CUIDADO

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by bubsterPK, Apr 5, 2003.

bubsterPK

bubsterPK Member

I don't know if this has been talked about or not, i haven't seen it and im a regular. So i was in the hospital today and you know the wet floor signs? well it said"Caution Wet Floor" then above that it said another translation "Cuidado Piso" then it said something for floor but i cant remember but Cuidado means Caution. Just thought id share with you guys and the word cuidado is in the Meteora book if you were wonderin what the hell i was talkin about.

PEACE

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I bet that the sign said, "Cuidado Piso Mojado" or something like that. Cuidado also means be careful (the same). Yea, me too, I saw it. It's on page 6 of the booklet if you want a closer look. They also have "Work in Progress". And that means the that zone is underconstruction so cuidado...

MaDd BoKo 03

MaDd BoKo 03 Banned

Ciduado means "city" in Spanish..I speak spanish...thank god for College courses in school lol :)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Uh, no... *pulls out Spanish/English dictionary* "Cuidado" is "caution," "ciudad" is "city."

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

ciudad - pronounced see-you-dad with the "a" in dad sounding like the "a" in "ah" means city

cuidado - pronounced kwi-dad-o ("a" as in "ah" again) means caution or careful

Cuidado: Piso Mojado means Caution: Wet Floor

.Neo_Fox///

.Neo_Fox/// Well-Known Member

Werd, I take Espanol too. I thought it was a street sign that said Culda dr. or something, maybe I'm thinking of something else?...

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

not actually a street sign. just a sign. a warning. cuidado.

ciudado means that you live in a place. like "Yo estoy ciudado en los EE.UU." That's what I know. I'm from Santo Domigo, Republica Dominicana, in other words, Dominican Republic...

StreetSoldier52

StreetSoldier52 Member

I am amazingly fluent in spanish (being Hispanic). So if anyone needs any help with translations or what a word means in Spanish, please do not hesitate to direct your questions to me.
    :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

not actually a street sign. just a sign. a warning. cuidado.

ciudado means that you live in a place. like "Yo estoy ciudado en los EE.UU." That's what I know. I'm from Santo Domigo, Republica Dominicana, in other words, Dominican Republic... [/b][/quote]
    Yo estoy ciudado en los Estados Unidos" doesn't make any sense at all. "I am city in the United States"?

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Yo estoy ciudado en los Estados Unidos" doesn't make any sense at all. "I am city in the United States"? [/b][/quote]
    yes. it does. i'm spanish. ciudado doesn't mean city, it means that you live in a city or are located somewhere. maybe in other spanish country that word means city, but from what I know is where you live. where are you from?

StreetSoldier52

StreetSoldier52 Member

Cuidad is city and cuidado is caution, let's get that straight first of all. Number 2, Darken Hybrid, although i've never heard anyone say "i am ciudado in *insert place here*", that's how you have learned to say it and i believe it is correct, but altogether a bit too formal. Need I remind all that spanish varies from place to place, country to country.

LPD_63

LPD_63 New Member

yes. it does. i'm spanish. ciudado doesn't mean city, it means that you live in a city or are located somewhere. maybe in other spanish country that word means city, but from what I know is where you live. where are you from? [/b][/quote]
    No, Cuidado means Be Careful, Ur thinkin bout Ciudadano (see-you-dahd-dah-noh) that means citizen

Lets recap, Shall we:

-Cuidado (Kuwi-dad-doh)~ Caution, Be Careful
    -Ciudad (See-you-dahd)~ City
    -Ciudadano (see-you-dahd-dah-noh)~ Person that lives in the city, Citizen

;)

ChaoX

ChaoX Well-Known Member

what does this as to do with LP!? :mellow: ..... it's just a stupid word!! that means be careful nothin more!! ;)

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Chester wrote it on the big Art Wall.

ChaoX

ChaoX Well-Known Member

oohhh.....sorry :mellow: didn't read well the first post ......

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

yes, a word can vary its meaning by the countries. btw, where are you from?