More crap from the religious right

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Todd, Jan 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

well there is a difference between believing in jesus christ and believing what someone tells you to. being close-minded is one of them.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

There's also a difference between disagreeing with someone's beliefs, and calling them Hitler. In my opinion, that was an unnecessary and groundless accusation.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I believe in God, but I do not believe in the errorus rules that humans made up from what they think they somehow got from him. I don't agree with most organized religions. I do not have a problem with the homosexual lifestyle or Jews. I don't think that God would really be so hypocritical as to say love everyone, just not homosexuals or jews. it doesnt make sense.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

I believe in God, but I do not believe in the errorus rules that humans made up from what they think they somehow got from him. I don't agree with most organized religions. I do not have a problem with the homosexual lifestyle or Jews. I don't think that God would really be so hypocritical as to say love everyone, just not homosexuals or jews. it doesnt make sense. [/b][/quote]
    well, going against what a person does in life and hating them is something completely different. The Bible says love your neighbor, but that homosexuality is wrong. Love the sinner, hate the sin, know what I mean?

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I believe in God, but I do not believe in the errorus rules that humans made up from what they think they somehow got from him. I don't agree with most organized religions. I do not have a problem with the homosexual lifestyle or Jews. I don't think that God would really be so hypocritical as to say love everyone, just not homosexuals or jews. it doesnt make sense. [/b][/quote]
    Then you are spiritual, not religious. There is a difference. Belief is spiritual. Religion has man-implemented rules.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

my gosh, this is why I almost never post on public forums. fine, call me whatever you want, but I stick by my beliefs. I believe that in order to get into heaven, you must be a believer in Jesus Christ. I didn't mean to make it look like I was specifically ruling out Jews (if it looked that way, Im sorry). and for my name, I created this account like 9 months ago and have realized how stupid it looks. it was a nickname a friend gave me since I had a Billabong sweatshirt I wore every day. I have never done drugs, and in fact, never drank.

I would appreciate it if you stop the pathetic name calling and put downs when I never called you a name, only stated my beliefs. calling me hitler is like me calling someone else "********", and knowing you're are an administrator, you don't tolerate that.

wow, it automatically edited me. [/b][/quote]
    Dude, if you actually are a Christian you'd know it's not because a Jew is a Jew or a Muslim is a Muslim that this person will go to hell. Grab a Bible and read it a bit some time. Oh yeah, I believe in the Catholic Christian religion, I go to church, but man, I'd not fear not to go to heaven if I stopped going to church. You seem to think God is a very unforbidding person...

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

Do you think God would kill himself if he could?

He knows everything, right? He can look into our future, and probably his own too.

So the only thing that he doesn't know would be how would the human race as a whole deal with God not there.

I don't think this makes sense, atleas the way I worded it.

I need to stop reading that book.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

Dude, if you actually are a Christian you'd know it's not because a Jew is a Jew or a Muslim is a Muslim that this person will go to hell. Grab a Bible and read it a bit some time. Oh yeah, I believe in the Catholic Christian religion, I go to church, but man, I'd not fear not to go to heaven if I stopped going to church. You seem to think God is a very unforbidding person... [/b][/quote]
    dude, I do read the Bible. What about "No one will come to the father but by me"? Im just saying that the only requirement for heaven is faith in Jesus Christ. Im not saying that not everyone has the chance to make the decision, because everyone does. Im actually not entirely sure what you are saying.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I hate when Christians say that.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

then what do you expect us to say? you want us to say "o, you have no chance, you're going to hell no matter what"?

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

then what do you expect us to say? you want us to say "o, you have no chance, you're going to hell no matter what"? [/b][/quote]
    In fact, a lot of Christian followers have said that to me. That since I choose to be an Athiest (mind you I used to be Christian), that God will never take me back. Go figure, seems like followers are confused, eh? ;)

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Maybe you don't mind, but when I'm told that I'm going to hell simply because of what religion I am, I certainly don't take that lightly.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

In fact, a lot of Christian followers have said that to me. That since I choose to be an Athiest (mind you I used to be Christian), that God will never take me back. Go figure, seems like followers are confused, eh? ;) [/b][/quote]
    to me, the "followers" are making the rest of us look bad. they scare away more people than the religion itself.

To Todd: Thats why there are different religions, isnt there? I have no hate for you, but I believe what I believe.

Todd

The followers being people like you who believe that unless everyone agrees with you, there good-for-nothing sinners and try to force beliefs down others throats? No wonder they scare people away;.

I know there are different religions, but I have never seen any one as closed minded as yours, and I find it wrong that your beliefs consist of intolerance and unjustified generalizations.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Maybe you don't mind, but when I'm told that I'm going to hell simply because of what religion I am, I certainly don't take that lightly. [/b][/quote]
    Do you even believe in hell?

Todd

Do you even believe in hell? [/b][/quote]
    No, I don't believe in heaven or hell or religion at all, but that doesnt change the fact that anti-semetic remarks still offend me as someone who is Jewish born.

bongmaster

bongmaster Active Member

The followers being people like you who believe that unless everyone agrees with you, there good-for-nothing sinners and try to force beliefs down others throats? No wonder they scare people away;.

I know there are different religions, but I have never seen any one as closed minded as yours, and I find it wrong that your beliefs consist of intolerance and unjustified generalizations. [/b][/quote]
    man, you are really starting to tick me off. If you think Im bad, then dude, look at the southern baptists, many dont even allow their members listen to rock. and close-minded? HAHAHAHAHA!!! I hate those words. you are the one is dissing MY OWN "relgion" in the first place and you have the nerve to call me "close-minded". I also hate people who are so close minded who don't even know their own beliefs make me sick. Dude, Im trying to say what I believe in a non violent way, you are trying to bring me down.

to the post above, THEN DUDE, WHY ARE YOU MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT?! AND I AM NOT ANTI-SEMETIC!! YOU ARE THE CLOSE MINDED ONE!!

Link04

Link04 Ambient

No, I don't believe in heaven or hell or religion at all, but that doesnt change the fact that anti-semetic remarks still offend me as someone who is Jewish born. [/b][/quote]
    I see. So if I believed men are evil in nature, and everyone is going to hell, would you not be equally offended? You are everyone, after all. Maybe it's just me who doesn't like to restrict people to the label of a race or ethnicity.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

man, you are really starting to tick me off. If you think Im bad, then dude, look at the southern baptists, many dont even allow their members listen to rock. and close-minded? HAHAHAHAHA!!! I hate those words. you are the one is dissing MY OWN "relgion" in the first place and you have the nerve to call me "close-minded". I also hate people who are so close minded who don't even know their own beliefs make me sick. Dude, Im trying to say what I believe in a non violent way, you are trying to bring me down.

to the post above, THEN DUDE, WHY ARE YOU MAKING SUCH A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT?! AND I AM NOT ANTI-SEMETIC!! YOU ARE THE CLOSE MINDED ONE!! [/b][/quote]
    Being told that you're going to hell (whether you believe in it or not) is not a pleasant experience. Obviously, hell is the place where the bad people go, so being told that you're going to hell implies that you are a bad person. That's just not nice.

I hope I put that in simple enough terms.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Alright, guys, sorry to be a mood-killer, but this is being closed. Just like most religion threads. There is no winner in these threads. You've got believers and non-believers, and neither one of them is going to retreat from their opinion or back off their beliefs, so it's pointless to continue going in circles. Mean things are also sparked by these threads, and that negativity isn't needed. Let's jsut accept that people have different beliefs, and no matter how much one side condemns the other, it solves nothing.

Feel free to make another thread, but you do know that when everyone starts fighting in circles over religion and throwing insults, it will be closed again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.