sex & marriage

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Il inno di morte, Apr 5, 2005.

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

If a couple decide not to have sex before marriage, there is nothing wrong with that. Everybody's entitled to their own opinions and their own beliefs after all.

However, I think sex before marriage is not something good nor bad, just something that's a given. It's exactly the same as trying to walk before you run. Or trying to dance before you go up to a girl on the dancefloor. You have to be able to do it in practice, instead of theory only.

And sex is just like any other experience in life, you have to enjoy it to the fullest and get every possible thing out of it.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

That's pretty much what I was trying to say, but in a nice way. So now that we're being rude, I'll elaborate. If you're talking sin in terms of Christianity(and not just what's right or wrong in your own mind), then it IS a sin, I don't give a fuck what you say. It's not just 'not a sin' because you want it to be. Just like Omar A said. [/b][/quote]
    And who says it's a sin? huh? Maybe the bible says so, maybe the koran says so, but if those books are not true and irrelevant in the eyes of others it means it's not a sin to them. No one can say it's a fact that sex before merriage is a sin because it's based on a relegious book. Religion or belief is not a fact, it's an opinion

the_king_of_all

the_king_of_all LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

agreed. its basicly wether you believe it to be right or not to wether you do it. i mean in my eyes i have no problem with it what so ever, but i can understand that other people think differntly and i respect that because my thoughts are also just an opinion.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I agree. In my opinion, its not a sin. So don't go calling me or anyone else a fucktard, because if thats the direction you want to take this thread, then it will be locked and warnings handed out if neccesary.

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

No, its okay, I understand the misenterpritation. But yes, I did mean that I don't feel that its a sin in my eyes, but I know perfectly well it is a sin to Christianity.

LPro

LPro Well-Known Member

I think that's everybody's own bussiness. If they want to wait... good for them. If they want to do it... good for them as well.

Personally i don't care if it's a sin or not. I'm ALL pro it lol and I want to live my life to the fullest. I don't mean i'll be sleeping with any girl i meet, but i have a g/f who makes all my dreams come true :p

I think sex before marriage is necessary in the way that you do NOT compleately know your partner until there has been some kind of intimacy. What if you're not sexually compatible with your g/b friend and you get married to them...? Yup a compleate honeymoon fiasco lol

Il inno di morte

Il inno di morte A noi si schiude il ciel...

No, its okay, I understand the misenterpritation. But yes, I did mean that I don't feel that its a sin in my eyes, but I know perfectly well it is a sin to Christianity. [/b][/quote]
    We all may have different points of view because we dont practice the same religion, but mainly because of our beliefs. I believe there arent any rules to follow, but there are certain limits. but i believe it's the couple's desition. If they feel comfortable with it, fine. We might regret this, but we are humans, we all make mistakes. But personally, I wouldn't have sex before marriage, but those are just my beliefs. I think it shouldn't be taken lightly. I believe its a really special moment you share with your life mate. the person who'll be the mother/father of your kids, that person who will be willing to help you, comfort you, understand you and love you forever. No matter what happens, she/he'll be sharing all the tearts, the pain, the laughter, the great moments life has to give. i believe that's all i have to say since it can't be entirely described by words, but those are just my beliefs. What's the hurry, anyway?
    and yeah, for the bible it is a sin.

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

*sighs*

you all pretty much know my thoughts on this subject. but i shall state them for some of the newer kids.

Sex is something that should be saved for the bounds of marriage. Sex isnt just something you do with anyone you want anytime you want. Having sex within the relationship will probably lead to its doom. And then you find another relationship and become sexually active again. By the time we all start to think about sex we have already come 15-16 years into it with out becomming sexually active. so why cant we just wait till marriage which usually comes around 21-23 years. we've already come half way. and when you do get married dont you want to know that "hey he/she hasnt had sex with anyone else. im the first one".

I also believe that sex before marriage is a sin. no matter what.

I am saying all this based on my believes and what the Bible says. For i am a Christian. and I choose to wait.

D_A_V_I_D

D_A_V_I_D Pure Pwnage

Totally agreed

Jon[athan]

Totally agreed [/b][/quote]
    :mellow: wow...someone agreed with me instead of trying to start an argument....awesome. ^_^

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

A 'sin' is an experience which some people withhold from themselves without any real reason. And, as such, it is given a name and because they withhold it from themselves, those people believe that others should do it too, because that is the basis of the very fact that they do it themselves.

Religion.. full of circles.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

i say, do what you think is right. doesnt matter to me. im not a bible thumper so i could care less about pre-marital sex..

Jon[athan]

no. a sin is something that we believe to be wrong. and therefore we strive to not do it. but it is not possible to go through life with out sinning. thats something that makes me sick. people automatically think that hey he/she is a christian so they are perfect and way better than we are. no we arent. we arent better, we are just forgiven.

but im done. i dont want to turn this into another religion wars thread.

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

no. a sin is something that we believe to be wrong. and therefore we strive to not do it. but it is not possible to go through life with out sinning. thats something that makes me sick. people automatically think that hey he/she is a christian so they are perfect and way better than we are. no we arent. we arent better, we are just forgiven.

but im done. i dont want to turn this into another religion wars thread. [/b][/quote]
    I really have to disagree with you.

In the context of religion, then yes, a 'sin' is something that the religion believes to be wrong. But, the concept of a 'sin' is only accapliable in religion. And as such, a 'sin' is something one would not do out of a religious belief that that action is wrong.

Those religious people withhold themselves experiences because their religion basically dictates what's wrong and what's not. Wich is different for every religion and usually differs somewhat per person following these religions as well. But still. With the more opressive/dictatorious religions in as far as right and wrong goes, for example Christianity or Islam, followers of these religions can not/will not do certain things because they are seen as wrong, from the religion's point of view. As such, they won't experience it and as such, most often they will want other people to not experience it as well.

They can't have it, why should others?

And if they were to question *why* they can't have it, the answer would be 'because its a sin'. And if they were to question *why* its a sin, the answer would be 'because it's wrong'. And if they were to question *why* its wrong, the answer would be 'because its a sin'. etcetc.

But those are my views. Never the less, I do want to make a general statement:

Concepts born out of religion such as 'sins' can not and should not be used outside of the religious context, imo, they simply do not belong there. If one *does* apply religious concepts on other contexts, then the whole concept of 'we are superior' and 'they should be converted' and 'non-<enterreligion> people are immoral' things pop up, which is immaterial to any discussion and most certainly serves no useful purpose whatsoever other then fulfulling some probably need to affirm people's beliefs to themselves.

However, something *can* be morally or spiritually untasty according to one's own viewpoints. It should *not* be called a 'sin' however, since it's only personal preference.

Jon[athan]

alright enough DiSiLLUSiON. lets agree to keep it on topic. i really dont feel like starting another "lets flame each other about our views on religion" thread.

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

</overly-religious topic>

Guys, If there's one thing I've learned in life it's this:

Never discuss politics or religion in civilized conversation.

Il inno di morte

Il inno di morte A noi si schiude il ciel...

let's just go back to the original topic so we don't end up killing each other, ok?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

So you want us to go at eachother's throats with knives and shit while talking about this then? :lol:

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

So you want us to go at eachother's throats with knives and shit while talking about this then? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

*refraise*

ALL conversation

(and no...that doesn't mean I want you to discuss it telepathically.)

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

It's not a sin to have sex before marriage, but use common sense and be responsible.