the anorexic thread

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by linkin park psycho, Jan 21, 2005.

linkin park psycho

linkin park psycho Banned

this thread is getting kinda aggreissve

some one please lock it down?

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

But, to be frank: It is. If you take 10 people, who all have the pop-culture's ideal body, chances are that atleast nine of those ten are all very close to the perfect middle of their BMI, wich means that the pop-culture's ideal body is also in the middle of the BMI for that person's length and build, wich in turn means that the pop-culture's ideal body is in fact smack in the middle of underweight and overweight..

edit: Atleast, nowadays. But maybe I'm in over my head here, and the american shows who I see on tv here are not representative for all the american shows.. It is possible, so maybe you are right. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe I'm in over my head too. I don't watch much TV and I never researched anorexia and BMIs until tonight, so I'm no expert.

Physco--what are you talking about? If this is agressive then LPA political debates are bloodthirsty :p If you're referring to me and DiSiLLUSiON, rest assured that I think neither one of us are taking this disagreement personally.

linkin park psycho

nope i refering to everyone they mostly now are debets on this topic.

no i don't mean to hurt anyones feelings.

and please it lpp

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

dont forget the abortion debates :lol:

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

You didn't hurt anyone's feelings. What's "lpp", though?

Jila--those are murderous, I guess :lol:

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

LPP= Linkin Park Psycho
    sorry for answering

were getting :offtopic: right now
    WE NEED TO GET back on topic

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

And I thought I owned that title.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

And I thought I owned that title. [/b][/quote]
    lol

anorexic doesnt help lose wight.... sorta
    BUT
    it does something good
    IT WILL KILL YOU PAINFULLY AND FASTER!
    yea but u know what!?
    thats not a really good idea now is it?? :whistle:
    so we can all agree being anorexic is bad
    right??

linkin park psycho

You didn't hurt anyone's feelings. What's "lpp", though?

Jila--those are murderous, I guess :lol: [/b][/quote]
    my user name but just the short way to say it.

all i had yesterday was two apples and that was all.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

erm, why are you telling that? it sounds a bit like ´look at me, I´m on the edge of having a food disorder´ what you eat is in your own control. If you intend to eat 2 apples you´re supposed to be happy you only ate 2 apples, but you´re writing it down, so I guess you´re unhappy with your discission? because...you think you ate not enough? so, why don´t you eat then??

this may sound a bit weird, but i hope you know what I´m saying.

forgotten girl

forgotten girl Ambient

what i know is that when i'm really sad i can't eat. but it lasts a day usually. when i had a serious illness at the age of 8 years, it started because i was depressed so i didn't feel like eating. i also have sometimes the thought about anorexia, i often wish i were thinner but i know its wrong, so i eat normal.

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

The comment that DiSiLLUSiON posted irritated me because in my opinion its people saying things like that that causes people who are of a healthy weight thinking they are fat and that fat people aren't beautiful. I think that if someone is happy and confidant about the way they look be that fat or thin then they appear to be more attractive. I've always had problems with my weight I'm about 160 at the moment but I have been bigger, almost throughout my life people have called me names which I'm not going to repeat because I'm damn sure you all know what they are. Iused to go home at night and cry to my mam and ask her why I couldn't be "normal" but now I'm a lot more mature and have come to realise that the only thing abnormal about me is that I don't care what size I am as long as I'm happy inside.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

:hugz:

it's not abnormal to think like that. if more people would think like that, more people would be happy :)

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

Then you obviously didn't pick up on the most important aspects of my posts in this thread wich explained the simple comment more fully: Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. As long as it's not endangering healthiness of a person, ofcourse. As I said before, I think somebody's fat when you can't slightly see the lowest ribs anymore, but I know enough people who would think someone who weighs under 200 is absolutely skinny.. So what's wrong with that worldview?

A lot of people get called names. Some because of their weight (wether it be fat or skinny), some because of something else of their looks. Others because of how they talk, or how they are named. Almost everybody get called names, and everybody learns to live with it.

And you are right, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it doesn't matter how much someone weighs, as long as that person is still within acceptable health-parameters. When someone is too overweight or too underweight and he/she gets into serious health problems because of that, then it is wrong, I think..

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

I didn't say that the names bother me now because they don't. I was refering to your comment about anorexic people being hotter than fat people- to be honest- after reading your whole argument the other things you put forward I kind of agreed with. It was just that one little statement that bothered me. That wasn't meant to be a personal attack on you because I actually respect you and your opinions on here because ,if you have a tought on something you always put it well so it can't be taken the wrong way!

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

Then you have my apologies, I see that the comment can come over wrong.. I should have edited in the post after that instead of just posting a new reply. Sorry for that. :)

linkin park psycho

erm, why are you telling that? it sounds a bit like ´look at me, I´m on the edge of having a food disorder´ what you eat is in your own control. If you intend to eat 2 apples you´re supposed to be happy you only ate 2 apples, but you´re writing it down, so I guess you´re unhappy with your discission? because...you think you ate not enough? so, why don´t you eat then??

this may sound a bit weird, but i hope you know what I´m saying. [/b][/quote]
    we need to get back on topic that why i did.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

we need to get back on topic that why i did. [/b][/quote]
    she's on-topic. the moderators will choose whether a thread is off-topic or not, not you.

linkin park psycho

sorry :(

Black_Roses

Black_Roses Well-Known Member

anorexia is not something u just do it is a disorder, u dont just wake up and say today i am gonna be anorexic,