Teenage Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Luke, Nov 24, 2004.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Define 'underage sex'. Last time I checked, there was no age you needed to reach to f*ck

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Define 'underage sex'. Last time I checked, there was no age you needed to reach to f*ck [/b][/quote]
    Uh, having sex when you're under 18 (or whatever the legal age is) is underage sex. Duh.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Uh, having sex when you're under 18 (or whatever the legal age is) is underage sex. Duh. [/b][/quote]
    I think Neil's right. Someone over 18 cannot have sex with someone under 18 (statutory rape), but two people under 18 can.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think Neil's right. Someone over 18 cannot have sex with someone under 18 (statutory rape), but two people under 18 can. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, but it's under the legal age, thus "underage sex".

Mark

Yeah, but it's under the legal age, thus "underage sex". [/b][/quote]
    Well, there is no illegal age to have sex. There is no law not permitting it. The only illegal thing is when an adult (18+) and a "minor" (1:cool: have sex. Two minors having sex have no laws restricting it. Eighteen is just when they consider the boundary of an adult and minor to be drawn, just like in court cases when being tried as an adult or minor, but eighteen is not a legal limit for teens to have sex, though. We had some guest speaker talk to us about teen sex this year and its consequences, and that's what the guy said.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I think Neil's right. Someone over 18 cannot have sex with someone under 18 (statutory rape), but two people under 18 can. [/b][/quote]
    There is still a legal age for sex after that. I know in Alberta, if oyu are 18 it is still legal to have sex with a 14 year old. Any younger then it is illegal.

Mark

There is still a legal age for sex after that. I know in Alberta, if oyu are 18 it is still legal to have sex with a 14 year old. Any younger then it is illegal. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe it's just that way in certain parts, like Newfoundland.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

There is still a legal age for sex after that. I know in Alberta, if oyu are 18 it is still legal to have sex with a 14 year old. Any younger then it is illegal. [/b][/quote]
    It's 16 here I believe.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

there are A LOT of ppl out there that dont really understand the whole how you get pregnant thing. and most of those ppl are the ones who get pregnant or the ones who get other ppl pregnant. so i think there needs to be WAY more sex ed in school. girls have to be taught about thier firtility! it is amamzing what girls dont know. they dont even know that sperm stays viable w/n a girl for 3-4 DAYS after sex. and there are only particular times of the month when a girl is firtle. no one seems to know that stuff.

i had unprotected sex w/ my bf for 8 months(i know that is incredibly dumb! but at least i didnt get pregnant!) i kept track of what went on, so i was more careful than i could have been. but i now have a friend w/ benefits and i never have unprotected w/ him. im more careful now. but back then i was all swept up in the romance. he said he loved me more than anyone and that he wanted to have kids and stuff. and he didnt want to use a condom, so i didnt really push it. so many girls are like that, it is almost like they are brainwashed or something. then of course sometimes you get wrapped up in the moment.

and no, i dont think that it is all the girls fault! it is just as much or more the fault of the male! get it strait! :angry:

and i think there would be a hell of a lot less teen pregnancy if birth control was mroe readily available and there was a lot more education in school. as i said b4, i ton of these pregnacies are b/c of ignorance

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I don't know about America but it is considered underage in the UK to have sex before you're 16.It aint really illegal and I didn't say it was,its defined as underage sex thats all :huh:

x3r09

x3r09 Well-Known Member

well...it happens, not that i agree with it...but i think abortion is the stupidest thing ever. why should people be allowed to murder and unborn child for their stupidity? :angry:

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

why should young girls risk their health over an unwanted child? teenage girls' bodies arent developed enough and are at high risk of complications.

nemo

nemo Guest

people Should Just Have to Be Safe Coming to Sex I mean I AM.

Rachel

Rachel look at my horse. LPA Super Member

This topic concerns me not only because of my friends dealing with their pregnancy scares, but for me as well, a tenager in high school dealing with the so-called "peer-pressure". There really isn't any peer-pressure at my school to do anything. If there is, the only pressure is to wear Red and Black on Spirit Days. That's about it. If someone offers you a joint they don't care if you say no, and same with sex. Personally, I've had my experience with being asked about sex, and I am actually planning on doing it with someone. I know the risks and I know what could happen, but as long as you protect yourself, that's all that matters. The careless kids, that's what people think about. But really, alot of the kids realize that could happen and they aren't as careless as people think.

I think if the person feels they are physically and emotionally ready to do something like that and realize the consequences, then I don't care. It's their life. What we think of their life has no affect on them whatsoever.

Be safe, and really...have fun :teehee: