Serial Killer Motivated by Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Milanthis

Milanthis Active Member

ye, he is. Without being psycho no one could kill I guess.
    Anyway, just the music itself can't motivate anyone to kill.

TheChase

TheChase Well-Known Member

allright this story really kicked me out of my seat. what the hell is going on dude? how can you blame music for the shit you have done? i dont really think that music can be the only reason for shit like that. i mean of course linkin park is not a totally positive band and their lyrics are not about how to get a date or how to skateboard or bull****. but i dont get how these can influence someone that he's going to kill other people? this fact wont get in my head, no way.

and i really hope that he won't call a song from linkin park, which made him murder. cause this song will be downloaded off like a bitch by scary parents and the same shit that happened to slipknot years before will happen to linkin park. word!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I think maybe LP's music got his adrenaline running and he used his adrenaline for acts of murder,I doubt it had any hand in an 'influence' to kill someone.Shocking news nontheless.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

ya

And i bet he was listening to Papercut.

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

Wow, that's pretty disturbing...

peripeteia

peripeteia Ambient

this is pretty sick.

everyone knows that LP's lyrics though might seem negative on first sight, but on a closer look they're pretty positive (BTH,SIB) etc and theres no profanity in there.

music doent kill people. its the people who manipulates them used it to kill.

hybrid_soldier

hybrid_soldier Well-Known Member

He is a sick sick man, but i kinda feel sorry for him too. I wish that girls wouldnt have to do prostitution but killing them well killing anyone is no were near the answer. Also music does not influence you, i believe that its bullshit to say so. Also i don't get what part of Linkin Parks music makes you want to kill somone :mellow:

LP4ever

LP4ever Well-Known Member

this news is definitely ridiculous.. i mean, yeah, sometimes music has influences on people, but if the influence is positive or negative, it really depends on the person. back to this case, lp write a lot of dark lyrics, but many of them have positive messages behind. besides, just like what you guys say, that dude is a psycho, even if he doesn't listen to lp, he will go and kill people too.. so lp shouldn't be blamed

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

ye, he is. Without being psycho no one could kill I guess.
    Anyway, just the music itself can't motivate anyone to kill. [/b][/quote]
    Okay Noob,you have an edit feature use it so that you don't doublepost

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

LOL I thought Serial Killer was a band.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

I'd just like to say that anyone that is going "LP can't have motivated him, etc." are just being stupid. HE SAID THAT LP DID SO YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH THAT! :mellow:

Ivana

Ivana Extremely H! Vltg3

Just hope that this wont make any problems to Metallica and LP.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Okay Noob,you have an edit feature use it so that you don't doublepost [/b][/quote]
    And you need to chill out.

Keredan

Keredan Member

I. Am. Pissed. I'm not sure what to describe this as. Is it a scapegoat? Because I'm pretty sure alomst everyone here agrees with me that LP could NOT influence to kill. Some have said that the music just might have pumped him to kill, but that doesn't give him a reason to go off and blame all these bands. I was disturbed by this, as the music video for Crawling came on my TV as I read this. I won't be surprised if Metallica and LP get some major news wave and how they're "INFLUENCING TO KILL! OMG!11!1!1ONE!!1" I will be seriously PISSED if my favorite band that changed my life is banned from the people because of this ONE IDIOT. If Metallica and Linkin Park start getting some bad heat because of this disturbed man I will...well of course...there's nothing we can do. But, hell, I'm ready to defend Linkin Park if needed.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

The guy was messed up. I dont know why he had to bring musical influences into this, but here's to hoping that he gets help, and RIP to the victims.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Thank you, captain overdramatic.

Link

Link lolwut

*hasn't read all th posts in this topic, and apologizes if anyone has already said this/ thing related*

Greeat. Just what we, as LP fans, need. Now all the haters can say "See? LP drives people to murder!" or similar ******** crap.

Keredan

Keredan Member

Thank you, captain overdramatic. [/b][/quote]
    ^^;; I suppose I was a little melodramatic there. But, I wasn't in a good mood when I found out about this anyways so... XP Anyways, thanks for making me feel dumb. ^^;; *Gives Thumbs Up* I suppose I was a little over the top, but that's because I just don't want people starting to think that Linkin Park is a band inspiring people to kill all of a sudden.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

^^;; I suppose I was a little melodramatic there. But, I wasn't in a good mood when I found out about this anyways so... XP Anyways, thanks for making me feel dumb. ^^;; *Gives Thumbs Up* I suppose I was a little over the top, but that's because I just don't want people starting to think that Linkin Park is a band inspiring people to kill all of a sudden. [/b][/quote]
    Only fools will think that LP's music will inspire people to kill, but its something that you can't control so i wouldn't worry about it.

Keredan

Keredan Member

Only fools will think that LP's music will inspire people to kill, but its something that you can't control so i wouldn't worry about it. [/b][/quote]
    I know I can't control it, I just overeacted and worry about things too much. ^^;; I really hope that this doesn't get blown out of proportion though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.