Agh, Love. What's love?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by arT saveS, Jun 11, 2004.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Love is supposed to be a term for the peak of the feelings for your significant other, but who's to say your feelings cant get stronger after you tell them you love them, what would you say then

One thing thats sad, when people are in love, they will say i love you 24/7 and its quite a feeble attempt to make their relationship progress

Im in love with my gf, and i know shes in love with me because of the person she is, so i believe her, you know your in love when you want to spend every moment you can with them, just sitting doing something boring is fun when its with them, when they go away you miss them, and you get jealous seeing them with their other guy mates

Dont say i love you if you dont mean it.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Very nice! Spoken from someone first-hand!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I believe Haddaway covered this topic best in his epic song, "What Is Love?"....

....:lol:

Love is that special feeling you get when you'd be willing to lay your life on the line for someone else, and that feeling of warmth and giddyness you get when you meet that special someone.

It is only a word used to describe immense care and respect for another human being.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

There were many times when I really thought I loved a person.. The thing is i'm sick of love. Even liking someone because in the end you'll get heart broken anyway supposedly. I'm not saying there's a one hundred percent chance that may happen or anything but with me it has. One guy dumped me three times for three different girls and he lied to me saying that he was moving away and he didn't want to hurt me. You know what? He never moved. The very next week I saw him with someone else.. Love is sickingly cruel. I have a bleak out look on love right now I'm sure my views will change in time of course, but for now, I doubt it very very much.. Another time this guy dated me for like.. a day and then the next day he was with someone else and he was extremley rude to me. He flicked me off and called me a whore. I never really want to talk about that one but once love really does come along for me I hope it stays that way forever.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

i believe in love, for some reason. it gives you hope if you believe.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with what you said... it's all about care and respect!

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

Ain't it the freakin' truth!

Exactly the same way I feel right now about my gf

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Ain't it the freakin' truth!

Exactly the same way I feel right now about my gf [/b][/quote]
    Amen to that.

Now, I think love is pretty simple--caring about another person to the extreme. But it kind of pisses me off when little 12 year olds who have been going out for two weeks go around saying "OMG I love him/her sooooooooooo much!" No you ####ing don't. That's called hormones. You'll be battling them for quite awhile.

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

Amen to that.

Now, I think love is pretty simple--caring about another person to the extreme. But it kind of pisses me off when little 12 year olds who have been going out for two weeks go around saying "OMG I love him/her sooooooooooo much!" No you ####ing don't. That's called hormones. You'll be battling them for quite awhile. [/b][/quote]
    God, i'm 17 and my girlfriend's 15 (turning 16 in August, a day before our 1 year anniversary) But I hate it when 12 year olds do that! They just want to say to say that so they can play "doctor" together or something. Now, me and Angelina (my gf's name)...thats true love!

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

God, i'm 17 and my girlfriend's 15 (turning 16 in August, a day before our 1 year anniversary) But I hate it when 12 year olds do that! They just want to say to say that so they can play "doctor" together or something. Now, me and Angelina (my gf's name)...thats true love! [/b][/quote]
    awww... i hope we can all find our one true love sometime soon. but nothing lasts forever. i guess sometimes love isnt enough, you know? [not that im saying you and angelina are gonna break up.]

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

awww... i hope we can all find our one true love sometime soon. but nothing lasts forever. i guess sometimes love isnt enough, you know? [not that im saying you and angelina are gonna break up.] [/b][/quote]
    I hate to say this man, but I got a call last night from one of my friends saying that Angie moved to Philly which is like 4 hours away from me. See, she's been going through some rough sh*t and they just needed to get her out of there before something bad happened!

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

Philly's fun, I live like 10 minutes away from there.

[/offtopic]

I have a boyfriend right now, and i'm not entirely sure if I'm in love yet. I mean, he says it, but I just want to be sure before I really say and mean "I love you" back. Right now i'm calling it "luv", lol.

LpAcolyte311

LpAcolyte311 Banned

love is a fuzzy warm feeling inside that makes me puke

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Well that was mature.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

grow up or leave. and read the rules and guide so you can stop looking and acting foolish.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Well that was mature. [/b][/quote]
    Well, I do agree with him. Love is the hardest thing in the world to get and hold on to, but once you have it..it's like the most amazing feeling in the world.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Well, I do agree with him. Love is the hardest thing in the world to get and hold on to, but once you have it..it's like the most amazing feeling in the world. [/b][/quote]
    Oh I know....I was talkin about the puke comment. :lol:

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

Love.

A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

or...

A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

Love, is unpredictable. It's almost like a whirlwind, pulling you in all at once, when you least expect it. And when you realize you're in love, the world around you seems lighter. Your days seem brighter and well, I feel cheesy saying but I'm being honest... being in love with Neil, makes me feel whole. Love is wonderful and precious. :D

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

I hate to say this man, but I got a call last night from one of my friends saying that Angie moved to Philly which is like 4 hours away from me. See, she's been going through some rough sh*t and they just needed to get her out of there before something bad happened! [/b][/quote]
    oh man. that sucks. im sorry. *hugs*
    how often are you guys gonna meet now?

ProJecT NotHinG

ProJecT NotHinG Banned

oh man. that sucks. im sorry. *hugs*
    how often are you guys gonna meet now? [/b][/quote]
    well i cant drive yet (yeah im 17, and i dont have my license yet, how bad is that) and she lives 4 hours away from me, so i dunno yet! It's killing me!