Judge Denies LP Poster Trademark Case

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Mar 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Linkin Park's Worshipper

Linkin Park's Worshipper Banned

Oh my god, isn't that judge too freaky ;) ? I just finished reading the whole article, and I am feeling pretty disgusted :angry: , with 99 questions buzzing in my brain. Here's just 2 of them (I'm sure you don't need the rest :blush: ).

First of all, come on, why compare <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Linkin Park
    with <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Beckham?? Like "Hello!" this is music, not soccer! & Mr. Beckham doesn't need 'trademarks' and 'logos' for his "image", even his wife :teehee: , a musician, doesn't need those!

Secondly, just why the hell would Linkin Park's level of popularity or something matter anywhere???
    Man, I have never heard of any case regarding "popular" people before where their popularity has to be questioned and used as a backdrop for denying their rights to secure their names!

Let's just screw the poor judge who should take a break and listen to "Hit the floor", "Easier to run" & "From the Inside". But at the same time I just can't understand why Linkin Park's lawyer(s) had to lose the deal... this case is not the first of its kind and many bands had problems like these before... & the LP lawyer(s) should have done this case much before, it's kinda late already.

Anyways, what's done is done, and I guess it is actually upto us, the real buyers of LP posters, to keep off from illegal LP goodies and refrain from buying some!!!

[ Q: even if those posters are damn good and cheap???
    A: ummm......... :innocent: may be not! :p
    Wait, let me ask the judge (w00t) ] </span></span>

cindy_lp

cindy_lp Banned

I don't buy anything unoffical of the band because it's not fair to Linkin Park. That's why I wanted to see what that maximum cd was. I hadn't seen it on their site, so I asked if anyone here knew about it. It being unofficial, I didn't buy it. It's not fair they can't trademark their name. I'd continue fighting it if it were me.

lnkn_drgn_prk

lnkn_drgn_prk Well-Known Member

Yeah, It's no different than artists bitching about us making CD-R/MP3s of their music from a free site. We can't (legally) do that, so why should anyone be able to legally sell unofficial posters (or DVDs for that matter)? :angry:

Hopefully, (no offence to any of my m8s in the UK) the US Surpreme Court has better sense. At least that would make it illegal here in the states. (I think)

<!--QuoteBegin--JJ87
    @ Mar 3 2005, 02:04 PM
    i can see why LP are peeved but even if they did get a trademark on their name people would still scam them![/quote]

Yeah, that is true, but atleast LP's lawyers can take them to court and punish them.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I love how many of you are backing LP up, considering that basically all this is, is like a money-hungry attempt at stopping counterfeitting when it won't stop. I swear, them actually taking this to court is beyond reasonable, other bands deal with it, why can't they?

Black_Roses

Black_Roses Well-Known Member

that like really sucks bigtime

Tomi

Tomi &nbsp; LPA Addict

That's just bullshit. They should be able to trademark their name.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

I don't see why they should be able to. If one band does, then why not everyone else and people start trademarking

"50 Cent"

and

"Green Day"

Terms which can be used outside of their musical beings.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

We're talking about posters, not everday terms.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

We're talking about posters, not everday terms. [/b][/quote]
    yes i know. But suddenly when artists start trademarking their names for use on posters. What happens when people want to use those terms for another purpose.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

yes i know. But suddenly when artists start trademarking their names for use on posters. What happens when people want to use those terms for another purpose.[/b][/quote]
    They'd trademark it for use on non-authorized goods. For example, not only posters, but hats, clothing, keychains, etc. Nobody should be making money off the name that they thought up and made into a commercial success. They created the fame behind the name, and no other people besides themselves should be making a profit off of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.