Official Playstation Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Friskey™, May 15, 2005.

1. Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Vice City had the worst graphics IMO.

2. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Vice City had the worst graphics IMO. [/b][/quote]
    Even worst than GTA3? :mellow:

3. Paul

Yes.

Vice City had to much orange. :lol:

4. StreetSoldierTD

StreetSoldierTD Member

5. Paul

Devil May Cry 4!?!?!

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

6. StreetSoldierTD

StreetSoldierTD Member

2006 is gonna be the greatest year for gaming ever (w00t)

7. Paul

That's what they said 8 years ago. :shifty:

8. StreetSoldierTD

StreetSoldierTD Member

good point :whistle:

9. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Yeah, you can check out the trailer at gamespot. There are also teasers for Tekken 6, Gran Turismo 5 etc, etc.

10. Paul

I made that up.

11. StreetSoldierTD

StreetSoldierTD Member

go to show how much i know :lol:

12. Paul

Killzone 2? Who would of thought?

13. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

To put it fairly, Xbox 360's graphics SUCK compared to the PS3. I have seen so much more detail in early PS3 screens then I have 360's that its not even funny.

You can still greately see line jags and boxyness on some early Xbox 360 screens, some of that is completely non-existant on PS3's early shots.

So go ahead, smoke crack and buy a 360 when it comes out..I've always liked Playstation better and this only proves I'll stay with Sony.

And to think, they thought 360 was gonna be more powerful than the Xbox. Hilarious.

14. $pvcxGhxztCasey

I'll stick with my Xbox, thanks. Early screenshots don't really mean shit, since they're just that... early. And the demos usually run at half the frame rate of the final product.

I'll make a prediction and say the Revolution beats both of them, since it's about damn time. Sony & Microsoft are too busy trying to out do each other, which isn't the ring thing to do.

And wow, did you come off as a fanboy for Sony in that post, or what Derek? Kinda assholish too, but I'll leave it at fanboy. Smoking crack because I want the 360 over the PShit? Right.

15. Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I cannot wait for Metal Gear Solid 4. I mean look at that they did on the Playstation and then on the Playstation 2. It scares me to think what the game will look like on the Playstation 3. Once pre-orders go for the PS3 Im paying it all off so when it comes I just walk in and get out! If you look at the specs of the PS3 and the 360, the PS3 is a more powerful machine. And if the demos usually run at half the frame rate does that mean the PS3 games will look even better? The arguement of what system is better is never going to end. Like many articles have said Xbox fans will be Xbox fans and Playstation fans will be Playstation fans.

And Casey I'm not saying you're wrong about your prediction that Revolution will beat out both systems, but when was the last time Nintendo was number one or number two even? Its a long shot.

16. $pvcxGhxztCasey

They'll fly under the rader, like always. I think this time you shouldn't count them out. While Xbox and Sony are trying to out-do each other with unveilings and graphics, what really matters is the gameplay, let's face it. And I don't think Nintendo has let anyone down with gameplay. They have alot of franchises under their helm. What original (successful, popular) titles do Microsoft have? Halo? Am I missing anythin?

What about Sony? Lara Croft? Last game was a huge failure. Prince Of Persia? Last game didn't come close to the gameplay of the first, but it was more popular.

I think we all pay to much attention to the graphics. The average consumer doesn't care about graphics as much as we (hardcore fans?) or reviewers do. They just want good, solid titles.

That's why I think Nintendo will win. Plus it's sexy looking.

17. Pinkin Lark

Well I'll give you that, but what about Metal Gear, the series of that game is amazing. Lara Croft I was never into so it didnt bother me. But what about Ratchet and Clank, or Jak and Daxter? Those games were awesome in both gameplay and graphics. Like some others have said on this forum, without Halo Xbox doesn't have the games to back it up. Sony has the games.

18. $pvcxGhxztCasey

I wouldn't count any system out just yet. Sony only has Metal Gear Solid as a launch title. And I've always found that game really, really, really boring, so whatever. Halo has Halo 3, which even if it is overrated, will probably move a ton of copies.

Xbox has only been around for how long? It's taken Sony 6 years (I believe) to really formulate themselves as a real contender. PS1 was good, yeah, but it hasn't been until the last few years until people have really taken notice, with releases like Snake Eater, San Andreas, Final Fantasy X/XI, etc.

Don't count Xbox out. Or anyone. If Sony brings out something huge, I'll give them credit for it.

19. Pinkin Lark

Yea its any systems game, but its always fun to go back and forth about which will win.

20. Friskey™

Friskey™ LPA Super Member LPA Addict

But then again, don't count out Nintendo. This may be the year for Nintendo consoles. With Revolution joining the online business, it could help it.

Of course, somehow someway it's going to be a tight race no matter what console your rooting for.