Vegetarians

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mark, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Link04

Link04 Ambient

I would have warned him if he was on my side. Rules are rules, you break them, you face the consequences. [/b][/quote]
    Alright, gotcha. Didn't mean to imply any bias on your part, sorry if I, myself, was out of line.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

Well it looks like I have one person, Link04, going for me. Don't be pissy because my argument actually holds water.

Yes rules are rules, I just hadnt read them. Trust me the last thing I wanna do is offend others because that makes me look like a Richard and people will pay attention to my point of view less. But I didn't realize how strict things are around here, I'm use to going to politcal type forums and hearing people curse at our President or Michael Moore, I will watch my mouth thus forward. What does the W mean?

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

We got pissed because you broke a rule and flamed another member. What is so hard about not doing that? Just dont flame anyone and its alright. End of argument.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

Quoting is taking way to much space.

Proteins, yes. Other than that it is devoid of vitamins and supplements. You can get proteins from places other than murder. I thought my Serengeti question was valid, sorry for correcting you, I didn't know that kinda thing is taken in offense around here.

Assumptions don't help you any. Animals saved lately? Over 70 animals are eaten a year per person. I think I saved quite a bit.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah... 70 out of hundreds of millions isn't anything. You're killing and torturing more animals than that in the combines used to harvest your vegetables.

The Doctor

Oh no. 70?! Thats like, insane! Comapring that number to the other few billion there are on the planet.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

:eek: you have mastered the act of sarcasm. The actual number is 83 but I am not sure if I even ate that much meat when I considered it acceptable. 70 will do though, and that is just from my eating habits alone. What exactly am I suppose to do? I am criticized for helping ONLY 70 while you are satisfied about eating that many. How noble indeed.

It isn't anything hmm..actually zero wouldn't be any. And they have moderators like you for such a huge forum. Tsk Tsk. I am only one person, I can't save millions of animals at a time, if I could I would.

Will

Let's not partake in the insulting of intelligence, here.

The Doctor

Im getting out of this now before I get warned.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

Go. I'm reading you.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

Read the whole agreement. YOu have to give me a reason I haven't already refuted.

What is this with the huge signatures. Is there a "Who can take up the most space with every post" contest that I dont know about?

The Doctor

Why should you give a damn?

Will

No... they're just signatures...

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

Why should you give a damn? [/b][/quote]
    I guess you win the contest. Yay.

Will

I guess you win the contest. Yay. [/b][/quote]
    Please stop.

The Doctor

I guess you win the contest. Yay. [/b][/quote]
    Yep I did. And you can win too. Keep up the attitude and youll win yourself a warning.

Maëlle

Maëlle I've seen it all

I know it's been overdone in the atheist vs Christians debates but you didn't refute the evolution theory my dear.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

I know it's been overdone in the atheist vs Christians debates but you didn't refute the evolution theory my dear. [/b][/quote]
    And which one is that? I havent gone to the religious one, way too many pages. Is this the argument that our ancestors used primitive techniques and since this is modern day times and we no longer act like cave men but should still practice the same eating habits? I thought we were more sophisticated.

The LP Junkie

The LP Junkie Member

are you saying then that people who eat meat are unsophisticated because cave men did it and we're supposed to have moved on from that? if thats true, then dude i think you're pretty out of line. ok so i eat berries and fruit and things like cavemen did, am i unsophisticated? what do you have to do to be called sophisticated?

Paygun - listen we all have our own thoughts and opinions which is cool, but when you start blatently saying that people are "unsophisticated" when they eat meat you're putting far too many toes out of line.

Paygun Poetree

Paygun Poetree Member

Like I said, Killing is very primitive. She asked my thoughts, my opinion, on the evolution argument. I gave it. If people believe that due to the food chain it is acceptable then so be it, but I already talked about that.

From what I said before "Feel between your chest and neck: there is a soft spot. A cow has an equivalent of that. The man working the "kill floor" will insert a sharp tipped blade directly into that area, and rip downward, severing a major arterie. A combination of blood pressure (remember the cow has been upside down for a while now; all of the blood is rushing toward the head and neck) and gravity allows the blood to flow so fast that the majority of it goes down a drain in the middle of the slanted floor and can't be caught in the bucket the same man is holding. You can see the animal gasping for air, and you can see in its eyes that it knows it is suffering, and that it knows it is going to die. Sometimes, the cow or pig (they are killed in the same manner) will kick so violently that it will break free of the harness around its legs, and hit the floor, convulsing in a pool of blood both his own and of his brothers, sisters, and fellow animals, until it finally breathes no more."

This is not sophisticated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.