New Mash Up CD Info

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

I hope not. I want some cursing that gets us out of the boy-band/rock-band image. And Warner did that too with everything that LP has released with cursing in it (High Voltage remix, Reanimation, Dedicated, LIT...).

*sighs*Warner, only Warner...*sighs*

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I hope not. I want some cursing that gets us out of the boy-band/rock-band image. And Warner did that too with everything that LP has released with cursing in it (High Voltage remix, Reanimation, Dedicated, LIT...).

*sighs*Warner, only Warner...*sighs* [/b][/quote]
    They even censored Chester's middle finger when Mike showed that sausage on Frat Party.

sickcycle

sickcycle Well-Known Member

the Frat Party sausage was awesome! Anyway, i will mostlikely be buying this if the single hapeneds to be good, hopefully it will be, because Jay Z is one of the few rappers now-a-days that i can actuallly listen to and like, i really liked 99 problems. This is good of LP, keep the fans happy with something new untill the release of the official new album

Ander

I just wish they'd go into the studio with something that's finshed instead of a bunch of ideas and experiments for Don to #### up.

blurredxnotes

blurredxnotes Well-Known Member

They even censored Chester's middle finger when Mike showed that sausage on Frat Party. [/b][/quote]
    They didn't censor his finger in LIT though. o_o

Can't wait for the cd ^_^

htep.fan

But then they wouldn't need to go to the studio...

Li

Li Well-Known Member

But then they wouldn't need to go to the studio... [/b][/quote]
    they would need to in order to record with nice, happy equipment, etc.

Ander

But then they wouldn't need to go to the studio... [/b][/quote]
    The purpose of the demo is to have a basis of what the song will sound like before they go into the studio to track. In my opinion, if they think the lyrics recorded with the demo are good, they should keep them the same instead of being bullied into believing they're bad (and then re-writing them into something truly crappy). The purpose of going into a million dollar recording studio full of expensive equipment is to make the music sound better (cleaner or dirtier, which ever they prefer), not break the bonds created by the artist(s) who created it. They take forever to put out new material because they keep re-writing everything when they should focus on getting it re-recorded and sent to be mixed, pressed and released.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The purpose of the demo is to have a basis of what the song will sound like before they go into the studio to track. In my opinion, if they think the lyrics recorded with the demo are good, they should keep them the same instead of being bullied into believing they're bad (and then re-writing them into something truly crappy). The purpose of going into a million dollar recording studio full of expensive equipment is to make the music sound better (cleaner or dirtier, which ever they prefer), not break the bonds created by the artist(s) who created it. They take forever to put out new material because they keep re-writing everything when they should focus on getting it re-recorded and sent to be mixed, pressed and released. [/b][/quote]
    Post of the week.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Post of the week. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed.

For some reason, it seems like LP is getting worse and worse. I'm not looking forward to this at all, I think they should really just start on the next album and I also think that they need to assert themselves and do what they want because they're getting screwed over. Everything since Hybrid Theory has been Mediocre IMO (excluding reanimation, i loved the remixes).

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Yes, I cant wait for this to come out :D i hope its going to be awsome and very interesting.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

i luv lp sideprojects lol....

theyve come up with something very original this time though....first time artists have come together like this.

Theyve given us a frat party, a dope remix album, an electrifying live set and now a mash up album/collaboration.....whats next???

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

They Run of President :mellow: all 6 of them. :D

allison

allison Banned

Whoa! (w00t) all of them running for president? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!
    I think Mike should be president :D or maybe Brad

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

Agreed.

For some reason, it seems like LP is getting worse and worse. I'm not looking forward to this at all, I think they should really just start on the next album and I also think that they need to assert themselves and do what they want because they're getting screwed over. Everything since Hybrid Theory has been Mediocre IMO (excluding reanimation, i loved the remixes).[/b][/quote]
    They are in the studio right now.

This is a post from the LPU Forums by Crewdy which really stood out to me...

htep.fan

The purpose of the demo is to have a basis of what the song will sound like before they go into the studio to track. In my opinion, if they think the lyrics recorded with the demo are good, they should keep them the same instead of being bullied into believing they're bad (and then re-writing them into something truly crappy). The purpose of going into a million dollar recording studio full of expensive equipment is to make the music sound better (cleaner or dirtier, which ever they prefer), not break the bonds created by the artist(s) who created it. They take forever to put out new material because they keep re-writing everything when they should focus on getting it re-recorded and sent to be mixed, pressed and released. [/b][/quote]
    Agreed, Ander, but how are they gonna do that? They have their limbs tied by Warner, that's what they want LP to do....

This really sucks.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

They could, of course, break free from Warner and go elsewhere.

That would be extremely hard, of course, but it's always an option.

All I ever hear LP Fans speak of is the news of new material, and what LP should be doing. LP has already done a lot in terms of any band, period.
    • Hybrid Theory
    • Frat Party
    • Reanimation
    • Meteora
    • Live In Texas
    • From The Inside (The Coffee Book)
    • Collision Course

Not to mention such feats as a track with The X-Ecutioners (just Mike and Joe, but still), Cyclefly (only Chester), reinterpreting a track from the all-powerful Depeche Mode, creating a music video to go with EVERY SINGLE TRACK OF REANIMATION, collaborating on a track with DJ Lethal, and flat out touring for over a year straight for Meteora.

And going into the studio afterwards.

Appreciate people!

And if I'm correct, concerning whether or not there will be explicit lyrics on the CD and DVD, you will probably get to choose an edited or explicit version. Seeing as the vinyl being released will have both explicit and clean versions of Numb/Encore, they will also do something similar for the actual CD/DVD.

allison

allison Banned

I agree with minus zero. I think that if your really a Linkin Park fan you would just enjoy what they have. I don't know how much more you people could expect from a band that gives more to their fans than any other band i know of. I'm sorry if you people don't get everything you want but life isn't fair.......get over it.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

Off topic, but did say that he was going to produce this album?

Anyway, this Jay-Z/LP thing sounds amazing. I'm buying this album, some of my fav songs are there from LP

htep.fan

Breaking with Warner would be difficult, if not impossible. But I don't see the band with any intention of breaking away, which sucks. What they could do at least is change the producer, though.

I'm buying the explicit if I can. My mom let me had a South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut DVD, she won't notice (because she speaks Spanish ;) ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.