The Anti-Bible

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jul 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Satan

Dr. Satan Banned

are you a Satanist?

EDIT: Not the Self-God one, the one where you worship Satan. [/b][/quote]
    No I am not a Satanist. I dont beleive in anything.

2. User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

i agree.
    but still, the thought of so many generations passing the stories down until they were written makes me think that the old testament is buls*it. [/b][/quote]
    If that were true, then howcome chariots were found in the sea (Dead Sea or the Red Sea? I forgot) that Moses and his people crossed on foot?

3. Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

Cool, another sensible atheist. Will was seeming to be one of the few who actually used logic, well, I guess there were a lot of others, anyways, on with the story.

The footprint thing was my bad, completely false, sorry guys. But there are carvings that date back a ways found in caves. These are carvings of dinosaurs. I quickly grabbed these off the web, if you want more, there is some. Go to this link to see a few ancient carvings of dinosaurs. http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/dinocarving.html

The T-Rex is an interesting debate. Some think he's predator, others not. personally, I think he's a scavenger. However, either way, he ate his animals, and left the other humans to do their own thing. Well, at least he left the human race alone for a while, most likely under God's control, but then sin came along and so did death. Of course, when I say most likely, that doesn't mean it's true. Whether my way or another, the human race was kept alive long enough to get a start in this world which they've kept going.

And your last comment, I don't think I explained well enough. This is not something that God CAN'T do, but something that he has chosen not to. He could have control over us, and he does, but has made up his mind that he won't use it.

Oh yes, and referring to Rachel's comment, God spoke to the men and women who wrote the bible, and they wrote exactly as he said to. Otherwise we don't have any proof that the bible is anything, making it just another book, making it completely useless. I'm not saying that you are, but many people use that idea when they don't like what the bible tells them to do, so they say men wrote it, made a mistake, so maybe what I think is the real thing.

4. The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

No...its been proven by many scientists that T-Rex was not a scavenger.

5. Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

No...its been proven by many scientists that T-Rex was not a scavenger. [/b][/quote]
    I apologize again. But that's not the point. My point is, there is no proof that dinosaurs ate or attacked humans back then.

6. Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Because dinosaurs didn't exist at the same time as humans!

7. Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

What about all the carvings discovered. Those ancient people weren't bright enought to find some bones and reconsruct what they looked like. So they must've seen them in the flesh. And the drawings have been proven to be old. Old enough for a creationist to say there were there for most of the Earth's life.

8. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

In the days of evolution, early humans drew of what they saw BEFORE destroying it. If you knew any information on evolution, you'd know they weren't around during the prehistoric ages.

In Australia, I do believe, they found larger creatures, not the size of animals today and most likely animals that were put to extinct back then. Man burned down a lot of stuff that killed the animals there and such but they left behind drawings on walls of creatures, yes, but that doesn't mean they were dinosaurs since man evolved way after the extinction of the dinosaur. Not only that, when the dinosaurs were still around, man was still a rodent, or so I've learned, the marsupial.

9. Will

What about all the carvings discovered. Those ancient people weren't bright enought to find some bones and reconsruct what they looked like. So they must've seen them in the flesh. And the drawings have been proven to be old. Old enough for a creationist to say there were there for most of the Earth's life. [/b][/quote]
    I don't know who taught you that humans lived at the same time as dinosaurs or that humans made cave paintings and carvings of dinosaurs, but they were wrong...

10. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

There are those books you know, made for pre-schoolers where they have "cavemen" living with dinosaurs... you know... the purple and orange ones, but.... umm... I didn't know we are supposed to take those as real :wth:...

11. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

If that were true, then howcome chariots were found in the sea (Dead Sea or the Red Sea? I forgot) that Moses and his people crossed on foot? [/b][/quote]
    well, if its proven, then i cant say it didnt happen. this fact obviously shows that some of the stories are true. and yes i was wrong to say everything is buls*it. most of it is though.

EDIT: and its read sea, darling. at least i think so... dont listen to me.

12. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

This debate is very interesting. I just want to comment on it.

I'd jump into it, but Derek pretty much said all I was gonna say..

Derek, you are cool. :thumbsup:

13. Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

There are 2 places where you will hear of dinosaurs coexisiting with people:

1. Jurassic Park
    2. Barney.

Thats it. In real history, humans and dinosaurs never existed together

14. Will

LMFAO.

Oh, Todd... where would we be without you? :lol:

15. Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

Whether I agree or not, I must admit, that was funny.

16. emmmers

emmmers Super Member LPA Super Member

I can tell this is going nowhere. :lol:

17. ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

Here's my POV on religion. I see the bible as more, "guidelines" on how you live your life. That's why it's so rediculous that people say "Ooohhh, you're SO going to Hell for that!" I being atheist, don't follow the bible at all, seeing as how I have no reason to. But really, if someone randomly said "Hey, I'm a prophet!" We'd think they're crazy. Hell, if anything that supposedly happened in the bible happened today, we'd all be in an insane assylum. But really, you can't just base your life upon a book that might be incredibly false. It's like saying "Everything in Harry Potter happened in real life" and people believe in afterlife in Heaven, Hell, etc. But they don't believe in ghosts? what's with that? :wth:

Atheists and those who believe in God have been at eachothers' throats for years, and there will always be strong points from both sides and there's nothing we can do. Just let the people live their lives the way they want to live them. People shouldn't be peanilized for their beliefs.

18. Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

:lol:

I read most the article and found most of it amusing.

19. Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

There weren't any strong points for atheism until science was created.

20. $pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

There weren't any strong points for atheism until science was created. [/b][/quote]
    Yes there was.

In my mind, simply saying "I don't believe in God" is a strong point by itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.