What do you think about capital punishment?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Justin, Apr 6, 2005.

?

What is your stance on capital punishment? Vote and/or voice your opinions

1. Capital Punishment is wrong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Capital Punishment is appropriate in some cases

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Capital Punishment is right

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Justin

Justin See you there

I know it sounds stupid, but i need some time to deliberate my own choice

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

capital punishment is wrong, even in the most severe cases the perosn should just be locked up for life. Give them a chance to really see how they stuffed up there own and others lives.

Link

Link lolwut

Meh, I don't care much. On one hand, you can say that murderers/rapists deserve to die for what they've done. On the other hand, if you're an intelligent person, you'd much rather die then spend the rest of your life locked up with a bunch of huge men named Bubba.

I'll go with "It's appropriate in some cases".

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

I think its right in some cases but what happens if the judge decided someone was guilty- and they got the death sentance and the judge was wrong? Doesn't that amke the judge as bad as a real murderer afterall he did kill an innocent person?

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I say it depends on the crime. If a guy kills one person, I think he should just be locked up for life. On the other hand, if a guy slaughters 20 people and mounts their skulls on his bed posts, then he should be put to death by firing squad.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

I put it was appropriate in some cases. It should only be used when proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the person committed the crime; I don't support the extreme stance that Bush takes on it though, wanting to execute minors and such. It should only be used if the person is 18 or older, without question committed a horrific murder or mass murder of innocents, and if the victims family (ies) seek that type of punishment.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Appropiate in certain cases.

Although it sickens me how so many innocent people get sent to death row. I read about it in the paper, how a university class in New Hampshire (I think, maybe it was someone else), studied the cases of a fex texas death-row inmates and discovered through investigation and whatnot that some of the men were indeed innocent, and they were set free. If one class of 50 students can make a difference like that, imagine hundreds or thousands. Somebody should not be sent to death row over circumstantial evidence, they should only be sentenced to death via DNA testing or a non-coersed confession.

Stuey_345

Stuey_345 Well-Known Member

I abstained from voting.
    I am for capitol punishment in appropriate cases. I feel if you take life, you should be punished by death. The lowest thing in my mind is harm to a child. Child molestors should definitly be given the death penalty. However, i dont trust our court system to make all the right choices that are needed when considering such a serious judgement.

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

It needs to be gone. Really, it does. Think about it, if someone kills someone, why should that person be killed for it? Aren't executioners pretty much living in contradiction by doing that? On the other hand, I wouldn't want to have to have my money go to help the person live who killed someone, but I would rather have them suffer for it in the long run. However, in the end, injecting them with something would probably cost more for them than to keep the person living in jail. I would rather watch the person rot in prison than die quickly and get it over with. I just think the death penalty is unjust in some ways, but that's just me.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

only in really severe cases, like a huge mass murder anything like rape AND muder, should be like 120 years in prison :p

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Appropriate in certain situations.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I'm in stark opposition. I think two murders are much worse than one. Let them rot in prison if they've done something sick.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

i'll just say it depends on the severity of the act upon which this punishment is placed. i'm not sure ... undecided.

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

I used to be for capital punishment, but not anymore. I beleive heavily in 'Thou Shalt Not Kill.' I think it is up to us to keep dangerous people locked up for the safety of others, but only God has the authority to ultimately judge people.