Homosexuals

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by ryanlp2004, Jun 10, 2004.

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

hmm thats an interesting point. Yeah my moms boyfreind was telling me he was watching something on tv and back in the like late 1800s or something like that. They thought that gay people had mental disabilities and they would give them labodamees(or however the hell you spell that) and they actually had footage of it, maybe it was early 1900s i dont know but yeah i think thats pretty messed up. [/b][/quote]
    lobotomies? :lol:

ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

lobotomies? :lol: [/b][/quote]
    lol....yeah

maxiscool

maxiscool Well-Known Member

I don't know dude having gay parents is good enough reason for a kid at a young age to feel different, and a kid at an older age to be the target of the average high school bully.

ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

I don't know dude having gay parents is good enough reason for a kid at a young age to feel different, and a kid at an older age to be the target of the average high school bully. [/b][/quote]
    Thats almost like guarenteed to happen, if you think about schools today

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't know dude having gay parents is good enough reason for a kid at a young age to feel different, and a kid at an older age to be the target of the average high school bully. [/b][/quote]
    the kids in the stories i read were teenagers in high school

besides, if it matters to you that much and you feel like you cant defend yourself in situations like that then dont talk about your parents. not that you should be ashamed of them or anything. like if your mom was a stripper or something, if you feel like you dont want people making fun of you or your mom just dont go around telling them. some people are just close minded and its just better to avoid them if youre not physically able to beat the crap out of them.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane

Crazy.Desperate.Insane Well-Known Member

Wow. Thanks for the scientific explanation of homosexuality. I didn't know there was a scientific explanation for that. I thought it was just a decision made by an individual. The environment he lives that allows him to think and decide is the no.1 factor that affects his decision.. An example would be a guy living in a feministic world.. born with 5 sister and a single parent-mother.

Oh.. I'm glad I'm not born with extra testosterone

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I’m going to play off of Keaton’s question a little bit, here.

What if you were gay? Would you hate yourself? I doubt it. You would want everyone to think you were “normal” even though you “clearly are not.”

Homosexuals just want to be viewed like a normal person. That’s why they’re pushing so hard to make it legal for them to be married, because they’re people, too.

But, think about that: What if you were gay? Or, what if your child is gay? What if another family member is gay?

Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

If I was gay, I think I would feel the same as I do now about myself, the only difference would be the sexuality. I wouldn't hate myself for it. However I think that I would have a horrible youth because of all the comments, the hate you get, and the people who are pushing you to become straight again. That really happens, I have seen it happening. People can ruin your life for it.

If my child was gay, I would love her/him as much as I would do if he/she was straight. I would be open minded and talk about things, like being in love with someone. I really wouldn't have any problems with it. The best thing to do is giving your child the best youth you can give.

Same for if a family member was gay, I would support him/her.

Gay people are just as normal as straight people. I think that homosexuals could raise childeren well. As far as I know, they are very nice people, and I think they would give a child everything what it need. But I don't know for sure if this has effect on the child. I think that more childeren who were/are raised by a gay couple, turn out to be gay then childeren raised by a straight couple. Because the child grows up with homosexual parents as example, and may think that this is the normal, more usual way.

(don't get me wrong on the last sentence)

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

That was a bit homophobic, don't you think? I'm pretty sure LPA doesn't tolerate that.

But my maybe I'm just misunderstanding. :)

I feel awkward around homosexual people, it's true. There is nothing wrong with that however, it's normal. I'm not homosexual, therefore I don't understand why they are. The thing Mark explained about excess estrogen(one of the 2 hormones in a female, for those who don't know) and excess testosterone (the male hormone) did help me understand a little bit more. I always believed people chose to like their own sex, just like I choose nachoes over pizza. Shitty comparison, get over it. But to me, I really don't care if a person is homosexual. As long as they don't involve me in it (as it has happened once), then I don't care. If they are in love with a person and it just so happens that that other person is the same sex, get over it. They are in love.

If my child ended up being gay, I would feel weird. I probably wouldn't be the best person to talk to about it, but if he/she did talk to me about it, I would try to be as understanding as possible.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

WOW YOU'RE WARNED FOR BEING HOMOPHOBIC WITHOUT A VALID REASON.

God damn. :rolleyes:

You now have two warnings.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

WOW YOU'RE WARNED FOR BEING HOMOPHOBIC WITHOUT A VALID REASON.

God damn. :rolleyes:

You now have two warnings. [/b][/quote]

RememberingNever

RememberingNever Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I'll try to be more serious next time. :blush:

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

im all for homosexual rights except for adopting children. i guess it would be barely ok if it was 2 lesbians, but 2 men are not an option.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

If a homosexual couple wanted to adopt children, I don't really see a problem with that. It's kind of like a cycle of homophobicity (is that a real word?). Governments don't want homosexual couples to adopt, which is homophobic, probably because they think the child will end up homosexual. If that did happen, the child will probably want to adopt once he/she is an adult and the whole thing begins again

ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

thats kinda what i said from the start

May

May Ambient

I'm a bisexual and both my parents are straight. i think gays should have every right as straight couples. there's not different plus it doesnt say anywhere that same sex can not get married. we talked about this in civics class and it just says couples nothing about sex.

and thanks Mark for saying all that at the begining of the topic. hopefully people will understand why people have different perferences

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I would be fine with raising kids that are homosexual. I can understand why people are homosexual and would be open minded if I had homosexual kids. Some of my friends are bisexual and sometimes at weeks at a time, I forget that they are bisexual because they are just like everyone else.

ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

some of my friends are bisexual as well. but it makes no difference to me, since all my bisexual friends are guys. but i guess it would be a bit strange dating a guy thats bisexual.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

thats kinda what i said from the start [/b][/quote]
    Sorry man, I couldn't be arsed to read the whole thing

ryanlp2004

ryanlp2004 Banned

Sorry man, I couldn't be arsed to read the whole thing [/b][/quote]
    No problem