How much talent?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Glenn, Sep 26, 2004.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Honestly, I don't know people's opinions on Rob, Brad, and Phoenix. How much talent do you think they have? Is one better than another?

They have creativity, no doubt about that. But I can't really judge how much talent they have at playing their instruments.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I dunno, i think we all know there are better musicians out there, but i can't help but feel that they are restricted by Warner/Producer (Don Gilmore) from attempting anything different. I believe that given the chance they will probably surprise us all.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I'd say Rob has good talents playing the drums. Brad isn't bad at what he does too. But i don't know about Phoenix...

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

As goes with all bass players. Bass players are a dime a dozen, and everyone knows that because bass is.. well bass. But Phoenix is an awesome guy with a funny personality who's contribution to the band is every bit as important as Mike Chester Brad Rob and Joe

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

yeah i agree w/ that, but i also think Linkin Park would not even be close to what they are right now if Phoenix had never been a part of the band. and beside the point they are all friends and always will be. that is the most inportant part of being in a band: being friends and having fun together. :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :rob: :phoenix:

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

yeah i agree w/ that, but i also think Linkin Park would not even be close to what they are right now if Phoenix had never been a part of the band. and beside the point they are all friends and always will be. that is the most inportant part of being in a band: being friends and having fun together. :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :rob: :phoenix: [/b][/quote]
    Exactly, that's what keeps them together and making damn good music. Imaging LP without Phoenix's input, the music would be different I bet.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Exactly, that's what keeps them together and making damn good music. Imaging LP without Phoenix's input, the music would be different I bet. [/b][/quote]
    I bet Brad would have to do bass on the next album and/or they'd find another player.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Hmmm....Brad's guitar playing doesn't sit well with me.

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, LP isn't LP without :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: . Besides, for those who think that Phoenix is repleaceble, remember who came out with that wicked 6/8 time signature in From The Inside...
    ( :phoenix: )

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

I think they hace enough talent , but they can do better then they bdo in the songs

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Rob really picked up the drumming on 'Meteora' and it was the best part of the album. Rob's an awesome drummer now, compared to 'Hybrid Theory'. He's really improved.

Brad could be good if he thought up some complex riffs. Same with Dave, he deosn't need to blend the bass in with the backround.

emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I know Rob was practicing tons more and was more prepared for Meteora but I dont really hear the difference between his Meteora and HT drumming. Either way, he tries to stay away from the repetitive drumming, which is great.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I know Rob was practicing tons more and was more prepared for Meteora but I dont really hear the difference between his Meteora and HT drumming. Either way, he tries to stay away from the repetitive drumming, which is great. [/b][/quote]
    When I listen to "Faint", and "Easier To Run", I notice a difference.

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

If Brad played some really kick ass riffs, then LP would be back on top with the next album...Creating many new fans in the process. He needs to try riffs instead of just playing chords..Maybe delve into the world of lead guitar, not crazy shredding or solos for that matter, but just more intricate lead parts boosted by knock out rhythems.

I, for one, deffinantly noticed Rob's improvement in drumming. 'Faint' is a perfect example of this.

lance

lance Well-Known Member

i don't this is important, the important things is they must play their song better a day by a day ;)

iBleedMusicality

iBleedMusicality Member

Bass players are a dime a dozen, but I don't think the really good ones get enough credit. I am now the lead singer and rhythm guitarist in my band, but I used to play bass since age four. I remember everyone always telling me "The bass is easiest to learn, hardest to master"

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Yeah, LP isn't LP without :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob: . Besides, for those who think that Phoenix is repleaceble, remember who came out with that wicked 6/8 time signature in From The Inside...
    ( :phoenix: ) [/b][/quote]
    WOW! 6/8 TIME :mellow:

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

They are kinda restricted by Don Gilmore.I think Rob has plenty of talent,Darren too has a lot but I feel Brad's guitar parts are so bland that I get an impression that he has very little talent and potential

jmj

jmj Active Member

Brad has played bass for LP he did in a few songs on HT while Phoenix was touring with Snax.

I however don't agree with the statement of bassist being a "dime a dozen". It depends on where you live here there are hardly any good bassist that can hold a good bassline and most bands look for a bassist to play percussive bass which generally just follows the drum pattern

Phoenix's bassline from THe Forgotten in the verses is great... or that may be Brad.