LP tracks that shouldn't be on trade lists!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by USAF.07, Apr 19, 2005.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

I posted this on the LP site in my sig too but just thought I'd put it here as well, you may agree/disagree but I'm sick of seeing some of these things as they really aren't "offical LP media" :

Some remixes: Any person with a music editing program can take a song, warp the volume a few times and call it "Joe's supermix", it doesn't take much talent and these songs shouldn't be included. Some DJs like to remix too but unless it's an official remix released by LP (example would be the Crystal Method Remix Of "Points Of Authority") it isn't wise putting this on your lists.

LP covers by obscure artists: Some LP covers are really good and others...well. but of course that varies from listener to listener. The point is it's nearly impossible to collect all these (especially the ones from bands no one has heard of) so it's a losing battle overall but a few covers here and there are worth hearing and keeping, use your own discretion with what you keep though.

Instrumentals!!!: Okay, these are great for karoake and impressing people with how well you know the words but that's about all they should be used for. Not much talent is required in stripping a song of words and putting it in your collection as a "rare instrumental." So again not a good idea to include in any serious collector's lists.

The rare demos you think you may have but...: This is something I see a lot of, people download say "Plaster" off Kazaa and put it all over the place that they have found the rarest LP demo out there without doing much research (maybe they asked one or two people) but doing that undermines their credibility as both a collector and a person because they want to believe they have it so much that they won't listen to other's logic or do the research. The only two potentially rare demos I've seen this with are "Plaster" (which was only available on hybridtheory.com way back in the day) or something claiming to be a "Papercut" demo called "Paranoia" (although it hasn't been confirmed some still swear they have it. I can tell you one thing, unless you followed Linkin Park back around pre 1999/early 2000 or got it somehow from someone who did follow them back then, chances are YOU DON'T HAVE IT.

Sounds ripped from advertisments/websites/shows/etc: As a serious LP mp3 collector I don't care what was ripped from a Russian radio ad promoting Meteora back in 2003, neither should you. The same goes for sounds ripped off any of their DVDs ("Wizard Song" being the exception because that resembles a song somewhat ) but people are taking things too far, everytime a LP plucks a guitar string people rip it, called it "Meteora b-side" and claim they have it, not a good idea either.

The bottom line here is common sense. Collecting these mp3s isn't about who has the most, to me it's about collecting the right ones. You can have 1000s of LP mp3s but still nothing in your collection that people want, the best rule of thumb is to stick with offical LP releases/rare releases and the demos, stay away from the things above and you'll save yourself a lot of time and heartache.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

One question.

If someone has spent years accumulating Linkin Park media, what makes you think that they will listen to you?

Some people care all too much about the fan remixes. Why not have them? Sure some of them are absolutely terrible, but who cares?

These are invaluable, believe me, any covers by other artists like say... Brietner or Dr. Core 911 are in high demand.

I'll agree with you, fan made instumentals suck, but there's plenty of authentic ones from promos and singles. Fan made instrumentals with echoey vocals should be appropriately labeled.

You claim to be "a serious collector" yet you let these slip through your collection. A 'serious collector' keeps everything they can get their hands on. (Fakes excluded). And yes, things ripped from LPTV are Meteora b-sides.

Seems to me like you don't get the whole idea of collecting. Collecting and trading is all a part of getting to know the band better, the music better, and getting more into the music. It's not about how good your files are, or how rare your stuff it. I have more respect for someone who has everything as opposed to just having rarities because it shows that they probably put a lot of time into collecting and indexing.

Please, don't go everywhere and tell everyone what to do. It's their shit and they've most likely worked very hard to get it.

USAF.07

I apologize if it seemed like I was attacking yours or anyone elses hard work in collecting so your post is justified. The nature of my first post should of been more opinionated than fact like sounding but that's not how it should of been presented, I realize that there are many different opinions about this subject, but overall hopefully it can become a good discussion topic and we can get other's inputs as well :)

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I'm sorry as well, that may have come off as harsh. I didn't mean for it to be.. the trading world is a harsh game. :lol:

Lpimp

Lpimp Extremely H! Vltg3

agree agree agree ;)

agree B)

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

i would say Neil owned USAF.07
    everything he said id agree with.

EDIT:
    not sure why you have FTG's name in there. noob.

ALSO! while you go on bashing people and their collections, you go directly against it with your wanted list. hypocrite.

USAF.07

Okay? What wrong with my wanted list? I'm not seeing it in the demos, collaborations, or single/live tracks; are you refering to covers? I never said all covers were bad and some are worth hearing or collecting. The point I brought up is that it's impossible to have every cover by every band. So a example (s) would be nice before you go on the attack and call me a hyprocrite.

As for the FTG comment, I perhaps named it wrong from where ever I got it from but again no reason to get nasty, there is no defined name for that track but I'll change it when I get a chance.

And lastly I had to re-read your post a few times due to the fact that you don't agree with using capital letters or proper sentence structure so you'd be the hyprocrite there in calling me 'noob' as that's the type of posting standard not typical of someone of your post count. :rolleyes:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Just wanted to point out the song is just called Freestyle, the reason you probably have the site name in the title is because when Crewdy released it he asked everyone to keep the filename intact so his site would be credited as where the track originated from, and he put his site name in it.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Calm down kids... sheesh, the darn Interweb these days...

Wow, I have a bunch of the stuff in your wanted list.

USAF.07

Wow I'm here in Qatar serving in the U.S Air Force with no access to P2P or much else for that matter,

I did put that in my site correct?

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

oh, i forgot. the higher the post count, the bigger your penis is. ;)
    post counts dont make you a noob. its the posts that make you a noob. and about the lack of caps and poor sentence struction, last time i checked, this was a forum not an english class. no one cares. honestly. and lets get back on topic.

USAF.07

Okay so one mistake (not even a major one) and automatically I don't know anything?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Whoa, okay, no offense, I was just commenting on your wanted list. Sheesh, don't get on me about it.

Calm down kids! Stop going for the throats and discuss like civilized people. Which, incidentally, are apes.

Pilkington

Pilkington Well-Known Member

Qatar eh? o_0
    Is the US base still on lockdown from that bombing in march?
    Pass over an email address and I can take a few off your want list. :)

matttheskwirl14

matttheskwirl14 Well-Known Member

agree agree agree ;)

agree B) [/b][/quote]
    i agree too

USAF.07

i agree too [/b][/quote]
    well i agree too then! :lol: :shifty: sorry I just had to be a smartass there