Politics and LP

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by USAF.07, Feb 11, 2005.

USAF.07

USAF.07 Well-Known Member

Reading a lot of ppl's opinions on this site I think it's safe to say that most of LP's fans are very left leaning and dislike Bush which is cool, I'm glad to be associated with you then, but does anyone know how any members of LP stand with politics? I know a lot of artists have come out against Bush and even made some pretty good songs about the damage he's caused, I think LP has tried to stay neutral, but someone must of said something.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Linkin Park has made the wise choice not to involve themselves with anything politics-related. They'd lose too many fans no matter what side they'd choose. I think it's pretty smart of them.

*moves to Linkin Park Chat*

Edit: My internet's been fucking up, so that's why there's three versions of this that look like they've been moved in Serious Chat, there was only one thread. My bad.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

yeh i think they have done the clever thing and left the whole politic issuse to one side

Glitch

Glitch Active Member

Linkin Park has wisely left politics out of their music, but I have a few ideas on LP's political orientations.

I think most of the band members are left-leaning. I imagine Chester to be the most liberal of them, for obvious reasons. Joe and Mike, from what I read about how they were raised, would apparently be more conservative (or I should say, moderate), while Brad and Rob are somewhere in the middle.

But that's just my theory. I'm probably wrong anyway.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

LP have done the right thing staying out of politics,I hope they never get involved either

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I think they made a smart move by staying neutral, but sometimes I really want to know...

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah I'm glad they stayed out of politics, sometimes i tend to judge peopel based on theri political beliefs. So i wouldn't want to ahve to judge them based on their beliefs.

lp15girl

lp15girl Active Member

yup I think they had better been still neutral in politic...I wont agree if suddenly they mix up their music with politic..that will mean that LP isn't neutral anymore.I hope that will not occur... ^_^ .

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Politics and music never mix. It's great when artists write about world awareness (i.e. the Beastie Boys in Ill Communication and Hello Nasty), but when politics get mixed in music the tracks usually always suck. "Mosh" despite its powerful message, is one of my least favorite tracks to listen to on Encore.

Chester is a clear-cut liberal and probably was for Kerry all the way, while Brad seemed to probably be more of a Republican, possibly voting for Bush.

I remember this because of an interview Brad did about voting a few months back where the interview said "so it's safe to say you're a Republican?" after a comment Brad had made to the guy.

Due to this, it's hard to say LP could ever go political because I do not think they are on the same page with their political views and completely different personalities.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Rage against the machine were political and they enjoyed great sucess, although i dont think LP have as strong views as Zack or Tom.

savetomorrow

savetomorrow Well-Known Member

I think LP have made a wise choice to steer away from the politcal songs territory. As good as an anti-Bush song is, it'll lose some fans and get old really fast. Plus if they were republican what would they have to sing about democrats?

Amanda

Amanda RIP Chester LPA Super VIP

that's why i feel so alone here... im a 'bush-lover" as they call me at school (republican) Anyone besides me think that it's wrong to judge someone by their political stance? *raises hand* I get made fun of a lot at my middle school because of it and it's really sad. What's the difference? We're all American's why do we have to divide ourselves? Aren't we all just US citizens? Who cares what you believe, this is our country and it is what we make of it!

[before you comment on this..kindly remember that I'm only 13 and I have ZERO tolerance for being made fun of (i've been picked on since KG) so please...be nice! *thnx* ^_^ ]

#1-LP-FAN

#1-LP-FAN Banned

Im a HUGE LP FAN! I dont give a rats ass about politics!