Depression

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Mechanical Christ, Jun 25, 2004.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Lately I've been really depressed. I don't know why. in the day i'm fine...then at night it's as if a Dementor is in my room.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Try doing something athletic or maybe swimming or something like that. There aren't many options to "heal" it. Stuff like this takes time. Hope you get out of depressions soon. :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Comedy movies.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

* knock knock *

I guess this is the thread for me to let a rant out... Gonna feel good to get rid of THIS one...

[rant]
    Lately, my girlfriend dumped me. Nothing new here, I've been dumped more than a garbage truck. I guess part of my little personal depression is the fact that I've never had a relationship last more than a month (29 days actually) and never, ever, ever had a second date with anybody. After the first, it goes less than a week later. The bad part now is that even though we still talk on the phone a lot (7 hours yesterday), she's gone for somebody else, and he's all she talks about now. Some day, I'm hoping we'll get back together, but for now...it'll probably take me (not kidding) over a year to be accepted by somebody else. From the times I've asked somebody out, I've had 3 "yes" answers, and 6 "no" answers, and it's to the point where I wonder if I'm ever going to find somebody who loves me again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suicidal or anything (what, me, suicidal? me, the guy who stopped the same thing a month ago?), but it's just really, really depressing. I guess it doesn't help that she's liable to just stop talking to me soon because of her new boyfriend, and fall back to talking to me once a month, if that. I'm going to try to make sure that doesn't happen, but still...it's just heartbreaking.
    [/rant]

I'll probably female dog more about this one, since it's all I can think about lately, it's keeping me up at night, etc............ Bear with me, I'll get over it eventually....but where it takes most guys a week or two to get over a relationship, I find it takes me over a year...

Advice as to how to handle this one would be appreciated...preferrably saving our friendship as well...

:( :unsure:

enfestid

enfestid Guest

Hang out with friends more. If you're shy, then get a friend who will at least hang out with you a little bit and invite you to things... trust me.

Canadian Joe

Canadian Joe Bacon strips LPA Super VIP

My new approach to it....

Step 1: Go to the airport.

Step 2: Buy a block of 40 hours flight time...

Step 3: Use it...

That'll get my mind off this...after all, you can't avoid flocks of birds using half your brain, can you?
    :chemist:

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Ah, you'll be fine, trust me. There's a special girl out there for you, and it may take anywhere from years, to months, to maybe even days to find her. I still haven't found that person yet, but hey, don't lose that hope.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

This belongs Here

zaplarue

zaplarue Active Member

Well, for both Undy and Smashy, I could recommend you to hear slow music and to let it all out slowly, that's effective, but it hurts inside. Don't try to avoid it, because it will eventually come back, try to find an answer, a reason for that thing to happen, if you just dont have one, well, only time can heal those wounds *I feel so poetic*.
    Now Smashy, girl stuff, it's haaard...I know, I got this things, the girls I like don't correspond me, but the girls I dont, well, it's not a new story, the point is I've recieved 1 "no", another girl did something reaaally mean, almost like a "no", and well, this third one is not sure about what she wants right now..anyways, depression is not at all bad. I know everyone tries to avoid it, and obviously to get over it, but it has a bright side... you must take advantage of it, when you are depressed, in most of the cases you want to be alone. Loneliness is somehow heartwarming, its a time when you can find more about yourself, or things around you, its the best time to think and to come up with answers. I understand that you really liked the girls you've asked out, but after all, the fact that they said no reduces their chances of being your soulmate =p, I mean, every guy, in some point of their lives felt that way, *I think*, so dont feel bad, and your ex-gf? That girl is heartless, I would automaticly stop liking her if she did something like that..well not automaticly but eventually, soon.

Ironic, cuz my Guidline for girls is "Try, if she doesnt like you..try harder"
    But I guess that it only applies for those cases in which you actually know that the girl is going to like you if you put lots of effort...

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I have depression and a lot of it stemmed from what happened to you so Ill try to say what happened to me. I know it hurts, but you have to realize that having a girlfriend is not the most important thing in the world. You have to know that there are more important things out there and there are people who have it worse than you. Youre young yet, youll have a lot of time to find someone. Dont go by me though. Im a freak of nature. I found the person I want to spend the rest of my life with and im only 18. Youll have many more times where youll get hurt, trust me, I did. Ive been dumped and rejected more times than I care to remember. Youll always move on and you cant let it dwell. Do what I did to find Steph. Dont go after someone, let someone come to you. I guarantee that it can work. To try to get over it, do other things, do anything you want (within reason) to get your mind off it. Hang out with friends, learn an instrument, write, paint, draw, sing, whatever you like to do.

As for Undead, I know you dont know why you feel that way, but you do. What you need to understand is depression is a sickness that is caused by a chemical imbalance. Something just may be off in your body that could cause this. Certain trauma can do it, many possibilities can cause it. There are medications for it. Before you go out finding any pill you can, try going to your doctor and explaining everything to him. I did it and now I am on Zoloft. It helps a lot, when I remember to take it. The only problem is, when I forget to take it, the slightest emotional jolt can cause me to have a breakdown. Just go to your doctor and really think about it if he gives you the option of medicine.

Mechanical Christ

Don't call me Undy or i'll punch you. :angry:

And it's got nothing to do with relationship problems. :mellow:

And..gee thanks, you guys are really helpful. And Nate, you say you're a freak of nature....what do you mean?

At least I got friends here. :blush: I think.

Mark, can recommend any good comedy movies? Like Mr Bean or what? ^_^

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

I learned this, but when it comes to advice, it'd be best not to use yourself as an example.

And yes, I know that I did it in my last post.

Mechanical Christ

I tried some slow songs....like Pia's Gloomy Sunday...I felt worse....I'm not doing it right am i.....

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

i absolutly agree

there is nothing better than comedy to make you feel better ^_^ (temporarily) :unsure:

laughter is the best medicine :D
    :lol: :lol:

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

i absolutly agree

laughter is the best medicine [/b][/quote]
    No it isn't.
    Not for me anyway.

Mechanical Christ

Trish I get feeling you feel the same way i do now because of ....something.

Just listened to Seether-Broken and i'm crying a little. Describes the whole situation so well....

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

I don't think so.

I'm not depressed, I'm just never really happy.

Mechanical Christ

Mm...that's exactly how I feel now...

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Listen to classic rock. :chemist:
    Some stuff like Back In Black.

TheSunIsShining

TheSunIsShining Well-Known Member

find some music that makes you happy, then listen to it non stop. or listen to something that lets your emotions out then...let your emotions out

like if you're dead angry listen to slipknots duality and scream the words loudly, or if you're upset listen to evanescence and have a good cry.