Aliens

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Ander, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I don't think the CIA/FBI/US Govt would even let them show signs of peace before blowing them to smitherines. [/b][/quote]
    And I'm sure the Canadian gov't would be there with candy, flowers and gift baskets :rolleyes:

:lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

And I'm sure the Canadian gov't would be there with candy, flowers and gift baskets :rolleyes:

:lol: [/b][/quote]
    Probably! It's not like we have a military to attack them with. :lol:

Eilonwy

Eilonwy Well-Known Member

I definitely think there is something else out there. It may or may not be intelligent, but sometimes I think humans aren't really all that intelligent, so who knows? The universe is simply too big for us to be the only ones. This is the kind of stuff I did my research paper on last year, and I find it all very interesting.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Probably! It's not like we have a military to attack them with. :lol:[/b][/quote]
    [​IMG]
    Don't forget Dudley Do-Right!

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Probably! It's not like we have a military to attack them with. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Sharing the world has never been humanity's defining trait.

And if they aren't, we're screwed.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i think they exist... i mean its pretty selfish to think that we're the only creatures in the universe.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I think their are aliens somewhere, without doubt. Some of these abduction stories are pretty far out, but some really make you think about whether they're true or not.

Adam

Adam !!!! LPA Super Member

Aliens have to exist they might not be big green 3 eyed monsters that fly around in flat saucers but they have to exist, the universe is too big for us to be the only life in it.
    I mean how long does the universe/space go on for, does it last forever or does it eventually end and if it does what is beyond it.
    I don't think we will meat any other life forms here on earth because the universe is too so they'd probably either miss our tiny planet or they will just live to far away to reach earth.
    And this life on other planets could be anything from Bacteria to an undiscovered life form.
    And if life on other planets didnt have resources to travel to use or the life on other planets werent as inteligent as us they wouldnt be able to find/travel to us and we would have to go to them but we don't have the technology, fuel or the time to get us out of our solar system and back again.
    And if we land on an alien planet would they get scared and attack us (like we would probably do if the came to us.) And if aliens landed on earth would they want peace.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

I believe that there could be life on other planets, possibility hostile, but I probably think that because I've watched way too many sci-fi movies. I know it's just a movie, but the whole idea of the Men In Black is an interesting concept..like how most people wouldn't be able to handle with the existence of aliens so that they need to cover it up..to the point where they'd have to erase our memories to keep us from panicking. :wth:

Pinkin Lark

Pinkin Lark Prince of Persia.

No doubt in my mind there is life on other planets...there is no way we are the only ones.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Maybe aliens exist, but it's almost scientifically impossible that they have visited us.

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

I think they exist and I think they can't be much different then humans or animals.

don't do this

don't do this Well-Known Member

no one knows for sure if they do exist,but i really believe they do..
    it'd be nice to meet up with em someday i mean cmon they cant be bandishing laser guns everywhere and tearing apart everyone they see and maybe... they're a nice bunch of happy guys stuck up in outer space!! :) :)

Mark

And the scientific proof that it's impossible they've visited us, please?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

THAT'S CRAZY AND I'M NEVER GOING OUTSIDE AGAIN.

*hides under covers*

Atomic125

Atomic125 Member

And the scientific proof that it's impossible they've visited us, please? [/b][/quote]
    There is none. For nine planets down, we don't think life is possible. We can't really see past there. If aliens were able to visit us from afar, what's to say that their knowledge hasn't created a cloaking device. Also, we often think of aliens as this mean little green guy, but if they do exist, they might be rather peaceful, as one guy said in this topic, we are searching for life on other planets, why shouldn't they, or something to that extent. Of course, the second the government sees a flying saucer they're gonna blast it out of the sky, whether it's peaceful or not. If these aliens come over to Earth, they have already proven that they are superior to us. What we might call abductions, they might call lab experiments. If we find life on Mars, surely we're gonna take it back for experiment. My point is, aliens and the stories of their existent, could've happened.

Mark

There is none. For nine planets down, we don't think life is possible. We can't really see past there. If aliens were able to visit us from afar, what's to say that their knowledge hasn't created a cloaking device. Also, we often think of aliens as this mean little green guy, but if they do exist, they might be rather peaceful, as one guy said in this topic, we are searching for life on other planets, why shouldn't they, or something to that extent. Of course, the second the government sees a flying saucer they're gonna blast it out of the sky, whether it's peaceful or not. If these aliens come over to Earth, they have already proven that they are superior to us. What we might call abductions, they might call lab experiments. If we find life on Mars, surely we're gonna take it back for experiment. My point is, aliens and the stories of their existent, could've happened. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly. You can't just attach "scientifically impossible" onto something and say it's right.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

by the way...
    i did a project on UFOs/aliens last year in german and i found a story from the bible that might be a proof that aliens exsist.

i dont think its true though, since i dont really believe in the stories from the bible. but hey, its still interesting to read, for me at least.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

umm....david duchovny, x files, this is not happening(best episode EVER), do i need to say more? of COURSE aliens exist! now whether or not they are little green men with black bottomless pits for eyes remains to be seen. :shifty:

If the word "alien" is defined as lifeform in other parts of the universe, I believe they exist. After all, why are we human beings so arrogant as to assume that we're the only ones to exist? There might be aliens, but they won't necessarily look like little grey men or come in flying saucers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.