2005 Tour?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by NickelNine, Dec 5, 2004.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

i was informed, earlier today, by a friend who is hardcore Linkin Park fan, that a local rock radio station called 93x in Minnesota, after playing "In the End" said that Linkin Park was going to be performing at the Target Center (Minneapolis) on March 14th. that was the only information given i was told. and i do not know anymore details. the lpunderground.com and linkinpark.com do not have any information confirming a possible tour. is there anyone else out there who has heard any rumors or statements from the band or anyplace else about a possible 2005 tour?

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Weird. I wonder what that's all about. Do we allow rumor threads here at LPA? Sorry, so used to the LPU forums. Thanks for the rumor anyway -- I'll keep it in mind. ^_^

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The band will most likely be in the studios recording their new album, so I highly doubt it.

NickelNine

i have now talked to 3 people that heard the same thing on the radio and confirmed this.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

contact the venue and ask them. I'm sure they will know if they are playing or not.

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

I thought the Meteora tour cycle was over? Also, like Mark said, they will probably be in the studio recording the new album.

Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Banned

its probably a one off show.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Maybe they plan to release something new at that time and they plan to promote with a one show! (w00t)

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

That is a possibility. If this show rumor is true, we have no choice but to leae our options open.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I just looked at the Target Center's events calendar, and it says nothing about Linkin Park performing at any time.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Why Minnesota though? Haha, talk about random. :p

Linkin Park Live in Minnesota! :chemist:

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I seriously doubt that anyone would choose the Twin Cities for a one-show promo. Unless they were born there or something, which LP was not. Much as I'd like it to be true (I'm a Twin Cities girl), I just don't think it is.

HOWEVER!

93X has often given incorrect information. Perhaps the venue is wrong. I'd check some of the smaller venues, such as The Quest Club, First Avenue, The Fine Line, Roy Wilkins, etc, etc. And try the Xcel Energy Center as well.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

It just may not be on the event's website yet. Someone call up 93X and ask where they heard this, please! That should help.

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

I really hope they do the new material thing :p Ok expecting a little too much but I'm desperate for new material! And if there is none, then LP should stay inside the studio making some! :p

Well I really doubt this is true after LP said they'd be in the studio anyway...

NickelNine

ive contacted the target center.. they have motely crue scheduled for march 14th.. the 93x site also shows them playing on that date.. ive sent emails into 93x about their statements on the march 14th date.. when i get a reply i will post it.. ive checked other venues and there is nothing..

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Weeeeiiiirrrrd. Dude, why don't you CALL the radio station? I hope they respond to your e-mail soon!

Nash

Nash New Member

I listen to 93X everyday for about 8 hours a day and have heard nothing about LP coming to Minnesota. They must of made a mistake about LP coming on the 14th. It would be on 93X's website if they said they were.

Glue

Glue Well-Known Member

I hope they will have their concert in Malaysia again. I am very upset because I was underage when they are here. I can't go to the ground and hear them sing and at that time I had to sit far away and watch them sing. Plz held a concert in Malaysia again!!! :(

lance

lance Well-Known Member

i thought they r in the studio planing for their next album..... can't wait hehehehe.....
    i when to a few webside but they disn't say anything about touring lets see 1!!!!! :D

NickelNine

i talked to 93x and they said that i must have misheard.. maybe THEY got another story mixed up.. but if the new albums slated for mid 2006.. which is probly not true, and as albums do, will get delayed til the end of the year. so, a tour this spring may be possible.. if you look at how they did meteora, its completely possible for a tour.