Cure For The Itch and High Voltage (remix)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Neil, Sep 24, 2004.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Today I was sitting in Math, completely dazed both by the test in front of me, and dazed from the white out fumes I'd inhaled due to my many mistakes. For no reason, I turned on my minidisc player and put in my LP disc....

I'ts been mentioned that the beginning of High Voltage (remix) and Cure For The Itch have the same sample loop in them. If you put High Voltage (remix) onto the end of Cure, they're made to blend into each other. Most likely for when High Voltage was supposed to be on Hybrid Theory.

Cool huh?

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

High voltage (remix) was meant to be on Hybrid Theory but apparently it didn't fit in well with the rest of the album so it never made the final product.Its probably because it contains swear words (even though they're blurred out) and its a full on hip-hop song and there wern't any other full hip-hop songs on hybrid theory (they all contain rock elements).However using my knowledge of music I created a Hybrid theory (completly the same tracklisting with 2 extras,not selling as bootleg) where cure for the itch blends into high voltage.I also threw My December in there aswell as I'm told its a hybrid theory B-Side
    Tracklisting:
    1.Papercut
    2.One Step Closer
    3.With You
    4.Points Of Authority
    5.Crawling
    6.My December
    7.Runaway
    8.By Myself
    9.In The End
    10.A Place For My Head
    11.Forgotten
    12.Cure Fot The Itch
    13.High Voltage
    14.Pushing Me Away

Neil

High voltage (remix) was meant to be on Hybrid Theory but apparently it didn't fit in well with the rest of the album so it never made the final product.Its probably because it contains swear words (even though they're blurred out) and its a full on hip-hop song and there wern't any other full hip-hop songs on hybrid theory (they all contain rock elements).However using my knowledge of music I created a Hybrid theory (completly the same tracklisting with 2 extras,not selling as bootleg) where cure for the itch blends into high voltage.I also threw My December in there aswell as I'm told its a hybrid theory B-Side
    Tracklisting:
    1.Papercut
    2.One Step Closer
    3.With You
    4.Points Of Authority
    5.Crawling
    6.My December
    7.Runaway
    8.By Myself
    9.In The End
    10.A Place For My Head
    11.Forgotten
    12.Cure Fot The Itch
    13.High Voltage
    14.Pushing Me Away [/b][/quote]
    It didn't make it because it didn't mesh with the tone and mood of the other songs. It was the blacksheep of the group. My December was most likely too soft.

BTW - Both High Voltage and My December were thrown onto the end of the Hybrid Theory 2CD Export.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

"My December" was written two months after Hybrid Theory was released...

Luke

Hmmm,I've heard different and the same.I dunno but i'll take your word for it

Neil

Yeah, sorry, my bad. It was written at the end of 2001 and HT was released in October. I got mixed up because they put My December on the export.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, is a song that wasn't made for any album and that never made anyone, so they put it in the now legendary OSC single, and it became famous...

hmmm...I just noticed something...

When they were Hybrid Theory happened the same thing with Dedicated: it was made after the HTEP (most likely), and wasn't released in any sampler tape or hybridtheory.com....so they just put it in the LPU 2.0 after years in the darkness :chemist: ...

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, sorry, my bad. It was written at the end of 2001 and HT was released in October. I got mixed up because they put My December on the export. [/b][/quote]
    A lot of people think it was recorded for the album because it's on the "One Step Closer" single. They actually recorded it for KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas 2000.

Indeed, indeed.

Neil

A lot of people think it was recorded for the album because it's on the "One Step Closer" single. They actually recorded it for KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas 2000.

Indeed, indeed. [/b][/quote]
    Wait wait. if My December was written 2 months after HT was released (December 2001), how could it have been written for KroQ 2000? That would be a year earlier.. Unless you made a typo... which is entirely possible

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

Wait wait. if My December was written 2 months after HT was released (December 2001), how could it have been written for KroQ 2000? That would be a year earlier.. Unless you made a typo... which is entirely possible [/b][/quote]
    It was released for the KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas 2000. Someone made a typo :)

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Hybrid Theory was released October 24, 2000 :lol:

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

One Step Closer single release-January 15, 2001
    Hybrid Theory release-October 24, 2000

My December was recorded for Kroq's "The Real Slim Santa" CD originally, and LP played it the first time at Kroq Xmas 2000. The Slim Santa CD was really limited though, so the first time it was widely available was a while after HT was released.

Neil

D'OH!

Now why in the hell did I have the idea in my head that HT was released in 2001??

Well now, don't I look stupid. :unsure:

Luke

D'OH!

Now why in the hell did I have the idea in my head that HT was released in 2001??

Well now, don't I look stupid. :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    Probably because it was the best selling album of 2001 even though it was relesed autumn/winter 2000

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

D'OH!

Well now, don't I look stupid. :unsure: [/b][/quote]
    dont worry, you arent alone! :innocent:

linkin3544park

linkin3544park Banned

you can do that???

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

you can do that??? [/b][/quote]
    Well apparentley he did, didn't he :rolleyes:

And please stop making useless posts immediatley or you will be banned.