sex & marriage

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Il inno di morte, Apr 5, 2005.

Link

Link lolwut

And who says it's a sin? huh? Maybe the bible says so, maybe the koran says so, but if those books are not true and irrelevant in the eyes of others it means it's not a sin to them. No one can say it's a fact that sex before merriage is a sin because it's based on a relegious book. Religion or belief is not a fact, it's an opinion [/b][/quote]
    That's exactly what I said, Leones! Hah. I said that in terms of Christianity, it's a sin. In terms of your own mind and beliefs, it's whatever your mind/beliefs say it is. I wasn't saying that it's wrong no matter who you are. I was saying it's wrong in terms of the Bible and Christianity. But I'm not trying to convert anyone or to be too preachy, so I'm done with this subject.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

I think it's a good idea to stop posting these kind of threads. These threads leading to controversy on religion is inevitable. People have their own beliefs, and for a large amount of them, their views are from their religion. If you want to avoid threads turning into a religion war, then stop posting these kind of threads. Everyone is trying to defend their beliefs according to what they believe in and it goes in one big circle going nowhere. You know this topic is controversial and WILL end up in arguments among others. As for me, Im not gonna say cause many of you probably know my stance, and it will only cause more problems.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

its right and wrong, i do belive its NOT a sin, but i also do belive its wrong to have it before marrige. its wrong(to my opinon) to have sex with out knowning its safe(or u can"control"), its ok if you know what could happen...

LPfreaK1852

LPfreaK1852 Well-Known Member

if you are very religious than yeah its a sin. but if you dont have sex, in my OPINION, how are you suppose to know if you are getting married to someone who will keep company. ( u know what i mean)

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

I think it's a good idea to stop posting these kind of threads. These threads leading to controversy on religion is inevitable. People have their own beliefs, and for a large amount of them, their views are from their religion. If you want to avoid threads turning into a religion war, then stop posting these kind of threads. Everyone is trying to defend their beliefs according to what they believe in and it goes in one big circle going nowhere. You know this topic is controversial and WILL end up in arguments among others. As for me, Im not gonna say cause many of you probably know my stance, and it will only cause more problems. [/b][/quote]
    It is only a problem when people cannot differentiate their own views with that of their religion, and when they cannot accept the viewpoints of others without any bias.

Unfortunately in most cases that ability comes with age.

A discussion about religion can certainly be done without any frustration or anything.. Except when one cannot accept others views, and begins to apply religious concepts on non-religious stuff, since that can only work if the other person has the same religion, but then, why would they have a discussion about it?

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

It is only a problem when people cannot differentiate their own views with that of their religion, and when they cannot accept the viewpoints of others without any bias.

Unfortunately in most cases that ability comes with age.

A discussion about religion can certainly be done without any frustration or anything.. Except when one cannot accept others views, and begins to apply religious concepts on non-religious stuff, since that can only work if the other person has the same religion, but then, why would they have a discussion about it? [/b][/quote]
    You're absolutely right. I'm just trying to say that after this thread many of the people here will look at some of us differently than they used to before. Maybe in a good way, maybe in a bad way, but I jsut don't like the way this is going. That's why I'm leaving this topic right now. See you guys on teh boards.

*exits quietly*

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't really believe in sins...well...I believe you can do wrong, but I don't believe one can go to hell for doing wrong since I don't believe in hell. The true result of sins are how you view yourself and how others view you. If you've done wrong, you don't go to hell but you have to accept the consequences of possible alienation and criticism from others.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Sin is when you violate your own moral code. For Christians, they have theirs written in a book. Mine is not. Sex before marriage is not in contradiction with my moral code. It's not a sin if I partake in sexual activities before marriage. If my mind and body feel ok (and safe) doing it, I will (with my partner).

And I think debate/argument is healthy. If people aren't responsible enough to attack ideas and not individuals, then they shouldn't debate. Other than that, bring on the debate.

[Th3 Wkng De@d]

[Th3 Wkng De@d] Banned

I think you're better off having sexual intercourse after you're married. It's not my religion or anything, because, hell, I'm an atheist. But, seriously, people end up fucking themselves up because of choosing to have premarital sex.

But it's their decision, not mine...

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

If it is a sin then I am gonna be in Satan's den :lol:

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Sex is part of a good relationship, so a couple should definitely have sex before marriage. But althoguh if i met a girl who didn't want to have sex until marriage i would respect her wishes.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Good view. :) Agreed.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

CHANGED: mostly on the girls wants and needs

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

This topic is changing into a bigger debate than I thought it would be.=0
    People have different views on this topic, and I respect every individuals thinking, so I won't have a say in this, cause I don't want to be found run over some sex-crazed maniac!! :whistle:

EDIT::I hope no one is offended :lol:

Il inno di morte

Il inno di morte A noi si schiude il ciel...

And why should we get offended? don't worry, you know everybody has a different point of view. we may not like all of them, but as you said, we respect them. that's why this thread was made, to hear your comments. but if you don't feel comfortable enough to post it it's fine :lol:

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

And why should we get offended? don't worry, you know everybody has a different point of view. we may not like all of them, but as you said, we respect them. that's why this thread was made, to hear your comments. but if you don't feel comfortable enough to post it it's fine :lol: [/b][/quote]
    exactly.

aki*lp

Bahh, haha I am thirteen I have no clue about this stuff :innocent:

--------------
    Beautiful, beverly hills and now numb/ encore.

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

Then you need to get l.. uhm never mind, ask your classmates :innocent:

fallenangel

fallenangel Well-Known Member

ok since i plan never to get married and have had this view for many years, i would have to be a nun for the rest of my life! no thank you! but anyone who wants to wait before marrage, then i think thats just great. it means that they have good morals. i was in my relationship for some time before going all the way and that was right for me!

good topic though!

aki*lp

@Dissillusion-- Need to what :innocent: ?