What got you into liking lp?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by ayesha kahn, Nov 19, 2004.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

I think the ninjas in the one step closer video ^_^
    just kiddin'

The One Step Closer video was cool and that got in into LP's music. Besides I have always been a Limp Bizkit and one of my friends told me that LP's style of music was similar to that of Bizkit's. So I bought the CD. My friend was very wrong though LP was much better than Bizkit anyway no regrets B)

TO GAARA- Limp Bizkit is by no means metal.It is alt. Rock or Hard Rock. I you want to hear real metal listen to
    1-Metallica-Master Of Puppets
    2-Metallica-Ride the Lighting and other Metallica albums
    3-Iron Maiden-Number of the Beast,Somewhere In time,Seventh son..

ayesha kahn

ayesha kahn Active Member

:D the ninja's :chemist: were kool too......

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I saw the One Step Closer video on kerrang one day and i asked my parents to get me HT for christmas and i was hooked from then on

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think Limpbizkit and Linkin Park are nu-metal :whistle:

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Well i got their album right before it's release, but i didn't know them, so i didn't listen to it. I then heared One Step Closer, thought it was pretty good. Then i heared Crawling... gave their album a listen, and here i am now.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

I think Limpbizkit and Linkin Park are nu-metal :whistle: [/b][/quote]
    I do not know how you would classify it.I think both of them are mainly Hard Rock but certainly not Metal

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think its the metal of this time. So not the metal like the 80's. But its just my opinion ;) :p

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

i guess I'll have to agree.It is the form of metal that most bands are following now not the more orthodox eight minute songs with 2 solos in them

The_Neo_13

The_Neo_13 Banned

symphony x are still the
    "8 min song with 3 or 4, 1 min solos in them" type.

Anyway, someone in school was like a nu-metal guru, and he gave me a cd with in the end and carousel on it, i loved both, then i saw
    in the end's video so i decided to get HT, then few years later i got meteora, it was a bit decieving cause i though HT was better, Then I Got HTEP and i Thought it was the best yet. my lp story :lol:

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

You bought it?? :eek: Man that must have cost u a fortune

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

This thread has been done thousands of times.

I heard In The End on the radio and really liked it. When I found it was by Linkin Park, I downloaded random songs by them (Papercut and With You.) I loved Papercut and bought the album in the summer of *thinks hard*........either 2001 or 2002. It took me a long time to get into the other songs.

Boo

Boo Guest

listening to their music over the radio - then buying it and stuff? i don't know. It was an unknown force. HA! kidding... :)

LP_fan88

LP_fan88 Member

When I saw the film clip of 'One Step Closer'. Then I heard 'In the End' and I got the album Hybrid Theory.

Nasuul

Nasuul Member

Well i like LP cos it sounds great. I canna remember when i first got into them but twas ages back in the day...LP is my strength the music keeps me going in tough times and lifts my spirits in the best of times.

Razan

Razan SUGAAAR!

I didn't really like LP much if someone asked me who my favorite band was I would say Metallica...but my favorite song was "Step Up".

I loved Hybrid Theory and got hooked here's how:

My friend told me Live in Texas was amazing so I borrowed it from her...I kept on forgetting to give it back ;)

I finally bought my own along with all the other albums.

ayesha kahn

ayesha kahn Active Member

:D Thanx for telling that this thread have been done thousands of time & for replying the cool reason........

Phantasm

Phantasm Well-Known Member

It was back when I was in high school, 11th grade I believe, when I heard One Step Closer. I was like "Hey, that's kinda cool", so I looked Linkin Park up on Napster (the IN p2p program at that time) and saw a bunch of other songs by them I'd never heard before. I decided to download a couple random songs by them, My December and Points of Authority. I fell in love with LP, and have been ever since that day.

1200techniques

1200techniques Well-Known Member

when my siste bought hybrid theory as a b'day gift
    i was a real hip-hop fan and I considered LP heavy metal when i heard one step closer so i wasnt too keen on them but then i heard the entire album and i really liked it!!
    it also got me to listen to alternative rock which im now a major fan of
    :mike:

i love one step closer now aswell :D

Zakrisk

Zakrisk Smoke weed.

Friend brought one of their CDs over. I didn't really like it at first...but now I'm obsessed. They're almost all I ever listen to now.

HurQlez03

HurQlez03 Well-Known Member

When I was watching MTV in early 2001, I saw a commercial for Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory. It was a piece of the "One Step Closer" video, with the band doing the chorus. When I heard the lyric "it gets me one step closer to the edge" I seriously thought it Mike Shinoda doing that yelling. That got me interested in them and I got their single off Old School Napster. It wasnt until later that I found out that was Chester too.

I didnt decide to buy their album until I saw an FYE commercial for "Hybrid Theory". It showed three seconds of One Step Closer, Crawling, and never-before-seen In the End. After hearing every track on that album, I was never going back to NYSNC and Britney Spears.