the gay thread

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by linkin park psycho, Feb 28, 2005.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

Did you completley disregard my post about the Crusades?

Oh, and how about pro-life Christains who bomb abortion clinics? The abortion doctors refuse to follow their pro-life beliefs, so they get killed. [/b][/quote]
    ah, working the christian stereotype again, huh? those people are radicals, do you think all pro-life christians bomb abortion clinics? and the crusades... its different when a corrupt leader sends you to battle, and when your doctrine sends you.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

ah, working the christian stereotype again, huh? those people are radicals, do you think all pro-life christians bomb abortion clinics? and the crusades... its different when a corrupt leader sends you to battle, and when your doctrine sends you. [/b][/quote]
    Making excuses, eh? Its horrible when other religions kill Christains because they refuse to convert, but when Christains do the same to others, its just a corrupt leader, not the fault of the entire religion :rolleyes:

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

Making excuses, eh? Its horrible when other religions kill Christains because they refuse to convert, but when Christains do the same to others, its just a corrupt leader, not the fault of the entire religion :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    "Fight against such as those who have been given the Scripture and believe not in Allah" Surah 9:29

is there anything like that in the Bible?

Todd

"Fight against such as those who have been given the Scripture and believe not in Allah" Surah 9:29

is there anything like that in the Bible? [/b][/quote]
    Dunno, couldn't tell you. If I wanted to read a book filled with contradictions and lies, I think Bill O'Reilly wrote a book. Might be a bit more entertaining

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

Dunno, couldn't tell you. If I wanted to read a book filled with contradictions and lies, I think Bill O'Reilly wrote a book. Might be a bit more entertaining [/b][/quote]
    then I cant help you, and I advise you NOT to talk about what you don't understand.

Todd

then I cant help you, and I advise you NOT to talk about what you don't understand. [/b][/quote]
    I never asked for your help, thanks though.

Oh, and please don't say I don't understand it. You don't seem to understand that Christains are just as guilty as other religions when it comes to murdering nonbelievers

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

One word: Crusades [/b][/quote]
    i was thinking the exact same thing.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Once again, I would like to remind all of you that this is not a thread about religion. Now get back on topic, you bunch of lilypickers.

DruSilla

DruSilla Member

no offence really, but how great would life be if it was that simple.??? if it was that black and white??? if everybody really would have the power to choose their feelings we all could live happily ever after.
    i just don't think that's how life goes. Sometimes you just don't have the power to control your feelings. if so why would i choose willingly to be sad or angry even if i know that these feelings hurt or are upsetting??? so what i am doing wrong when i feel sad or angry or whatsoever although i would have the power to control my feelings and i don't like being sad or angry???

<!--QuoteBegin--Leones
    @Mar 2 2005, 08:56 AM

Another thing. Why do some people feel and say being hetero is normal and being gay or bi is less normal or even wrong? Being gay or being bi just as normal as being hetero. Because there are more straight people doesn't mean being straight is the best way to go.
    [/quote]

it's the majority who decides what is wrong or right. it's the majority who decides what is normal or not normal. If the majority is straight than that's normal. and everybody that's not straight (and doesnt belong to the majority) is not normal. it'S sad and frustrating if you ask me, but that's how it is.
    ppl say everybody is equal but at the same time a lot of these ppl treat gay or lesbians a lil less equal. that's simply being hypocrite. so straight ppl are more equal cos they love a person of the other gender? i don't think so!!!!there simply isnt sth like more or less equal!!!
    gay or lesbian ppl are as normal and equal as straight people and they should be treated like the normal ppl they are!!!
    if you ask me, i don't think that you can control or influence if youre heterosexual or homosexual.u just simply are like one or the other. i happen to be straight, but i didnt decided it for myself. and i think that you should never ever define or judge a person (you know who somebody is...sorry, i dunno the right english term for that!) by if that person is straight or gay/lesbian. i dont care if the person next to me loves somebody from the same gender! if they are happy and in love i'm more than fine with it!!!
    plus i dont think that you fall in love with somebodys gender. you fall in love with a person. at least that's what happens to me.
    and who am i to judge if loving somebody from the same gender is wrong and not normal??who am i to tell ppl how they should feel and whom they should fall in love with???

(edited it cos of typing mistakes. :blush: )

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

yeah and that's what's sad, People shouldn't decide what's normal and what's not though I guess it is the best way cos it's the best we can get. If only people were more open minded and loyal, more people would be considered as being 'normal'.
    I consider myself as normal..
    So I support the people who are open, and accept and value someone else for who he or she is.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yes. But sadly religious beliefs are often tied into opinions about homosexuality so it's kinda hard to avoid, you know?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I agree, Mark, but this thread went completely off-topic after i started explaining my beliefs (and consequently, after Todd started bitching).

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Making excuses? It's a pretty valid excuse in my opinion. You can't accurately judge the morals or hypocrisy of an entire religion, especially as big a one as Christianity, based on the actions of a drastic minority of radicals/fundamentalists. That's the very same logic and rationale that claims that all Muslims are terrorists.

All of us are sinners? By who's standard? By who's judgement? God's? I think not. I live by my own values, and hold my own moral code. I do not follow another entities'. According to my standards and my values, I'm not a sinner, and I refuse to let anyone or anything else tell me that I am. Only when I betray MY values and MY moral code do I sin. You'll be perfect when you die? You'll be perfectly dead. I choose to cherish this world. I don't wish to segregate my body and spirit.