Mark Wakefield or Chester Bennington

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by savetomorrow, Jun 17, 2004.

[Brkng Th H@bt]

[Brkng Th H@bt] Active Member

To the Topic Starter:

Mark Wakefield did all vocals until Chester joined in 1998 when the band was known has Hybrid Theory.

As for a reply to this post, I think that Chester did do a better job with lyrics when he worked with Mike. When Mike worked with Mark, they sounded way more amateur then they do now. I personally think that Mark Wakefield isn't that good of a singer. He can hit the high notes, but not without making his voice sound weird.

For one thing, Mike and Mark did most Hybrid Theory lyrics together. When Chester came into the picture, they only changed very little. Credit goes to Mark on this one.

But yeah, on Meteora, Chester gets credit.

To another reply: Chester wrote The Morning After. It wasn't a Grey Daze song or Linkin Park song. It was his own.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Uhhh....Chester joined the band and then they renamed themselves to Hybrid Theory. Anything from Xero is Mark Wakefield's lyrics. Nothing from the 'Hybrid Theory EP' is co-written by Mark Wakefield, and the demos of "Forgotten", "A Place For My Head", and "Runaway" were co-written by Mark Wakefield and Mike Shinoda pre-Chester's joining. Chester added onto and revised the songs with Mike in Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park before releasing 'Hybrid Theory'. (Note: From HT EP and HT booklets.)

So credit is only given to Wakefield on the 4-tracks from the Xero sampler, and the demos of "Forgotten", "A Place For My Head" and "Runaway". Mind you, the "Forgotten" and "A Place For My Head" ("Esaul") demos are quite good lyrically, but I think Chester kills him on the rest of the songs.

Both Chester and Mike did not step up to the plate on 'Meteora', and they are capable of much better.

Mr. Benzedrine

Mr. Benzedrine Rock the 40 Oz

Mark wakefield is the guy playing bass in the One Step Closer video, they don't show him much but if you pay attention, you'll see him [/b][/quote]
    The guys name who played bass in the OSC video is Scott Kozoil

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

The guys name who played bass in the OSC video is Scott Kozoil [/b][/quote]
    Correct.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Mark sounds like Matt Bellamy from Muse, without the falsetto.

Yakuza_stinger

Yakuza_stinger Member

The Morning After was written by Chester in one day..in his bathroom... :chaz: as he said..:p

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Sorry, my mistake. My point remains that Mike ad nothing to do with the song though.

Toast

Toast Ambient

Me neither. :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    well of course they only have 4 released songs so it would be hard to hit on every human emotion so all poeple could connect to it... but i understand what you are saying

Paul

Paul The Ultimate Victory LPA Super Member

So I take it that nobody has a picture of Mark Wakefiled?

dementdmonkey

dementdmonkey Active Member

i guess mark wakefield's identity will remain a mystery

EvilDude

EvilDude Well-Known Member

Only reason Xero lyrics are better (to me at least) is coz of the rap.

But then again, I love the lyrics in And One, and knowing that Mike/Chester wrote that shows that they work well together.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Uhhh....Chester joined the band and then they renamed themselves to Hybrid Theory. Anything from Xero is Mark Wakefield's lyrics. Nothing from the 'Hybrid Theory EP' is co-written by Mark Wakefield, and the demos of "Forgotten", "A Place For My Head", and "Runaway" were co-written by Mark Wakefield and Mike Shinoda pre-Chester's joining. Chester added onto and revised the songs with Mike in Hybrid Theory/Linkin Park before releasing 'Hybrid Theory'. (Note: From HT EP and HT booklets.)

So credit is only given to Wakefield on the 4-tracks from the Xero sampler, and the demos of "Forgotten", "A Place For My Head" and "Runaway". Mind you, the "Forgotten" and "A Place For My Head" ("Esaul") demos are quite good lyrically, but I think Chester kills him on the rest of the songs.

Both Chester and Mike did not step up to the plate on 'Meteora', and they are capable of much better. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, Esaul and Rhinestone were both originally done by Mark and Mike. Runaway was derived from Stick N Move by Xero (listen to the guitar part), which is why I think they gave Mark some credit. I believe The Untitled (In the End demo version) was originally writen before Chester joined, it's in the tracklisting for the much sought-after Xero live 1997 show. However, I think Mark wasn't involved in the writing for it, so his name doesn't appear next to In the End in the Hybrid Theory booklet. And One was the first song they wrote when Chester joined, so I'm guessing the other EP tracks were written shortly after that.

Edit: And no Mark, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about Wakefield. :lol:

...unless...*GASP* YOU'RE Mark Wakefield! :eek: :lol:

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

I totally agree with you Mark, they could do alot better.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Chester is better than Mark.
    His voice could go to so many levels that Marks couldnt.
    And IMO I also think Chester wrote better lyrics

P5hngMeAw*y

P5hngMeAw*y Banned

its mark, chester came much l8r, he wasnt even in xero