "crawling". its almost the same shit except lyrics. So there is no need to play this song. "hit the floor" is another thing. I think the only logical reason for it is that this songs sounds like crap when they perform it. really its bullshit.

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

Really? :lol:
    I want to listen to them :p
    But why?are they difficult to play them?

Yippi Cola

Yippi Cola Well-Known Member

I have at least 5 Hit The Floor live mp3s from different shows and no one of them sounds better than the studio version. Chester doesn't scream "One minute you're on top, Making your heart stop" as good in live as he does in the studio version, and these 2 lines make the song much worse, so I understand why they stopped playing it.

lptyco

lptyco Member

I heard hit the floor durin their small club tour at the beginnin of the meteora tour and let me tell ya. It had an amazin bounce to it wit chester whalin away and the poundin riffs
    it was a awesome experience
    they also played easier to run wit chazzy's soarin vocals it was great!

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Maybe they just dont want to play them anymore. Just like "Forgotten" and others.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

'Forgotten' could possibly be the worst Linkin Park song to be played live. Chester sounds like shit and Brad is so off on the MP3 that I have.

MariosLP

MariosLP Super Member

Yeah...also Forgotten was very nice at live concerts and they stop it

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Hit The Floor wasn't too popular.. they didn't play it a whole lot.

Easier To Run was pretty good, they played it more than Hit The Floor, and the Numb cdsingle had a live version of Easier To Run.

Yippi Cola

Yippi Cola Well-Known Member

I think they played ETR and HTF on the same shows during the LPU 2003 and PR 2003 tours. (Maybe also on 2$ bill and they are still in an MTV warehouse? :) )

The Numb single's ETR live is the same with the video on LPU 4.0. I think this is from the Manchester show of the LPU tour.
    btw, I found dates for almost all live tracks from singles, I'll post them later if you want.

Forgotten - The song itself sounds worse than than the album version, but the crowd saying "Back" part was good for me. I also liked it's new intro during the late 2001/2002 shows.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I think the guitar on Hit The Floor sounds better live.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

One of the Numb singles has Easier to Run live.

You can hear a glimpse of LP playing Hit the Floor live on the Making of Meteora. And I've heard the full song live on some sites. Don't remember which ones though.

Justin

Justin See you there

Didn't they rehearse 'Hit The Floor' in one of the LPTV episodes (I think it was episode #10)? It sounded really bad

Geki

Geki >.

It's like Easier to Run and Hit the Floor are being shunned or something, and it's a shame since they are both great songs. They rarely ever play By Myself or Forgotten live either, especially Forgotten, which is one of my favorite songs.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

LP is always changing up their live sets, and after years of playing they have a pretty good idea of what works live and what doesn't. For example, some of the older songs that they used to play a lot live (High Voltage, And One, Forgotten) were taken out of the set after 2002, mainly because they'd been playing those songs since before Hybrid Theory even came out, and they needed to make room in the set for Meteora songs. By Myself lasted a little longer, into mid-2003, but my guess is they stopped playing it because it wasn't one of their better live songs. There are other songs like Step Up, My December, P5hng Me A*wy, and Figure.09 which are good live, but they get rotated in and out depending on what else LP decides to play for a tour, or what time of the year it is (My December tends to get played during winter). When they started adding new intros and sections to songs live in 2004, they probably combined Step Up, Nobody's Listening, and It's Goin' Down to save time.

-Random paragraph break due to length- :lol:

Anyway, what I'm getting to is, LP probably decided after the shows in early 2003 that Hit the Floor didn't sound very good live, and decided to quit playing it. As for Easier to Run, I always liked the live version better than the album, but I think LP thought it sounded too much like Crawling. I've heard rumors that Chester didn't like singing it live because it got him really emotional, but I'm not sure about that. But whether or not they've played them recently, I can see songs that haven't been played in a while making a return. Take Forgotten for example, they hadn't played it since 2002 and they came out with Chali 2na at the Music for Relief show earlier this year and did the remix version of it. LP is pretty good with giving all their songs a chance to be heard live, so I expect they'll bring back ETR, HTF, and other songs at some point.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It might've been BTH. Chester couldn't sing 'Breaking The Habit" live because he'd break down whenever he tried it. They performed it for the first time at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2003 festival.