Breaking The Habit: Suicide Note?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Mark, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    bubsterPK

bubsterPK Member

I think your theory about suicide is right, because if it wasn't something like that, it wouldn't take Mike that long to write it, maybe he wanted it to be perfect, like in the memory of his friend if he did kill himself. The paint it on the walls being about blood sounds good too, i mean what else would it be, i know Mike is an artist, but why would he write about? It makes perfect sense to me. and if somehow we find out thats not the meaning of the song, it will still have a new meaning to me, and i will listen to it in a different way now.

PEACE

Ninnut85

Ninnut85 Well-Known Member

I think the 'paint it on the walls' is more of a metaphor rather than to be taken literally.
    I think it means that he didn't hide that fact he was cutting himself in fact he tried to show people by 'painting it the walls' to let people see but still people didn't notice.
    Well just my opinion anyway

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Haha, you made my name bold. Trying to make a statement? :chemist:

---

Now that I think about it... Derek and Mark are right. It's subliminally about suicide because it doesn't come right out and say that, but it's not about Chester. [/b][/quote]
    Now now WILL stay on topic mate :p

Anyway. If this DOES get released as a single...I reckon there will be one heck of a lot of b***hing from the media.

The media nowadays need things to blame. Such as they blame gun-deaths and drug use on hip-hop, it's the same here...if there's a [co-incidential] rise in suicides...they'll probably blame a song that may be abot sucicide. In this case being Breaking the habit.

And what will happen after that all starts...Bans...and lots of them <_<
    Not bans here...I mean normal song bans-even though there is not one curse word in sight.

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

Whoa... :huh: I never even thought it could be about suicide...

[malevolent]

[malevolent] Member

yes, all of you could be right because if i remember in an interview or something, Linkin Park writes their songs so they can mean something different to each person.
    the songs also have something to do with something from their life too.

patty

patty New Member

oh,i never thought about this before :p

InMyOwnSummer6

InMyOwnSummer6 New Member

Man, thas freaky. I was looking over the lyrics and listening to this song, and I had a thought that it was about suicide, and here you all are discussing it! Wonderful :D

broken habit

broken habit New Member

Ok, I've heard the song about a thousand times by now and I'm starting to think it's probably about suicide. I think it was because of the fact it took Mike so long to write this. The lyrics definately do resemble suicide.

Another thing i don't think has been brought up yet is how the song builds and builds until the end where it fades away really quicky....Let me know what u think.

Rybullet

Rybullet Well-Known Member

I think it is more about Mike and somethin he used to do when he was younger.......

I'll Paint It On The Walls
    I think this means that he started to get into art to get his mind off of things.............

Who knows, maybe Mike :mike: had a serious prblem when he was younger that he is embarrassed to talk about....... Not everyone is like Chester :chaz: and tells about their bad past........... Just a theory, but LPFan05's make a lot of sense too..... :shifty:

htnerad

htnerad Active Member

but see Mike has been wanting to write BTH for what 6 years now? so it could very well be something personal. and ask for the suicide thing, i got that as well, the gunshot too. i can relate to this song more than any of their others. and no, im not a cutter. i think it is their best song on Meteroa. and almost all of their songs have an ominious poetic feel to them so that everyone can relate to the song but everyone has a different intepretation and relation to the song. ya know?

-Shaun :mike:

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

i think drugs, but thats just me

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I think the song definitely relates to suicide. Note how I said "relates."
    As it's been said before, most of LPs songs can be interpreted differently. I think that's one of the reasons they're so popular.

Someone asked why Chester sings most of it if it's about Mike's friend. Well, from the whole way the song sounds, imagine how awkward it would sound with rapping in it. It's taken him 6 years to write, and I guess he wanted it represented in the best way possible. Mike also wrote the lyrics to My December, but Chester sings most of that.

Thankfully, Mike said BTH won't be released as a single, so the media probably won't have their field day.

Didn't the media make some big deal about LP being responsible for a school shooting, since the kid listened to their music? I think I read that somewhere awhile back...

Lyn

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

yes, they blamed the one in Santa Fe/ Santa Monico (Santa _____?, it was in California) on One Step Closer. bastards.

OggeM

OggeM Ambient

yes, they blamed the one in Santa Fe/ Santa Monico (Santa _____?, it was in California) on One Step Closer. bastards. [/b][/quote]
    yeah, if someone kill someone you can not blame a band

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

:lol:

Where are the references to doing drugs?

R'KADE

R'KADE Banned

yes, they blamed the one in Santa Fe/ Santa Monico (Santa _____?, it was in California) on One Step Closer. bastards. [/b][/quote]
    Holy Crap I Didn't Know that :eek:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Holy Crap I Didn't Know that :eek: [/b][/quote]
    Holy Crap Stop Typing Like This Or I'll Give You A Warning

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Holy Crap Stop Typing Like This Or I'll Give You A Warning [/b][/quote]
    lol, Kade, I told you dude.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

:lol: