What style you want for the new album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MariosLP, Jan 9, 2005.

Black_Roses

Black_Roses Well-Known Member

between hybrid theroy and metora with some evanscence chucked in

IxoxLINKINpark

IxoxLINKINpark Member

i'd like some hip hop/rap with a side of screaming :D

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Electronica/Industrial.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

I want some awesome LP songs. Same format as Meteora and Hybrid Theory. Both CDs were great, and anything like them would be great! I like the older LP a lot, but I'm afraid if they release something like that, that a lot of fans would go away : :(

Yeah, and please...no songs with the same guitar parts a thousand times :rolleyes:

Definetely has to have another "Hahn Song" EX: Cure for the Itch, Session.

Then more of Chester's screaming of course with Brad kickin it.

Don't think anymore mostly rap songs like Nobody's Listening. Hit the Floor wasn't bad, just same beat OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. More Faint-type songs.

There's my rant :whistle:

bboyzap

bboyzap Well-Known Member

i want more tracks like my favorite, Nobody's Listening.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I just wish that they'd use one of the awsome intros that they use live. And maybe a couple of more instrumentals and more tracks on the album.

ChaoX

ChaoX Well-Known Member

somehting more heavier then the previous albuns ... but if something like colision crap comes out .. i'm gona burn my signed ht

Mushroom Cloud

Mushroom Cloud Well-Known Member

To me....there are certain 'layers' to make a great album. Linkin Park has touch the four main layer to do this....but have not combined them to make their 'perfect' album.

HTEP-The Skeleton
    HTEP had great orginal songs structures that kept them interesting and fun throughout the entire EP. Although this was before LP had the professional equipement they have now, the structure of this album kept it strong.

HT-The Muscle aka The Meat
    Although the structure wasnt as great as HTEP...The guitar riffs and lyrics were dead on. And although the songs werent as clean cut and professional as other LP albums, the soul of the songs were pure. Despite all this however...I do not beleive this is LP's 'perfect' album.

Reanimation- The Personality aka The Spirit
    Although this is 'recycled' material...this album has been one of the most experimental projects LP has ever done. The songs on Reanimation had the same meanings...but completely different tones and personalities.

Meteora- The Skin
    Love it or hate it...Meteora had beautiful production quality and sound. The mood of the songs harmonized and were consistant throughout the album. Personally, I beleive the IDEA of the album was the ideal path for LP. However, most of the songs overall lacked the Skeleton and the Muscle to have too much staying power. (I still love this album though)

Collision Course- much like the idea of Reanimation but focused basically on Rap. Because of the fact that the songs were mostly meant for a live act...I dont consider this to be a major release from LP.

If the next album could hold on to all 4 of these 'layers' (Structure, Rawness, Experimentation, and Polish), it will be by far the best release by Linkin Park. However.....I dont think LP's 'perfect' album will be coming for a while...but I have a feeling that this next album will pull LP back up and towards that direction.

Danny

Danny Banned

More Rock, Maybe even some guitar solos from Mr.Delson.

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

just linkin park.. something from don't stay, but also from the inside.. and more rap from mike, the rapping he did in points of authority/99 problems/one step closer was very cool.. but not if it doesn't sound LP anymore..

LP-UK

LP-UK Well-Known Member

The same style as what they are currently using, but make it a bit a faster.

If they changed they style It woudl be a shame., It like when Sum 41 chnaged there style after All Killer No Filler totaly screwed up...

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Like so many other people have said before, I want to hear something different, yet still LP. We know that the band can sound very different if they want to, like with the In Yourself interlude that the band used to play live. Also some nods from Reanimation would be a great plus, they sound so atmospheric in that CD and try out a wide variety of styles. Different song structure, using instruments in different ways, just experiment experiment.

Try going a bit darker like we've heard in the Manson remix of By Myself, go for the rap tone from FRGT10, etc.

I'd like to hear a track with Brad, Mike, Chester, AND Phoenix all playing guitar. We know they can all play, let's hear some ingenious use of all four.

Again, incorporate some new styles that they haven't tried before. Industrial, bring some more electronica into the mix, so on and so forth.

Stick N move

Stick N move Well-Known Member

yep, me too

Jayster

Jayster Well-Known Member

i would like more instrumental songs...to show that L9...doesnt only scream in their songs ;)

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I wanna hear alot more mike(rapping not singing)
    better rhymes less screaming , and a rock song with a rap solo at the end like and one , A nice instrumental would also be okay

Glitch

Glitch Active Member

1. Some softer songs (like My December)
    2. Instrumental featuring the whole band (like A.06)
    3. More melodic songs (Numb as opposed to Hit the Floor)
    4. Longer songs/longer album
    5. More complicated, sophisticated lyrics (a la Reanimation)
    6. More incorporation of different styles. Maybe some techno (like the Lostprophets's Sway)
    7. More intense guitar playing and drumming, and some solos from said instruments
    8. More unity as an album (like Green Day's American Idiot)

RiffRockerX

RiffRockerX Member

First of all I think LP should keep their own individual stylistic and creative sound. They shouldn't try to keep up with whatever the fad of the year is. They have proven successful in this way. I am confident whatever the six-piece superbrain that is Linkin Park comes out with will be more than words can describe

lp15girl

lp15girl Active Member

In their new album..honestly I want a new album to have more rock style and not to forget...rap style from mike.....harder than previous albums.....but I want to hear something different too...maybe like BTH in Meteora..I think that song is cool....I want to hear Chester's screaming more.....Maybe Joe han needs to add their instrumental..There's not only one...but 2 instrumentals.......lyrics...I want lyrics to have the same deep meaning like Crawlin' or In the End....those songs have the deep meaning for me......Joe han needs to find other strange sounds....like in My December or in Crawlin....sound of guitar....Brad I hope the rhythm will be heard harder and stronger

hybridtheory_gc

hybridtheory_gc Well-Known Member

I think I'll want the new album to be much harder than meteora and I'd like it to be somewhat similar to hybrid theory.

Also, I hope the next LP album will be like an hour long because both HT and Meteora were a bit short.

#1-LP-FAN

#1-LP-FAN Banned

Just Rap, metal like Hybrid Theory and Meteora