New Mash Up CD Info

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Well, record companies have the tendency to only sign artists who can imitate the success of other artists. Ever notice how Evanescence sounds similar to LP? During the recording process, Ev was strongly urged to be similar in style in terms of LP. It's the reason why so many people believe LP and such to be corporate, because they are forced (or, in a slightly less harsh version, pushed) into sounding a specific way.

As for Meteora, I don't really see why anyone is complaining. People say that it's more of the same, but it really isn't. If it was more of the same, you wouldn't be able to tell which track was which. And each track is very unique and I bet you don't get confused as to which is Faint and which is From The Inside. There are some CDs (which shall not be mentioned) that sound monotonous all the time.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Evanescence sounds nothing like Linkin Park.

Minus

Well I know that, but there are some similarities. For example, Bring Me To Life, with the little 'rap' (if you could even call it that) portion and going back and forth.

And there was even that article a while back about how producers and such suggested to Ev that they sound similar to LP.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That's one song out of about thirty evanescence songs.

But Amy Lee did ask to borrow Mike for a song, according to Chester. They said no, obviously.

Minus

My horrible connection aside (which was mostly due to that one article with LP and Korn a while back), the point remains that record companies tend to sign artists who are similar to already successful ones.

Mark

Well, Wind-Up signed Evanescence as a "goth"-band with a female vocalist. Evanescence sounded nothing like Linkin Park when they were signed, and no comparisons could be drawn from that by either parties. All Wind-Up did was try to expose another one of their artists from another one of their unknown bands by trying to lock into the rap-rock back-and-forth formula.

So they didn't sign them because they were similar, they signed them and then made them similar. There's a difference. I think that's what you were trying to say anyways.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

If you say that, then I can say LP sound like Eva with My December, yes, yes I know it was released before Eva got big. As for similarties that's it. There is a version of BMTL without the guying singing, Wind Up pushed for it to be with a guy singing, for the daredevil soundtrack.

Minus

... Me no speak English.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant to say. They sign artists that have the potential to sound like a successful artist.

And yes, I know and realize that my connection between Eva and LP was a horrible one. You may slap me for that.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

That's one song out of about thirty evanescence songs.

But Amy Lee did ask to borrow Mike for a song, according to Chester. They said no, obviously. [/b][/quote]
    Amy never asked Mike. Amy told Chester that Wind-Up wanted her to ask Mike but she knew he'd say no so she didn't bother with it, it doesn't really make a difference either way though.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Amy never asked Mike. Amy told Chester that Wind-Up wanted her to ask Mike but she knew he'd say no so she didn't bother with it, it doesn't really make a difference either way though. [/b][/quote]
    Indeed.

allison

allison Banned

Why would/did mike say no?

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

becos mike probably saw some similarities in evanescence and obviously didnt want any other band sounding like LP....lets face it....if he was gonna b on a song with ev...he would have dropped a rap verse most likely...and mike could see that evs record company was wanting some of that formula that worked well for LP????....i duno...just a suggestion ;)

im not saying that mike didnt wanna do a song with ev becos he thought they were posers like what ja rule is 2 hip hop these days.....though i can only say that mike is a very smart man.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

exactly

Mark

What the hell? How many popular "goth-chick" metal bands were out there before Evanescence appeared? Uhhh...none. So how they hell can they be posers?

And didn't we tell you to type legibly? Damnit!

DaveForester

DaveForester Well-Known Member

:D Cool
    Good idea to make such a project. Hopefully there will be a video for the single

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Are you schtinkin' what I'm schtinkin'?

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

maybe...fan remixes??

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Finally legit acapellas of the non-rap tracks. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Im thinking if they do a "Faint Britney" thing (meaning rap in the verses and singing in the choruses) we could have an acapella of Chester singing parts of Numb. :mellow:

Just a wishful thought.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

What the hell? How many popular "goth-chick" metal bands were out there before Evanescence appeared? Uhhh...none. So how they hell can they be posers?

And didn't we tell you to type legibly? Damnit! [/b][/quote]
    did i say they were posers?

"gonna"??....aww come on ;)

oh right..."becos".....ill fix it next time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.