Aliens

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Burningsoul, Dec 2, 2004.

Jejune

Jejune Active Member

Sorry, I don't fully understand what you mean there... :blush: Do you mean spiritually?

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

Does it have to be technology? By having an out of body experience you could fly anywere in the time it would take you to think about it.. So if we can do that, they surely can.. [/b][/quote]
    we can fly? :wth:

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

Sorry, I don't fully understand what you mean there... :blush: Do you mean spiritually? [/b][/quote]
    Something like that :) Search on google for 'OOBE' (out of body experience) and you'll find lots of info (but also a lot of bullshit, you'll have to wade through it).

Jejune

Jejune Active Member

I found an FAQ site on it, it's pretty interesting! I suppose aliens using it is possible, if they were advanced enough. It can be hard to get your head around it, though.

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

That's understandable. But the point was, that technology isn't the only way to advance.. So why are most people so hung up on technology, saying that how far a civilisation has advanced is mostly based on what kinda technology they have?

~LP-MEOWMIX~

~LP-MEOWMIX~ Member

i am not shur, because, well there has to be something out there! you know what i mean! :alien:

Jejune

Jejune Active Member

I suppose because a lot of people think that the more complicated it is, the smarter and more advanced you are (not that the thought of this OOBE and how it occurs isn't complicated!). We're pretty dependant on technology. Through the years we've been learning and understanding what we probably thought was impossible, ages ago. People probably think if other species haven't learnt as we have and can't understand what we can, like technology, they're inferior to us.

Pedestrians

Pedestrians Banned

First off, dont double post. Secondly, what the hell are you talking about? [/b][/quote]
    sorry for double posting. But how can you find evidence of something that doesn't exist, it's like trying to prove to a person that believes that a can was on a table, that a can was not on the table.

DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Ambient

I suppose because a lot of people think that the more complicated it is, the smarter and more advanced you are (not that the thought of this OOBE and how it occurs isn't complicated!). We're pretty dependant on technology. Through the years we've been learning and understanding what we probably thought was impossible, ages ago. People probably think if other species haven't learnt as we have and can't understand what we can, like technology, they're inferior to us. [/b][/quote]
    True. But then it doesn't become a case of "if there are aliens, how advanced are they?" but "how do we get humans to realize that technology doesn't automatically means advancement?"..

I mean.. if I were some alien and I came across earth... I would laugh my ass off of the stupidity of most, and get the hell out of this solar system as fast as possible :D

lp_sk8ergurl

lp_sk8ergurl Well-Known Member

I do believe in aliens but of course they live in other planets.

Jila

sorry for double posting. But how can you find evidence of something that doesn't exist, it's like trying to prove to a person that believes that a can was on a table, that a can was not on the table. [/b][/quote]
    what? :wth:

first of all, you cant just say they dont exist, therefore you cannot find evidence (which is what you said in the first statement). there is so much in the universe we havent explored, hell, we may find evidence in the future. its quite ignorant to assume we never will.

then in your second statement, it had nothing to do with your first one.
    "it's like trying to prove to a person that believes that a can was on a table, that a can was not on the table."
    basically your saying thats its like trying prove to someone who doesnt believe in aliens that they exist? that has nothing to do with what you said first.

its either youre not making sense or im not getting what your saying.

gah, whatev.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I actually did a project in school a couple years ago where you had to take a mystery/phenomenon and basically do a presentation on it. My group and I chose Crop Circles, and that pretty much convinced me aliens are out there somewhere. Call me crazy, but I swear I even saw a UFO once. :wth: :alien: :chemist:

Jila

maybe it was a blimp

:lol:

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

maybe it was a blimp

:lol: [/b][/quote]
    Like I said, call me crazy...maybe I am. :chemist: :lol:

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

well i personally dont think there are aliens. but if there are....why do they always have to be smarter? its possible they could be dumber.

lp_soldier88

lp_soldier88 Member

I don't know what to think, but once I've seen a light on the sky, in day time. It could have been a plane or a lightning but like to think that I was an alien spaceship... :alien:

lpassailant

lpassailant Well-Known Member

Humans have seen places via telescope that would take us millions of years at lightspeed to get to... with that being said, remeber we have also only explored less than 1 percent of all space. With that being said, there have to be millions of different lifeforms, billions of different hospitable planets, and trillions of un-earthly creatures. I however dont think they have anything to do with us or have ever come with in a million lightyears of us....yet