does anyone know...

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Danielle, May 16, 2004.

Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can get help on using frames on a HTML page? I am trying to write a site using HTML but it doesn't look right so I need some knowledge on how to use frames to organise my pages.So if you nice people know if there is a website or something that tells you how do this. :teehee:

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

http://www.bagism.com/frameshop/

you just need to fill in the sizes and stuff and push the button and itll make the code for you

you can click on the links where it says "size", "main page", "scrollbars", etc. for more info on that.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

did you try w3school yet?
    [google it; i forgot the link]

Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

Webmonkey is a good site for tutorials and such. That's where I learned frames at. Still working on CSS & PHP though... (If you can't tell, I'm not too good at web design yet..) EDIT: By the way, the W3 Schools site is www.w3schools.com.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Alex had made a small website on html for a school project. If it's still up you can ask him for the URL. It covers tables, and just about everything for beginners :)

BEAVIS

BEAVIS Well-Known Member

I'll give you anadvice: Don't use frames on your site... they suck.
    It's better to use tables and <iframes> tags. You just create a table. Then you can swich some rows or cols as you want. Then in any space of the table you have to insert the <iframes> tags. here it is:

<iframe width=??? height=??? name="???" frameborder="usually 0" scrolling="yes/no/auto" src="the page" ></iframe>

the name is just like the frame's name if you want to use links with target.

And the most important thing is that you can still scroll all the page(and not anly some frames) if your page is bigger than the screen.

The LP Junkie

The LP Junkie Member

i agree with Beavis, iframes are a little better than frames, and the coding that was put works too. i use them and i find those a little easier to manage than frames.

but i can give you a few sites to look at if you're still up for using frames:
    Funky Chickens
    Lissa Explains

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

From what I heard, Macs don't support iframes or something. When I was working with my school on their school website, the Seniors in the team said that iframes don't work correctly on macs or something.

So if you're looking to make the design work for all computers, iframes isn't the way to go.

Kaleb.09

Kaleb.09 Well-Known Member

does anyone know any sites or programmes that would allow me to create an avatar/ icon/logo , Id really appreaciate it if someone could help me thanx alot

The LP Junkie

The LP Junkie Member

oh i though iframes were universal! thanks for the heads up.

i dont know whether you've seen it, but this thread might be of some use to you! good luck with your avatar/icon creating!